Time to Dance

Home At Last

I made it home from school and crashed on my bed. Dad and Nate would be over tonight, to make sure I am here and not out killing vampires just yet. Kayla was coming over tonight as well and Elizabeth was due home from school in an hour.

Hours passed and Kayla, Nate, Will, and my Dad were all here. Elizabeth was upstairs practicing her ballet. Will was waiting for Josh as we all sat in the living room.

"What is taking him so long?" Will paced the floor. "If we are going to do this, we need to do this right."

"Calm down son." My dad replied.

There was a knock on the door and my dad got up to answer it. It was Josh and Joe. Will calmed down just a little.

"What's the plan to get my brother and Dean a diploma?" Kayla asked.

"You aren't breaking into the school are you?" I asked.

"That's the plan. Dad and Uncle Joe have our backs so no worries sis." Will said kissing me on the forehead.

"Please, you should have seen them last night coming in all banged up." I said under my breath.

"Why are you going again dad?" I asked looking up at my father.

"Joe and I are going to make sure there aren't any vampires around in the neighborhood and I am strong enough to break into the school without damaging things so that no one will know that two high school students broke in." Dad laughed.

"You do realize that if they are caught by security they can be expelled and all my brother's chances of getting into a good school are down the tube. Not to mention that when mom ever wakes up how pissed she is going to be with you?" I added.

"No worries. Everything is taken care of." Dad said as the four of them headed out the door.

"Will!" Kayla said running out to the porch. "Don't forget what I asked you to do." She winked.

"What did you ask Will to do sis?" Nate asked as she spun around and headed back inside.

"Nothing." Kayla said sitting on the couch.

"We'll see if its nothing." Nate grinned heading into the kitchen.

"You told him!" Kayla snapped at me.

"Hey, I didn't tell him anything." I laughed and I didn't.

"Fine!" She said.

"I didn't. I don't know how he knows or maybe he doesn't know and was trying to get you to confess. I mean you all are twins. You have that twin ability thing to know things." I said trying to defend myself.

"I hope you are right. Hey, wanna order a pizza?" She asked.

"Sure." I said.

We called for a pizza and then popped in a movie to watch. Nate and I snuggled on the couch. After our pizza arrived, I ate a few slices, and then we started another movie, a bad feeling came over me. I knew these feelings. I felt them for mom, and I felt them with Nate. Dean too. This one was stronger.

I got up to put my plate in the kitchen but stumbled. Nate caught me. "Alex?" Kayla asked getting up off the floor.

"Something's wrong. I don't know what it is but Dad and the others should have been back by now." I replied.

"Your right." Nate looked at me.

"I have to go Nate." I said leaving his arms.

"That's why I am coming with." He said following me to the front door.

"I'm coming too." Kayla said.

"No. You stay here with Elizabeth." I said.

"She is fine. I promise I will stay in the car. Promise." Kayla pleaded.

Nate gave her a look but nodded for her to come. I went and told Elizabeth where we were going and then took off. Nate drove as fast as he could towards our school.