Time to Dance

Surprise At The School

(Kayla's POV)

"Ok seriously what is taking them so long?" I said getting bored and impatient. I raised my head up just enough to see a group of vampires I have never seen before dispersing down the street.

"That's odd? I don't remember them being apart of Dimitri's clan." I noticed as I watched them. The one who stuck out at me as a leader turned around and I ducked back down in my seat, hoping he hadn't seen me. After a few seconds, I poked my head back up and saw that they were gone.

I opened my purse about to call my brother when I heard a familiar voice. It was Will. I turned around towards the school and saw him running with Josh. There were vampires in tow. I quickly hopped into the driver seat from the back with no problems. Luckily my brother had left the keys in the car.

I turned on the car and unlocked the doors. I pulled out into the street and ran over a vampire who was going after Will. "Get in!" I yelled as I reached over to open the passenger side.

Will stopped for a minute and looked over to his right. Josh had been caught by two vampires. "Let go of me!" I heard him scream. "If you don't know who my brother is, you will soon if anything happens to me!" He yelled.

"I have to help him." Will said giving me a worried glance. I was in shock. Where was his dad and Josh's? Where was my best friend and brother? What do I do now?

"I want you to get out of here. Just go!" Will yelled at me as he whipped out a stake from his back pocket.

"Wait, Alex and Nate are here somewhere!" I yelled back but it was too late. More vampires came out and I knew I had to do something as Will tried to help Josh. He may be stronger then a normal human thanks to his mother but he is no slayer. I turned around and reached into a bag of weapons we had brought in the backseat, looking for a stake.

My heart raced and I knew now was not the time to be brave. I should listen to Will's advice but I have to help. He is seriously out numbered.

I hopped out of the car and ran into battle. I might not be a skilled fighter but after what happened at prom, I made sure that dad and alex showed me how to protect myself. Plus there was Will who I always practiced my skills on.

"I thought I told you to run!" Will said as he apparently freed Josh and was fighting by his side.

"You are seriously outnumbered. You didn't see Alex?" I asked as we started taking down some vampires together.

"No, she's here?" Will asked.

"She sensed something was wrong. Hey, where's your father?" I asked.

"He must stil be inside fighting off what vampires are in the school." Will said.

I went to attack one vampire but I slipped on a puddle in the street. I went down hard. I tried to get up but was snatched up by a vampire.

"No!" Will and Josh said.

"Well look who I have here." A familiar voice replied like hearing nails on a chalkboard. It was none other then Dimitri himself.

"Let her go!" Will said as he got distracted and held by some vampires.

"Why would I do that?" He snickered. "I have the slayer's best friend and brother here." Dimitri laughed.

"Run Josh!" I screamed as I saw he had bolted to get help. But I screamed as two vampires flew out of nowhere and tackled him to the ground. Dimitri flung me towards two of his lackeys and I watched as he seemed to glide over to Josh.

"No!" I screamed as Will and I both looked in horror as Dimitri grabbed Josh forcefully as he tried to fight him and sink his fangs into his neck. Josh slumped over onto the ground and Dimitri walked towards where Will and I were standing grinning as he licked his lips.

"Ah, who is next?" Dimitri replied.

"You bastard!" Will yelled almost breaking free. "Take me but leave Kayla out of this. You know you want me. I have that slayer blood too." Will said knowing he might not make it out of here alive.

"No, Will." I pleaded. I didn't want to die but I didn't want Will to die either. I looked over at Josh. It looked like he was still breathing but just unconcious.

I heard what sounded like cars approach us but I found out it was a few vans. Dimitri walked over to Will and studied his neck. Then he smiled at me and walked over looking at my neck.

"Don't you touch her!" Will replied trying to break loose from the three vampires who were now holding him back.

"Did anyone tell you how pretty you are?" Dimitri said as I made the mistake of looking in his eyes.

"Don't look at him Kayla!" Will yelled.

I blinked and realized Dimitri was trying to use his persuasion power on me. I hocked a big loogey as big as I could make it and spat it out on Dimitri's face. He responded by smacking my face. Hatred burned within me for this vampire.

"For that I think your boyfriend will die and his blood is on your hands." Dimitri said walking towards Will as I tried to break loose from my captors.

"No. No!" I yelled as Dimitri sank his fangs deep and hard into Will's neck.

"Kayla...I love you." Will replied before slinking to the ground.

"NO!!" I heard Alex scream.

"Alex, no!" I heard my brother Nate reply and then everything went black.