Status: Active

Burning Passion (Discontinued))

Wake me up inside.

Breathing heavily, the whites fading from my eyes. Lights fading, voices dimming, eyes closing. I was almost sure I was going to die. And then heat surged through my body. A burning heat I couldn't handle. I thought it was going to burn me inside out, coursing through my veins. Raging in my body, I wanted to tear off my skin. As soon as it started, it was over. The burning sensation was gone, but I felt tingling everywhere like if there were pink scars left from a cut. Slowly opening my eyes, trying to adjust to the bright lights and colors I blinked several times. My arms felt numb, and there was an irrevocable pain in my mouth.

I felt...locked. That was perfect to describe me. I didn't feel alive, but I wasn't quite yet dead either. It was scarcely quiet, until I tried to get up, but my legs got up as soon as I thought it. Like if my mind controlled everything. I stumbled, trying to walk. Tripping on flat surfaces, sounds just like me. I felt myself, but different. A firm hand gripped my arm, and reflexively, I swatted the arm away, and I turned around to look at him. It was an extremely pale man, eyes a hazel pink. He looked in his mid 20's or so. Thin short brown hair curving once they got to his ears.

I tried finding the words to speak, thoughts racing across my mind, so many questions, yet all I could manage was, “Who are you? What have you done to me? Where am I?” As if to answer all my questions he simply spun me around to face a mirror. My usually sheeny black hair was now a vibrant shining black, same length at my shoulders. My soft hazel blue eyes were now a popping reddish-pink. My nose and lips thinned, my arms and chest buffer, and I got a bit taller too. My pale skin just even paler now, only color in my body was my pink chapped lips.

I looked unhealthy. My collar bone looking as if it could snap out of my neck any second. I was still me. Patrick Shane Davis. The 19 year old boy always finding bad luck. I've always been a mysterious and mischievous boy. Always finding bad luck and trouble, never speaking to anyone at school. I was always looked at as the loner. Little did I know, I had another life waiting for me. Looking at myself closer in the mirror, I saw I had some sort of glow around me. Like, if I was something...magical. I turned to the man, spoke slowly “I'm ready for you to tell what happened, and why I'm not dead. I should have died when I got pushed off that building.”

I settled down on the small blue love seat, studying the enormous house. Blues and light greens everywhere, white tiles and walls. A piano by the foot of the stairs. I felt very comfortable, so I kicked off my shoes and focused my attention on the man. He opened his mouth as If to say something, but went quiet again, his eyebrows furrowed and his expression serious, as if thinking deeply. Slowly and seriously, his tone of voice matched his face perfectly, and with stiff lips, he spoke “I am Skyler Summers. I saw you falling off, and I couldn't make it in time. So I waited til after you hit the ground to pick you up and take you here. This is my home in Colorado. You live in Denver, like I do. And please remain calm when I tell you the following....I'm a vampire. You are too, because I bit you to save you from dying...And now unless you're burned alive, or ripped apart by another vampire, you cannot die.” As if expecting it, he quickly ran over to me and caught me as I fell to the floor, all the little color in my face being wiped out as my lips pressed into a tight line and my eyes rolled back.

I felt dizzy, I wanted to close my eyes, I didn't want to process what he had just told me. And all at once, I regained my conscious and sat back up. “You need blood.” He told me flat out. I softly pricked my finger with my new found fang, and licked the sweet fluorescent smell off my finger. It tasted so good. Like scarlet sugar. Only better. It was as if it was sweet nectar from a flower created by something so fragile as a human. It should have been claimed one of the 7 wonders of the world.

My stomach churned, I wanted more. Without even a glance at Skyler's direction I pushed the door open and easily found the woods in walking distance. Smart boy Skyler is. Closing my eyes, and just going with my senses, I walked through the green ferns and sticky mosses. Past trees, flowers, and rocks. Stumbling a few steps, a scent burned through my nose, sticking to my nostrils. Not blood, but life. Animal life. Taking another whiff I managed to find the direction was east, and I started to sprint across the dirt and branches, jumping over rocks from time to time. Ever so gracefully did I land, not even scratching my bare feet. The smell got stronger, so I slowed down taking long subtle strides. In the distance I thought I could make out a deer, and without even a second thought, I pounced and snapped my jaw in it's neck, hitting right where the vein was and wrestling it to the ground, letting my mouth fill up with the sweet antidote to my bloody curse. Temporary antidote that is. I drained the body more than half empty but not completely.

