Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

"The park!" Zacky nodded and went running towards the park.

"Or?" Matt asked

"The zoo, she loves the animal sounds when they are sleeping, she sometimes stands outside the gates to listen," Jimmy nodded as Matt went off towards the city zoo.

"Or?" Johnny asked

"Chrysler building in New York," Jimmy said seriously, which Johnny swiped off his face with a slap. "Fine, fine she goes to the pier."

"And?" I asked

"Town and I'll check our houses," he nodded as he ran off the opposite way.

"Too many places!” I yelled Johnny and I ran off to our houses.

“So,” I sighed as him and I sat on Zack’s front lawn. “We’ve checked all the houses but Brian’s, Zack checked the park, Matt checked the zoo, Jimmy checked the pier, and no one found her.”

“Exactly,” Johnny nodded, making me fall over on him.

“It’s hopeless,” I huffed. “Who knows where the hell she went.”

Suddenly my phone began ringing.

“Who is it?”

‘I’ll check,” I picked it up. “Hello?”

“Hey, Cory,” It was Benji.

“Benji! Do you know where Alex is?”

“At my house.”

"Oh thank god,” I held my hand over my heart. “We’ll be there soon.”

“Alright,” He said and hung up the phone.

“So?” Johnny looked at me with wide eyes.

“Benji fucking Madden’s house.”

"How the fuck?" I asked as he turned to the road, where Matt was walking up with worried eyes. "She's at Benji Madden's."

"Benji? Why the hell is she at Benji's?" he asked wide eyed as he helped me up and stared at Johnny.

"Don't know, don't care as of now, we just need to go check on her," Johnny demanded

"Yeah,” I nodded in agreement. “Let’s go.”

-----Alex-----

“Why would you tell them?” I looked at Benji and sighed. “I was trying to escape them.”

"They would worry," Benji sighed as he watched me jump up and down on his bed. "Babe stop that, you just got out of the hospital."

"Let me enjoy it while I can, I'll be pregnant for nine months," I glared as the doorbell rang. "And then deaths door was knocked upon…"

"No,” He shook his head. “Benji’s door,” He stood up and opened it, Cory and Matt falling inside and hugging me.

“Don’t do that!” Cory scolded. “We almost had a heart attack!”

"I try to get away for an hour and I get tracked down by the human bloodhounds," I rolled my eyes playfully. "Least I feel loved."

"I swear to god if you scare me again like you have today I will chain you to the bed and not let you up unless you have to pee!" Matt shouted then hugged me again.

"That sounds like bestiality,” Benji laughed. “Chaining her to a bed.”

“Shut up,” Matt sighed and kissed my face all over.

"Matt, can't breathe," I pulled away and gasped. "Damn it man, you just discover I'm alive then you go and try to kill me?"

"I'm sorry," he flinched and shrugged. "I was worried."

"Matt, I'm fine."

"Okay,” he sighed and fell on the bed. “You had us all stressed, though.”

“I’m sorry,” I said softly. “I just had to get away for a little.”

“Next time, just tell us,” Cory insisted.

"And you wouldn't have let me leave," I added as I glanced at her. "Now would you have?"

"No," she mumbled sitting down on Johnny. "I wouldn't have."

"See, that's why I didn't bother to tell you, so where all did you look for me?" I grinned at everyone.

"Oh shit! Jimmy!" Zacky yelled, he wasn't in the room.

"You forgot him?" I sighed as I shook my head. "Men."

"Whoops,” Cory laughed slightly. “Forgot ‘em.”

“Nice,” I smirked as he ran into the room and hugged me.

“Why did you leave, damn it?” He scolded. “You had me worried sick!”

"I'm sorry but seriously would have you let me leave if I said I wanted some air?" I asked, he sighed and shook his head in defeat. "Then duh."

"I love you girlie, I don't want you hurt because you went stupid for an hour," he pouted his lips.

"Fine,” I sighed, Cory’s phone going off.

“It’s Brian,” She said softly. “Should I pick it up?”

“Go ahead,” I nodded as he held the phone up to her ear.

"Alright," she mumbled and pushed talk. "Hello?"

