Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

“You know, Corrine,” I began. “You could have a baby. It’s not like you couldn’t.

Cory bit her lip and sat up straight. "Brian, do you even care? I mean you act like such a dick to Alex now! When you're around her you act like you love her, like you should! But when you're not you almost seem to backstab her, saying I could have a baby, I don't want to have a baby just because she's having one with you, that's not it, I'm jealous because she was having a baby with someone she loved and thought would be there for her," she narrowed her eyes. "But she was wrong wasn't she?"

"Cory—"

"No, you know what Brian?” She growled. “I can’t deal with this right now.”

“Cory! Wait!” I screamed as she jumped out of the car and stormed back into the hospital.

-----Alex-----

“Just sleep, okay?” Matt looked down to me and smiled.

“Okay,” I nodded and closed my eyes, but they shot open when I heard stomping and sobs.

“Cory?” Zacky looked up to her, worried. She simply stood there for a few seconds before dropping to her knees and sobbing.

"Shit what did he do now?" I asked as I sat up and stared at Cory who was being picked up by Zacky.

"He's so insensitive, he acts like he doesn't even care about anything, any of us Alex," she sobbed wiping her eyes. "I don't know what to do."

"My God it’s a Mexican soap opera," I whispered.

"Don’t cry, Cory,” Zacky said softly as sat her in his lap.

“He’s just-“ She choked frustrated. “Gah.”

“Just calm down,” He insisted and rubbed her cheek.

“Alright,” She nodded and looked at me. “It’s like he could give a shit about any of us. It just aggravates me.”

"What did he do?" I asked as Matt rubbed my back, his way of saying don't stress what ever you do.

"I said I was jealous of you, yes I am but you know that, and he's like practically telling me lets have a kid in so many words," she rolled her eyes and sobbed again. "Fucking asshole."

"He did what?" I asked blinking slowly as Matt gripped my arms; I bit my lip and shook my head. "I won't stress, I'm just going to run him over with my car, then back up and do it again."

"This is just too much right now,” She shook her head and laid it on Zacky’s shoulder. “Love you guys, night.”

“Night,” I smiled as she closed her eyes and sighed. Soon after I looked up to Matt. “You think Brian’s okay?”

"You know I love that boy like a brother Alex, but right now I could give a damn," Matt shook his head and sighed. "Probably soaking up his problems in a jack."

"So stupid," I mumbled shaking my head. "I swear, men…no offense."

"None taken, things like what's happening give guys a bad name period."

"Men are just trouble,” Cory mumbled and waved her hand at me. “I swear, me and you should just get hitched, Alex. No more men for us.”

“That may work, Cory,” I laughed jokingly, making her giggle. "But I'm not gay so there may be a problem."

"We can make it work, just live together and go to the gay bar every night," she joked as she waved her arm around. "Drinks on everyone, but it means one of the guys has to kiss me!"

"You wouldn't want to kiss any gay guy working at a club, have no clue where his mouth has been," I laughed

"Oh,” She stuck out her tongue. “Your right. Besides, I’d much rather kiss Zack,” She looked up to him and grinned playfully.

“No.”

“Why not?” She frowned.

"Who knows where you're mouth has been," He laughed but shook his head. "Kidding, and besides I'm laying low on the drama right now, there is enough to go around."

"Thank you Zacky, I really do love you," I mouthed I love you dramatically and patted my chest gently.

"Sure you do,” She glared at me before closing her eyes again.

“I do,” I insisted and looked up to Matt with a shrug. "What? I love all you guys."

"Okay, I'll say something and hope I don't get hit," he grinned nervously at Zacky, who winked.

"Did you two go gay?" I asked in surprise, which made Cory jump from Zacky and fall to the floor on her back.

"Ow," she whined as Zacky reached down and helped her back up.

"No, no I'm not gay," Matt shook his head frantically. "I was going to tell you the other day, but everything got…really damn dramatic so here before it kills me, I like you a lot Alex, I have for a long time and I wanted to know maybe if we could give it a shot."

"Uh,” I sat in silence for a moment.

“Well?” Cory looked at me with wide eyes.

“Why not,” I shrugged and smiled.

"Why not sounds like a I don't really want to to me," Matt sighed as he kissed my forehead. "You don't have too."

"Matt, I know that, and I want to try but you have to remember I just broke up with my cheating ex boyfriend whom I love, and I'm pregnant, I don't think you would want me come three months."

"I do,” He insisted. “I really do.”

“Alright,” I shrugged.

“Awww,” Cory was grinned widely and giggling. “Love!”

"Do you mind?" I glared at her, which only got a giggle out of her before she turned around and made Zacky turn his head away. "You don't mind?"

"I really don't, I've liked you for so long, actually loved you," he blushed slightly as he licked his lips. "But yeah, that's why I've always been so protective of you, Brian fucked up and I couldn't stand it, it took so much not to beat his head in when I found out what he done."

"This is a lot to take in right now,” I took a deep breath. “I’m gonna sleep.”

“Okay,” Matt smiled and kissed my forehead as I closed my eyes.

-----Brian-----

Fuck, fuck…fuck! I fucked up.

I slowly leaned back against the sofa in my living room listening to the silence surrounding the house, no laughter from Alex. No jokes from Cory, no happiness from the guys or the disturbing humor that always managed to choke a laugh from anyone. No, it was just me.

Alone…

And probably forever because I'm such a fucking fuck up.

Just fucking perfect,” I sighed and looked at the phone that was ringing.

Baby<333

I sighed and picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Brian,” Cory said softly on the other line. “Just calling to see how you were and say goodnight.”

