Time to Dance

So Much For A Quiet Evening Alone

A few weeks had passed and I felt like I was being kept a prisoner in my own home, well training home. Dad and Nate had me learning moves and techniques almost every day. I was beginning to wonder when I could go out and fight on the streets. I knew that they were just worried about me. It wasn't if I could fight or handle the vampires that they were worried about. Dad and Nate were worried about Dimitri finding me and that I may run off with him.

Dean was released from the hospital a few days after he woke up and back to his old, normal self. Well, as normal as he could be. He hadn't come to visit me but we had talked on the phone. Dean wasn't exactly ready to thank Nate for saving his life and I think Nate was grateful he didn't have to see Dean right away. Dean was trying to track down Jake, but his thoughts were lost. He just knew that Jake was still alive but hidden very well.

Lyra was released the day after Dean woke up. It has been killing her that Josh and Nonnie have been spending more time together. Lyra has been over at the training house taking out her frustrations.

At least her dad is impressed. He keeps telling her not to worry about Josh and that she can have any guy that she wants which pisses her off even more. It just adds fuel to the fire and dad has to go and get more dummies for me to practice on because Lyra destroys them before I get around to it.

Speaking of my dad, him and all my uncles have been out slaying like old times. I feel useless. I can't go out even at night without someone being there to make sure I go home and not fight vampires. At least I find it humorous when they come home beaten up and my aunts are yelling at them that they aren't as young as they used to be.

"Dad you aren't seriously thinking about going out again tonight are you?" I asked as Dad started going through all the weapons that Patrick had brought over last night.

"Someone has to go out and patrol until you are ready." He replied.

"Dad, I am not a child. I think I know how to kill a vampire." I said taking a knife and throwing it at the wall where the television was.

"It's not that I don't think you are ready..." He trailed as Nate walked over to inspect what my target was.

The doorbell rang. "Um, sorry hun, the boys are here." Dad said kissing my forehead and taking off out the door as I sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"Just remind me not to ever mess with you. Good aim. How did you see that fly from way across the room?" Nate asked impressed.

"I don't know; just good instincts I guess." I sighed heading upstairs.

"Where are you going?" Nate asked.

"I'm going to change. I want to go swimming and clear my head." I said.

I closed the door but didn't lock it. Instead, I walked over to my bed where I slept when I felt too tired to go home. This was my parents old room. They moved sometime after I was born but before Will. I climbed in and rolled over onto my side where I faced the sliding doors that led to the deck. If only I could escape. I started to cry.

There was a knock at the door. "Alex, are you ok?" Nate asked.

"Alex?" He asked again as I heard the bedroom door creak open.

"I'm...I'm fine." I sniffled.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Nate asked climbing onto the bed behind me.

"Nothing." I said not looking at him.

"You wouldn't be crying if it was nothing." He said.

I rolled over to face him. Nate wiped away what tears I had left. "I feel trapped. It wasn't like this until I got weird weeks ago." I replied.

"I know. I will talk to your dad. I think you are ready to go out. We are just afraid and you know why but we can't keep you here forever." Nate half smiled.

Nate moved closer to kiss me. My heart started to race. We were finally alone together which had been awhile. Lyra had stayed here whenever she decided to get mad at Josh.

"You know, we are finally alone together." Nate whispered in my ear before he started kissing my neck.

"I think you are a mind reader." I laughed.

"Ah, someone's heart is beating faster." Nate laughed.

"Shut up and kiss me!" I said as we both sat up in bed. Nate grabbed me and pulled me closer to him as I started to pull his shirt over his head. He then took my shirt off and after us kissing heavily everywhere, started to unhook my bra but I stopped him.

"Wait!" I said pulling back.

"Am I moving too fast?" Nate suddenly looked surprised.

"No, its just I have never had sex before and well you um have." I replied.

"We don't have to have sex if you aren't ready. I don't want to rush you into something you don't want to do." Nate said reaching for his shirt.

"I'm just afraid you will be disappointed in me." I sighed.

"Baby, I could never be disappointed in anything that you do. I love you regardless of anything." He said.

I reached for Nate and kissed him as I pulled him over me. He started to tease me by kissing my shoulder as he taunted me as he slowly pulled one strap down off my bra. Nate was about to slide the other strap off when we were suddenly interupted.

"Wolf." Nate said as I said, "Dean."

"Be nice." I said playfully slapping Nate's left arm.

"So much for a quiet evening alone." Nate replied lifting me up off the bed and handing me my shirt.

"He has such impeccable timing." He added as we headed downstairs.