"So on other short news, the nurses at the hospital think your still there, you did a good job at avoiding people," Matt chuckled

"It was fun acting like a spy, I was humming mission impossible all the way out to the parking lot, then it lost its vibe and I picked up on show tunes."

"Sounds like you."

"Wow,” My eyes went wide and I looked over to Cory, who was rubbing her head.

“Yes, Brian, I know you’re sorry,” She nodded.

"Brian, yay now everyone I'm trying to avoid," I said sarcastically as I fell back on the bed and covered my head with my arms. "I hate you Benji."

"Well I love you anyways," Benji chuckled as he walked out the door. "Anyone hungry?"

"Its three dude," Johnny said in shock as he stood up to follow him. "In the morning."

"So?” Benji shrugged. “I’ll just make whatever.”

“Okay,” I nodded as he disappeared into the kitchen.

“Brian,” Cory mumbled into her hand as I leaned over and rubbed her back. “I know, I know.”

“Just don’t bother with him, babe,” I said softly as she sighed at me.

"I love him," she whispered as she covered the phone, I sighed and grabbed the phone from him.

"Brian," I said sternly as I held her back with my feet in her stomach as she tried to reach for the phone.

"Alex? What's wrong?" he asked slightly worried, which shocked me a little.

"Why do you do this to us Brian, you can't just keep playing with our emotions. Cory has her own life to live and you can't keep making stupid mistakes that effect her. As for me, well you seen how that was handled, stop saying shit to be so insensitive to Cory and to me. And if you don't want this baby, that's fine because I can handle it myself and I don't need you're help," I hung up the phone.

"Oh boy,” Cory dropped her head into my feet and huffed. “Can I cry?”

“Go ahead, let it out,” I nodded as she began sobbing.

“Why does he have to be like that?” She cried. “I love him so much and it’s like he doesn’t even care. About any of us.”

"He does care, in his own little way I promise you," I started as I hugged her. "He has a weird way of showing it."

"But he's so…" she shook her head.

"I know, trust me I know," I sighed as I rubbed her back more. "I'm going to quote a line from Batman Begins to you, why do we fall Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up."

“Wow,” She laughed through the tears and looked at me. “You’re such a nerd.”

“You love me,” I insisted.

“Yeah.”

"Aw," I jabbed Matt is the side with my pointer finger and then nodded towards Cory. "She loves me Mattie, that means you lost me bud."

"You turned gay on me now?" he asked in surprise. "Damn this day just keeps getting better and better."

"We did talk about getting married and going to the gay clubs for men to get our action on, we raise a baby as best friends and we rid ourselves of men and they're problems."

“That would be perfect,” Cory nodded and giggled. “But we’d miss the boys too much, and you know it.”

“Yeah,” I sighed. “I love you guys too much to leave you.”

“And we love you, too,” Johnny said, everyone grinning as Benji walked back out of the kitchen.

"So much," Matt tackled me to the bed and kissed all over my face, very sloppily as Jimmy and Zacky joined the fun.

"Ah guys stop!" I screamed as they continued to kiss all over or tickle my sides. "Stop! I'm dying here!" they all froze and looked at me worried. "Oh, I mean uh…figuratively."

"Oh,” They all nodded and continued attacking me. Soon, Cory was up and attempting to kiss my forehead as Matt pulled me close to him, Zack kept poking my belly button and Jimmy was being Jimmy.

“Guys,” I yawned. “I’m tired…”

“Okay,” Matt sighed as he pushed everyone off me. “Go to sleep.”

"Well that was amusing," Benji snacked on a piece of cake in his hands. "Looked rather weird though."

"You're weird," I mumbled as Matt curled up to me and brought me to his chest, then Zacky laid his head on my hip and tried to sleep awkwardly falling off the end of the bed. "And everyone else for that matter.

"Whatever,” Cory mumbled and sprawled out on Zacky, yawning. “Nighty night.”

“Night,” I mumbled and nodded off to sleep.

I don't know how long I was asleep but the next thing I know, I hear Sweet dreams are made of this— being sung over and over near my head. I opened my eyes and glanced down at Matt's cell that was in his pocket nearly falling out, flipping it open I sighed. "Hello?"

"Alex?" Brian's soft and horrible sounding voice came through the speaker.