I scouted the woods for a lake or a pond, climbing trees now and then to get a better view. Soon I tried using my senses to sniff one out, and in my amazement it worked. After mere seconds I had ran to a lake nearby. Looking at my reflection in the lake, I felt like a monster. Disappointed in myself and what I had become, I'd kicked the water sending ripples through the image of myself I'd seen in it. Straightening my lips in a line, the taste of blood still on them I cupped water in my hands and splashed it on my face trying to smear the blood off. I was a messy eater, but I had only just started. Tussling my hair a bit and tossing off my blood stained shirt I started walking back towards the house, taking my time to admire my surroundings.

I honestly never knew there was such beautiful woods in chilly Colorado. Feeling the bristles of cold winter air tingling at my spine and biting at the back of my neck I let out a shudder. I started to shake a bit, so I decided to start jogging back. As if knowingly, Skyler was there on the boarder of the woods waiting for me with some of my clothes. How he got them, I don't know. I could care less. I grabbed them from him with an almost smile and headed inside to change, where it was warm. Sliding off the sweatpants I had on I threw on my favorite Never Shout Never band tee and my denim blue skinny's. I hadn't noticed this whole time but the only piercings I had left on were my septum and my double snakebites, while all my others were off and had tiny pink scars where they were before.

Brushing my teeth and splashing water on my face I chucked on my leather boots and threw on my coat. Turning the knob, I was surprised to see 3 other vampires in the living room expectantly waiting for my arrival. Skyler standing next to one of them holding his hand. Puzzled of course, I sat in one of the empty seats next to what looked like a girl a year younger than me or so. She was wearing a black blouse that complimented and curved her in all the right places, flaunting her breasts which were quite large may I add, not to be perverse.

Clearing his throat, Skyler started speaking, this time with a half smile and a lighter, happier tone “This, Patrick, is your new family. Take a look. The black haired young lady next to you is Brooke. She's your sister. This handsome young man right here next to me is Cameron, my husband. That doesn't bother you does it?” He looked at me with calm toned eyes. “No, I'm bisexual.” I said with a grin at the end. “Oh and of course, the young man in the seat across from you is Ryan. He refuses to be related to any of us, so no he is not your brother. But none the less, we still love him.” He looked at me with a grin that quickly disappeared. I hadn't really noticed him until now. His eyes more of a red than anyone else. Black sleek hair covering part of his eye, thin straight nose, pale pink lips. He was rather thin, and very tall. A BMTH band tee, and some black denim skinny's on. He caught me staring, so I turned my head away trying not to show the faint pink in my cheeks.

I heard chuckling but I tried to ignore it knowing it came from him. As if knowing how I felt Skyler told me my bags were unpacked in my room, third door to the left of the stairs. “Ryan, show him around the house will you, but take him to his room first, so he can model it the way he wants.” A huge grin spread across Ryan's face and he roughly took my arm and dragged me upstairs. He picked me up and threw me in my room. “What the hell are you doing!?” I demanded. “Roughening you up, now shut you mouth and bite my neck.” Looking at him with unsteady eyes I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to the floor with me, wrestling to get his shirt off.

Finally he gave in and let me take it off, I brought my lips closer to his neck, instead of biting it, I simply grazed it with my teeth and kissed it. Softly puncturing his skin with my fangs and letting my lips suck up the small supplements of blood pulsing out of his neck. “Get a firmer grip with your lips so the blood doesn't spill everywhere and you don't look like a total mess, and try using your tongue to swallow faster.” I did as he said, and little did I know the sweet scarlet blood was passing right through my throat leaving me wanting more, but I had thought I'd over done it, so I stopped.

“Sorry if I drank too much...” I said, staring at the floor and getting off of him, tossing his shirt to him. “It's fine.” He grinned and tilted his head to the side. Before I knew it the holes were closing up and all that was left were pink crescent scars. I propped up to look around “my” room. It had all my favorite bands posters taped to the walls. Purple bed sheets, over a king sized bed. A huge book case full of CD's. And a small desk with a jar of pencils and pens, a laptop placed charging on top and a stack of paper to the right on top of the printer.

A zebra print rug on the floor, and some bean bag chairs scattered around the room. I was wondering where my dresser was, til Ryan just about read my mind and opened the closet. But, it wasn't a closet, it was a hallway the led to many different closets. One for shoes and belts. Another for accessories and make up. Another for pants, shorts, and swimwear. And finally one for Shirts, Tee,s and coats. It felt like I was in Paris Hilton's house. Fag-ish, I know, but so true. I stepped out to find Ryan sitting on my bed looking at me. “So what now?” I asked him.

He got up and turned around his back facing me. “Well what do you want to do?” He said, focused and grim, but I could tell he was grinning. “Tell me about the others.” I said, laying down with my back facing to ceiling and my head propped up on a pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is crappy but as you get further into the book it gets better I promise :3 I think I have like 8 chapters written out already.