Time to Dance

Rebreaking and Entering

I took a running start lunging at a vampire. Then jumping off him, I hit the wall of the school with my feet and bounced off it, flipping myself up onto a vampire's shoulders before jumping up towards the roof, where I caught hold of one of Nate's arms that was reached out for me.

"I got you!" Nate said trying to pull me up with a strain in his voice.

"Hurry Nate!" I said as the vampires below me kept jumping and reaching to grab my feet.

"There!" He said pulling me up and over the ledge.

We both looked down at the vampires below us. Jace was steaming mad. "This isn't over!" He yelled before signaling his men to leave.

"Friends of yours?" Nate grinned. I just knocked him down on the roof, landing on top of him.

"Oh I totally had the situation under control." I replied sitting on his legs.

"Did you now? Is that why I had to save your ass." He grinned again.

"Is that why you left me when you were supposed to meet me here in the back?" I said eyeing him.

"Hey, you wanted me to trust you and you wanted your freedom right? I was just giving it to you." Nate said.

I climbed off him and helped him up. "Did I mention how much I love it when you pin me?" Nate laughed.

"Save your breath there, Urie. You might strain yourself." I said rolling my eyes. "Besides we have bigger problems like finding my dad."

I paused for a sec then headed back over to the ledge of the roof. "Kayla!" I said.

"She will be ok. The doors are locked and she has her cell phone." Nate said.

"You aren't the bit least worried about how those vampires could attack her and try to break into the car?" I asked worried.

"Trust me. She is fine. It's a twin thing." Nate said.

"Fine." I said.

"Listen, I think everyone snuck in from the roof. There is the hatch up on the third floor." Nate replied.

"Give me a boost?" I grinned.

"Nate gave me a huge boost and then he used his vampire strength to jump like it was nothing up onto the third floor roof area of the school.

"See, the lock has been broken." Nate smirked as I rolled my eyes. "Ladies first." He grinned again.

"I hopped down, landing in a hallway. I looked around checking to make sure the coast was clear. There was only a little bit of light from the outside school lights and the moonlight that was shining in from the classrooms.

"Spooky isn't it in the dark?" Nate laughed turning on a flashlight.

"Where'd you get that?" I asked.

"My back pocket of course."

"So who is your new boyfriend?" Nate asked after we were trying to find our way to a stairwell.

"Boyfriend?"

"Yeah, Jace. I saw how you two were flirting. You so wanted him. I think he wanted you as well." Nate said making me roll my eyes at him.

"Jace is apparently a new, inexperienced vampire who wants to control L.A." I replied.

"Eh, typical." He laughed. "You certainly know how to fall for the tall, dark and handsome dead types." Nate laughed.

"Nate!" I said punching his arm.

"Ow! I was only kidding." He said rubbing his right arm.

"I only fell for you minus the whole I cant control myself but I want to run to Dimirti part." I said.

"Thanks. Way to kill a mood." Nate said shaking his head.

"Hey two can play at this game." I grinned.

Nate slammed me against some lockers and my slayer sense totally went out the window. Instead of being on guard I was totally lost in Nate's hold over me. That wasn't a bad thing.

"You know, I was thinking that maybe after we find everyone we can head back to my place and finish where we left off the other night...." Nate said kissing down my neck.

"Maybe." I said before our lips found each other.

"Nate." I said breathlessly. "As much...as I like this...we have to find the others." I said as Nate backed off.

"Feel anything?" He asked.

"Besides you?" I grinned. "Yes, I do." I said.

"Then lead the way." Nate said wrapping one arm around me as we walked towards a stairwell and then down the the steps to the first floor.

"If I was doing some hacking where would I go?" Nate asked.

"Computer lab?" I shrugged starting to feel a mixture of feelings now.

"No, silly. To the office where the records are kept." Nate said taking my hand and pulling me down another hallway. I was feeling strong feelings that told me to go that way but something else wanted to pull me in another direction as well.

"What?" Nate asked as we stopped. "I don't know, Nate. Something feels off to me." I said.

We heard glass break near the office and my mind suddenly forgot to go another way. We took off towards the main office. On the floor in front of the office door was a security guard who had been bitten but he was still breathing.

"Dad?" Will!" I yelled as Nate and I dove into the office.