“Why?” I growled. “You just up and left earlier.”

“Brian,” She sighed. “I just got angry. Frustrated. Confused.”

“About?”

“Having a baby,” She explained. “I’ll think about it tonight. You should, too.”

"Why should I if you'll just run out on me?" I snapped, big mistake.

"Excuse me? I'm sorry! But did you realize how insensitive you are? I mean come on Brian, having a child with me just after you found out Alex is pregnant, what are you going to do? Leave her all alone so you can fuck me and run when I'm pregnant? Brian she's scared shitless, I can tell. She doesn't want anyone to know but she's scared because she's alone by herself and has no one to tell her its alright baby, we'll make it, so you know what, Matt stepped up and he's taking her in!" she hung up the phone.

"Oh fuck,” I called her back.

No answer.

“Hey,” Her answering machine began. “It’s Cory! Probably with the guys. Here comes the beep, hope you know what to do with it!”

“Cory, please,” I cried. “I’m sorry. Please just call back.”

I hung up the phone and cried myself to sleep, I tried not to but damned if I did anyway, life can get fucked up with just a few mistakes. Its slightly ironic.

-----Alex-----

I glanced down at Matt as I stood quietly, I looked up at the sleeping Cory and Zacky, then to Jimmy and Johnny who were snoring so loud that an elephant could go by and no one would ever know. I paused outside the open door and glanced once more before I shut it and made my way from the hospital.

Walking down the sidewalk was different without shoes, felt like walking on wet carpet, slightly weird as hell but it was amusing the thoughts I refused to let surface and make me cry. I held my arms out straight to my sides and balanced myself as I walked the curb. I hummed a few notes to an unwritten song as I walked the path all the way into town, where I met a pair of familiar eyes. "What the hell? Alex?" Benji Madden walked over, well more like ran as he seen me in a hospital gown. "Why are you dressed like that? And barefoot? And in town at three in the morning!"

"It’s a long story,” I sighed. “Would you like me to explain?”

“That would be nice,” He nodded.

“Let me try and shorten it,” I took a deep breath. “You know Corrine right?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, well her and Brian fell in love and had an affair while Brian and I were still dating. I found out and almost had a heart attack, making Cory worry and try to kill herself. Luckily her and I were fine but Brian’s been emotionally hurt in the process. And it turns out I’m pregnant with his kid. Oh! And Matt said he loved me!”

“Uh,” He looked at me with wide eyes. “Wow.”

"Yeah, so this is my time alone, away from," I waved my hand behind me. "That soap opera worthy shit that I call my life, I want to be away from it for awhile."

"Do you want me to at least buy you some shoes?" he asked slightly nervous. "Or you know, pants and a shirt?"

"What difference will it make, Matt or Cory will wake up and freak out, send out a search party, cuss me out when they find out I'm okay because I've stressed them, or you know, Cory could go and try to kill herself again for some weird ass reason," I shrugged my shoulders carelessly. "I'm about ready to say fuck it and move to Mexico."

"I'll buy you a condo and send in food every month," he joked as he put his arm around my shoulders. "Where do you want to go? I'm not leaving you alone now."

"Well, one, answer me why you're here at three was it?" I asked then shrugged. "Whatever."

"I was out partying, got left behind by Joel and the guys, so I decided to walk around, lucky me found you all…weirding out on the corner."

"Let's face it, standing on a corner balancing myself on a curb isn't the strangest thing you've found me doing," I raised my eyebrows.

"That’s true,” He nodded. “But remember, there’s no backs on hospital gowns.”

“Oh shit,” I blushed. “So my ass is hanging out?”

“Pretty much,” He laughed slightly.

"Ah fuck it, I've had a bad day, maybe I can give an old guy a boner and my good deed of the day will be done," I shrugged with a sigh.

"Oh man I can so see that," Benji started laughing as he pointed to the store. "I'll be right back with a pair of sweatpants, shoes and a huge hoodie.

"I'll be dancing on the curb if you need me," I said as I walked away.

"You're flashing."

"You're watching," I shouted back as he ran across the street laughing.

-----Cory-----

“Zacky,” I mumbled, pulling at his hand.

“What?”

“Your arm is crushing my waist,” I yawned.

“Oh,” He moved it away as I opened my eyes and looked at the bed.

“Oh fuck,” I said softly. “Where is Alex?”

“What?!” Zacky shot awake, making everyone else stir.

“What’s with all the noise?” Matt cracked his eyes open the noticed Alex was gone. His eyes went wide and he jumped up. “Where the fuck is Alex?!”

"I don't know, I just woke up," I said as I stood up and looked around, I opened the door and walked up to the nurses station. "Have you seen Alex Dallas?"

"Alexandria Dallas should be in her room, is she not?"

"I haven't check," I lied with a smile as I walked back to Zacky and Matt who were at the front of the door. "She hasn't left according to the nurses."

"Fuck," Matt rubbed his head.

"She probably went out to take a breather," Jimmy yawned as he stood up. "You guys she doesn't handle stress good, so she walks when she's upset." When everyone looked at him he glanced down at himself then back, "What you didn't know?"

"No."

"Oh," he shrugged at everyone response. "I did."

"Then help us find her!” I screamed as we all ran out of the hospital and down the street.

“Now,” Zack began. “Before we go crazy, let’s think like Alex. Where would you go at three in the morning?”

“A strip club?” Jimmy suggested.

“I said Alex!”

"Oh, right," he nodded frantically and sighed. "I would go to the park."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

comment