Time to Dance

Don't Call Me Princess

I slammed the bedroom door and started to pack a bag. That's it I was leaving. I have had enough of this place and my life. If I leave, then maybe danger would follow me but leave everyone I love alone. Maybe Dean and Nate could start to get along. Ugh! They made me so mad!

I heard a knock on the door. "Go away!" I yelled. They knocked again. "I'm warning you!" I said looking for something I could throw at the door.

"Alex, its me. Dean and I talked and we are going to try for your sake to be friends again. You are right. We aren't the enemy; Dimitri and Jake are." Nate said as he started to open the door. I found my shoe on the floor and threw it at the door.

"Alex, now don't be that way." Nate said in his calm, but worried tone.

I picked up another shoe but Nate was too fast for me and barged into the room and picked me up before I could throw it. "Put me down!" I yelled at him.

"Not until you calm...wait, were you trying to leave?" Nate asked shocked.

"Put me down." I said.

"Not until you tell me where you think you were going." Nate replied.

"As if you didn't already know." I said as I could tell that Nate was trying to search my thoughts.

Nate dropped me on the floor. "Hey! What was that for?" I asked trying to get up.

"As if you didn't already know." Nate fired back at me.

"Oh no, you just wait a minute!" I snapped. I didn't like that Nate had dropped me or the fact that he used my words against me.

"Um, guys, am I interuppting anything?" Dean replied knocking on the door.

"Yeah, you can tell princess here that I'm done. She doesn't need me so why am I even here?" Nate huffed out of my room.

"Oh, I know you didn't just call me that!" I said pushing past Dean and following Nate downstairs.

"You know what? Just go like you were planning on doing. Escape. Run to Dimitri. I don't care." Nate said.

"Guys, am I missing something here?" Dean asked confused.

"Wait a minute. I know where this is going. This is partly my house. You leave!" I screamed at Nate.

"Hey!" Dean snapped causing me and Nate to turn and look at him.

"What!" We both shouted at Dean.

"Both of you shut up! You are giving me a nasty headache with your banter. Now does someone want to tell me what is going on here?" Dean replied.

"Princess here was planning on running away." Nate explained.

"Alex, tell me that Nate isn't serious."

I stood in silence. "Why would you do that?" Dean asked concerned.

"Because you two wouldn't stop fighting and I just thought that everyone would get along better and be safe if I was gone." I replied sighing. Now I was going to hear a lecture from Dean. Just great.

Instead all I got was a look of disappointment from Dean. "Dean, I..." I started to say.

"I don't want to hear it. In fact I don't want to hear anything else. You know, I made up and apologized to Nate. While you decided to flee upstairs before Alex came to check on you, we stopped fighting and were able to work things out. But you go and...and..." I didn't get to hear anything else that Dean was saying after that. I started to become dizzy and my vision blurred until I blacked out.

I drifted into a dream; a terrible dream that left me screaming. "Alex!" I could hear as I was being shaken awake.

"Alex, wake up!" I heard a frantic Nate reply.

I opened my eyes and pushed Nate away from me. "Alex, its me, Nate. You passed out and then you started screaming in your sleep." He said.

"Yeah, you nearly scared us." Dean replied as everything came into focus. I was sitting on the couch with Nate beside me.

I looked into his eyes and suddenly all the fighting we had done earlier was the least of my problems. I grabbed Nate and held onto him, not letting him go. He held me tightly too.

"What is it?" Nate asked me as I looked up at him again.

"I dreamed you died. It was too real." I said lifting up his shirt to inspect his chest just to make sure he hadn't been staked.

"Hey, nothing has happened to me or will happen, ok?" Nate said with reassuring eyes.

"I'm sorry." I choked out.

"Man, this dream really has you worried. Maybe I need to start invading your dreams again at night." Nate smiled.

"This isn't funny Nate. In the dream, I killed you." I said as Nate looked over at Dean.

"I don't think you fighting over something stupid is going to make you want to kill Nate." Dean laughed. I just glared at him.

"I'm not going anywhere ok? And you aren't going to kill me." Nate said leaning in to kiss me to distract me. "I'm sorry for calling you princess. I know it gets on your nerves." Nate smiled.

"Hey, why do you call her that anyway when you get mad?" Dean asked.

"Because the spoiled, rich, daddy's girl comes out in her." Nate laughed as I smacked his arm.

"It's true." He laughed again with Dean.

"I am not a spoiled daddy's girl." I replied.

"Yeah, ok, so you aren't the daughter of Pete Wentz, his first daughter who has spoiled you rotten and grown up in the public eye?" Dean snickered.

"Oh and like you guys aren't the firstborn of your famous parents? Please. And for the record I get along better with my dad because my mom was crazy...uh I mean I thought she was crazy. Now I'm the crazy one." I sighed.

We heard the front door start to open and saw Pete and Joe stumble in all banged up and bruised. "What the hell happened to you?" I asked.

"Don't ask and no it wasn't Dimitri or his crew but some random punk vampires." Joe grumbled.

"Um, maybe you should let us have a stab at them." Dean laughed.

"Ha ha, very funny son." Joe laughed as he slowly limped his way to a chair to sit in.

"Fine, I will go get an ice pack." Dean said heading into the kitchen.

"Someone isn't as spry as they used to be." I laughed. Dad just glared at me.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I bought you something tonight but you can't have it until after graduation." Dad replied flopping down on the couch by my other side.

"Graduation? Crap I forgot its only four days away!" I said looking at Nate.

"Did someone say graduation?" Dean replied coming back from the kitchen. "Crap, man, I think me and Nate won't get to graduate from him missing all this time and me skipping school because of this drama." Dean said worried.

"I really don't want to repeat my senior year again." Nate grumbled.

"There has to be something we can do but I don't know what to do." I said looking at Nate.

"I think I know a way." Joe said.

"What's that dad?" Dean asked.

"Nate, you will need to show up for the class night awards in two days and Dean you need to show up to class the next three days. I think we can get Will and Josh to hack into the school offices and change some stuff. Nate and Pete, you two are going to have to do that mind thing again to make everyone thinks Nate didn't disappear for this to work." Joe explained.

"It just might work." I said as dad tossed me his cell phone to call my brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas! :)