"What do you want Brian," I sighed heavily as I kept my head on Matt's shoulder.

"Please let me explain," he whispered

"Explain it tomorrow, I'm sleeping rather good right now," I clicked the button off and pushed Matt's cell back in his pocket as I curled as close as I could to Matt, he reacted by moaning softly in his sleep and tightening his arm around me.

"Alex?” Cory lifted her head up slightly. “What’s going on?”

“Brian called Matt,” I explained. “I picked up, but didn’t feel like dealing with it, so I hung up.”

“Oh,” Cory’s cell phone began blaring Walk as she pulled it out of her pocket. “It’s him.”

“What are you gonna do?” I asked softly.

She sighed and sat her cell down. "Nothing, I'm not answering it right now," she whispered and laid her head back down on Zacky's chest. "Night Alex."

"Goodnight Cory," I whispered as I turned back around and laid my head on Matt's arm again, I kissed it a second and whispered. "Thank you for being here for me Mattie, I love you."

"You're welcome," he surprised me when he responded with his eyes closed. “I love you, too.”

“Zack, stop moving around,” Cory mumbled as Zacky fidgeted around.

“I can’t help it,” He whined. “Alex kicked my head all night.”

“Sorry,” I cracked my eyes opened slightly and ran my fingers through his hair.

“It’s fine,” He sighed and looked down to Cory, who was clutching onto his waist. “Comfy?”

“Yes,” She nodded. “You were very comfy, thank you very much. Best sleep I’ve gotten in weeks.”

”Zacky is very comfy, I slept on him a month ago at the studio and I didn't even toss or turn, it was like sleeping on a cloud," I smiled as I patted Zacky's head. "He's a good pillow."

"Why thanks," Zacky said sarcastically as Cory giggled and Matt laughed.

"Wake up guys," Benji walked in the room in different clothes and with wet hair. "Brian found out where you are and he's on the lawn cussing, screaming and well pacing."

"That mother—" Matt covered my mouth and Cory rolled her eyes in exhaustion.

"I'll take care of this," Matt said as he patted my thigh and then looked at Cory. "Both of you stay in here, Zacky make sure they stay in here."

"Yes, sir!” Zacky saluted Matt as he got up and walked out of the room.

“So,” Cory smirked at Zacky.

“What?” He asked. “I don’t like that smile.”

“You shouldn’t,” She shook her head.

-----Matt-----

I slammed the door and walked across the damp grass barefoot and with only black shorts on to Brian. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I snapped as I pushed his shoulder. "Do you know how much shit you're causing Brian, do you?"

"Yes I fucking know how much fucking shit I'm causing, I fucking know I'm a scumbag and that I don't deserve either one and I admit that, I just have to make sure they know that I love them both and that I'll always be there for them okay!" Brian shouted pushing me back.

"Yes, that’s fine and all,” I sighed and calmed down slightly. “But does that mean you’re done with them?”

“What?”

“You’re treating them like shit,” I explained. “First it was Alex you were treating bad, but now it’s Cory. Alex may have us to really lean on, but Cory doesn’t. And she loves you so much, even as you were yelling at her on the phone last night. You’re not just hurting Alex, now, man…”

"I don't know what to do Matt," Brian looked ready to break down. "I love Cory so much but I feel so guilty about Alex that I can't look at Cory without wanting to cry."

"You done that to yourself man, why are you taking it out on Cory?" I asked as I looked at the door, where Alex was standing beside Benji and leaning against Jimmy. "Alex accepts you fucked up man, she was willing to forgive you until you treated them lower than dirt."

"This is just too much to talk about right now,” Brian shook his head. “Can I just see them?”

“I don’t know if I can let you,” I stepped in front of him, making him grunt.

“Matt, move,” Brian demanded. “I want to fucking see them.”

“I’m not letting you.”

“Fucking move!”

I leaned down to where I was a few inches away and smiled. "Fucking make me Haner."

He stepped back and threw a punch that landed in the side of my jaw, I stumbled to the side a little as he stalked off towards the house. I collected my bearings and walked over the three steps and grabbed the back of his shirt and whirled him around, connecting my fist with his lips. "Fuck!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image