Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

I cleared my throat and stretched to pop my back, sitting in an office chair for three or more hours was painful. I glanced around the room and smiled when I seen Alex, my girlfriend sleeping on the small couch in the corner, beside her was Cory. The assistant from hell better yet to call her, she was very pretty I'll give her that, but she was so annoying and so, sexy it was unnerving. "Alex?" I stood up and walked slowly over to her, I rubbed her stomach and kissed her cheek as she slowly woke.

"What's wrong Brian?" she whispered glancing around, I smiled at her bright baby blues that I've known basically my whole life.

"It’s time to go home, we'll let Matt and Zacky do the rest for today," I whispered as I lifted her up with my hand under her back.

"Oh okay, let me go tell them bye," she whispered as she stood up groggily, I smiled and kissed the back of her blond and pink head of hair before she walked off for the studio room, I cleared my throat and stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"See you tomorrow Brian," Cory spoke up, I glanced down at her and seen that breathtakingly beautiful smile. I nodded fixating my gaze to beside her.

That's it, distract yourself.

"See you tomorrow Cory," I cleared my throat again trying to lose the lump of desire slowly rising, I nodded to her and began to walk out of the room.

“Oh, Brian?”

“Yeah?” I turned around and glanced at her.

“Have a good day,” she smiled warmly and waved.

“You too,” I grinned back and walked outside to the car. Alex was already in the passenger seat, waiting like always.

“So, Mr. Haner,” she looked at me and laughed as I climbed into the car. “What is our agenda for tonight?”

“Dinner and a movie?”

“Sound good,” she nodded and leaned back in her chair, placing her hand on my thigh. And, in the back of my mind…

I wished it was Cory’s. I wished Cory was sitting next to me, thinking about the romantic evening planned out for us.

“Brian?” Alex spoke up after a few moments of silence. “You okay?”

“Oh, yeah,” I nodded. “I’m fine. Just thinking.”

“Okay,” she smiled slightly and closed her eyes.

"Okay," I whispered nodding my head as I started the car and drove home, as I pulled up in the driveway Alex sighed and unbuckled her seat belt and was moving out the door.

I've known Alex my whole life, I love her, I really do. But she's not who I want right now, how pathetic. She really deserves better than me.

I shook off the thought and walked in front of her to open the door, I heard her behind me humming a tune unrecognizable. "What are you singing baby?"

Baby…you sick fuck.

"It’s a plus forty-four song, Lillian I think it’s called," she smiled as she looked up at me, her bright blue eyes shining with admiration.

"What do you want for dinner?" I cleared my throat of the guilt. "Hamburgers or pizza?"

"You pick, I'll go find us a movie," she smiled as she kissed my cheek, turned around and ran for the entertainment system.

Jimmy and Matt would kill me if they found out I wanted Cory and didn't want Alex like I used too, they would kick my ass for using her for my own desires and pleasures. I don't blame them though, I'd kick someone's ass if they did that to her, she was my best friend before we become lovers, and it’s true that's when things get fucked up.

No, scratch that, it got fucked up when Cory showed up.

“What about Death Sentence?” she turned to me and asked.

“Sure,” I nodded and walked off to find the phone to order pizza.

Corinne Marie Iannuzzi. She’s the reason I feel like this. Ever since Mudrock hired her, she’s been my enemy. And my desire.

She walked in the studio, donning her long version of Zack’s old hair. And from that moment, we’ve hated each other. With a passion.

At least that’s what I’d thought.

“What do you want on your pizza?” I called from the kitchen.

“Pepperoni!”

“Alright,” I nodded and dialed the phone.

Cory and I are always fighting. About every stupid little thing. Whether it be where we ordered lunch to the way I had recorded, we always disagreed.

"So Cory what are you doing here?" Alex asked what I was thinking as I walked into the room, I almost groaned as I seen both girls sitting on the couch together.

"Matt said I needed to make sure Brian didn't sneak off with you to some far away country to get out of coming in early tomorrow," she laughed that low laugh that twisted my guts.

"Well you're always welcome, I was just wondering, you snuck up on me," Alex teased as she pushed Cory's arm playfully; Cory laughed as she glanced over at me and smiled.

"You don't mind do you Brian?" she asked softly

Yes I fucking mind, you're making me want to cheat on the sweetest, most caring, most innocent woman in the world.

"Of course not, as Alex said, you're always welcome," I smiled as I sat down in the recliner; I glanced at the TV that was playing trailers of newer movies that were already released in the theaters and sighed.

"Something wrong?" Alex asked softly as she glanced over at me with those soft blue eyes that only showed concern.

Damn I'm a bastard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Also, still looking for pictures of who Cory looks like, so stay tuned!