I Wanna Be Your Dog.

Learning to Fly.

After dinner, Red and Kitty settled on the couch in front of the TV, so Hyde went downstairs to his room. I decided to go take a shower. I felt filthy. Remembering all the things my step father and my mother did to me...it was like reliving my worst nightmare.

In the bathroom, attached to Laurie's bedroom, I turned on the shower and let it run for a little while. When I showered, I loved the bathroom being steamy. That way, I could fully relax and not see my many scars and bruises...

I also picked Laurie's bathroom because the door locked. My step father used to always break open the locks when I was permitted a shower. He would rape me. Any chance he got. Just remembering what he used to do to me makes me cry. Tears silently slid down my cheeks.

As nice as the Forman's are, I still didn't trust anyone...I just couldn't. Reality was actually dawning on me that I could have put myself into an even worse situation. I was now afraid to leave this bathroom. I felt as if the room was closing up on me. It was almost like I had trapped myself once more.

Finally, I gained the courage to get into the shower and try to relax. The smell of the raspberry and kiwi soap was intoxicating; I was immediately reassured that I was safe. Nothing was wrong, and the people here would protect me from Alan and Margot; my step father and mother.

After the shower, I combed my hair and put it into a ponytail. I was also wearing some comfy pajamas that I had found in Laurie's dresser. Everything seemed alright for the night. I couldn't believe that I had actually run away from my parents. It felt so great, yet...

...I guess I was feeling lonely, so I went to go see Hyde. He was in the front room of the basement, watching TV. I looked at him wantonly, knowing that he has been through abuse also. He understands, and I know he doesn't think any lowly of me. He respects me...

...oh, I just love Hyde.

"Can I join you?" I asked, almost shyly.

"Yeah sure! Can you show me how to roll one-handed?"

I smiled at his eagerness to learn something that took me years to master...