Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

"Wait one moment," the woman said sweetly, I waited for about five minutes when the phone line picked up.

"Hello?" Cory's weak voice sounded.

"Cory how are you?" I asked softly as I played with the blanket hem that covered me.

"Alex! Oh god you're okay! I was so worried, I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you—"

"I'm fine, apparently I only had a stressed heart, I want you to know I don't hate you, I'm not very happy with your choices at the moment or Brian's—" I stopped and cleared my throat. "But I'll get over it, I want you and Brian to be happy, I love you both."

"Please don't say that," she cried. "I've fucked up so bad, I can't possibly deserve your forgiveness, I just want to say that Brian does love you," she whispered. "He was upset that he was doing this to you, but he didn't want to break your heart by leaving you."

"Yes well," I looked at the ceiling. "He succeeded in straining it to almost having a heart attack, but hey life goes on. I just say it was his loss and that I'm willing to let it go, forgive but I won't forget it."

“I wish I could see you guys right now,” She said softly. “But I’m not sure I’ll make it through the call. twenty three anti-depressants really takes a toll on a girl.”

“Now’s not the time for joking,” I laughed slightly.

“Sorry,” She apologized in a raspy tone. “Oh, can you tell Zack I said thank you? He’s the reason I’m not dead at the office…”

“Zacky,” I put the phone down for a moment. “Corrine says thank you.”

“Tell her I said no problem,” He smiled as I put the phone back up to my ear.

“He says no problem.”

“Love that boy,” She laughed slowly. “Is Brian in there?”

“No,” I said.

“Oh,” She mumbled softly. “That man…”

"Cory," I whispered looking at the blanket that covered my body.

"Yeah?" she whispered back.

"I didn't know how to tell Brian, so I'll tell you so you can, you know tell him," I started but stopped.

"What is it?"

"I'm pregnant," I licked my lips as I seen every one of the guys face's drain of all color, staring at me like I just broke into a million pieces. "I found out a couple weeks ago."

"Oh," she whispered

"I uh," I bit my lip tilting my head to the side as Matt crawled up in bed with me and pulled me to his chest, I closed my eyes to keep from crying. "I don't want anything from him, I just want him to be happy, and I can do this on my own."

"No you can't, and no you won't," Cory said sternly. "I'll help you, Brian will also."

"I don't want to see him, I may have forgiven you but he lied to my face…no he lied to me when he knew deep in his heart there was only one person for him, but he drug me along like a puppet."

"Oh Alex—"

"I have to go Cory, rest okay?"

“How can I rest at a time like this? I need to see my boys! I need to see you!” She insisted, laughing. “Owww, bad idea…”

“Don’t kill yourself, okay?” I giggled. “Just, for now, rest. We’ll all come visit you soon.”

“You better,” She said softly as a nurse hung up the phone.

“She wants to see you guys,” I explained. “We’ll all go see her soon.”

-----Brian-----

“Can I see Corrine Iannuzzi, please?” I leaned against the counter and sighed.

“She’s in critical care, only family is allowed to see her,” The secretary explained.

“I’m her boyfriend.”

I guess…

“Alright,” She said softly. “Just say you’re her brother, just because I know how you feel.”

“Thank you,” I nodded as she led me into the ICU and into Cory’s room.

“Corrine?” I walked into the room and saw her, her eye’s lighting up.

“Brian,” She smiled weakly. “Sit down on the bed. We need to talk.”

This can’t be good…

“Okay,” I sat down at her side and grabbed her hand softly.

“Brian,” She took a deep breath. “I’m just transferring this message from Alex.”

“And?”

“She’s pregnant.”

Ever felt like all the wind is knocked out of you and you're falling thirty stories from a tall building, well that's how I just felt. "She's pregnant?"

"Yeah, she found out a few weeks ago," Cory whispered as she looked up at me. "She said that she wants nothing from you, she wants you and me to be happy that she can do this on her own."

"No she can't," I whispered as I looked down at my hands. "Oh man Cory."

"She nearly had a heart attack Brian, because of you and me. She wouldn't let me apologize, she just told me she forgave me, why would she do that?" the tears in her eyes showed her guilt.

"She loves us," I nearly sobbed. "She wants us happy, even if that means letting her come into pain herself."

“Life’s not fair, Brian,” Cory cried. “And it’s my fault.”

“And mine, to an extent,” I sighed and stood up. “I have to go visit her.”

“Brian, are you crazy? They won’t let you anywhere near her!”

“I have to try,” I insisted and walked out of the room, heading back for Alex’s.

"You come in this room and I will officially cut you're nuts off," Matt shut the door behind him as he crossed his arms in front of me.

"I have to see her," I explained with a sigh. "She didn't tell me."

"Do you blame her?"

"Yes I do, she knew before all of this, we're having a baby."

"You know, you just keep giving me of reasons to commit homicide, Brian if you come anywhere near her and I will hurt you, not only did you nearly kill her but you cheated on her, got her pregnant too, she doesn't want to see you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh shit..

Comment

Image