Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

“Brian,” She looked away as Zacky pulled her close to him.

“So Alex isn’t the only one fucking my best friends?” I snarled. “Figures it’d be you cheating on me. You were the whore.”

She turned to face me, teary eyed.

“Actually, Brian, I didn’t do anything with Zacky!” She cried. “I didn’t want to! I loved you, Brian! I fucking loved you! I didn’t fucking do anything because I was hoping you’d come to your senses and we could still be together… Obviously that’s not going to happen…”

“Oh, Cory, I-“

“No,” She glared at me. “I just saw what you actually think of me. The whore. Fuck you too, Brian.”

“Cory-“

“Save it,” She wiped away tears and buried her face into Zack’s neck.

"You could have avoided this all Brian, all of it If you would have just told Alex like you should have," Jimmy shook his head and glared at me. "You really surprised me, I thought better of you."

"I did too," I whispered backing up. "You know what, I'm sorry you guys. Don't even forgive me because I've fucked up to much."

"We're not, at least not for a while man," Matt said softly as he walked from the grass to the car so he could pull Alex into his arms while she cried, a shoulder to cry on.

I used to be that shoulder.

"Alex, Cory," I started as I walked backwards. "I'm sorry I messed up, and I want you both to know I do love you, but I will never be in love with you again."

"Oh god!” Cory screamed and dropped to her knees.

“Cory, babe, get up,” Zacky kneeled down and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“I’ll just go…” I said and walked away, listing to Alex cry and Cory scream.

----Alex-----

"Matt," I cried as I hugged his arm to my chest, while he rubbed my back and laid his head on top of mine. "This is so fucked up."

"I know it is," he cooed as he kissed my head. "It's alright baby, its fine."

"No its not Matt, Cory still loves him and yet she doesn't know what to do, and I want my best friend back, not the guy I dated because I'm over that, I just want Brian the nice guy back."

"I do, too,” Matt said softly. “We all do.”

“Yeah,” I sighed and looked over to Cory, who was on the ground sobbing hysterically and uncontrollably.

“I fucking love him!”

“Oh Cory,” I stood up and walked over to her, standing next to her head. “Cory…”

"What?" she cried

"You don't deserve this, none of us do."

"But I love him Alex, I don't want to because I hate him, but I love him," she cried more as she looked up at me. “I love him…”

“I know you do, sweetie,” I crouched down and pushed hair out of her face. “But crying your eyes out on the ground isn’t going to change anything.”

“You right,” She sighed and stood up slowly. “I just don’t know what to do anymore…”

"Me either, he's confusing the fuck out of me," I grumbled as I handed her over to Zacky. "I'm going home and sleeping off my confusion, I suggest you do the same. Matt please take me home now."

"Alright baby, come on and get in the car," he whispered as he opened the door.

"Okay,” I nodded and climbed into the back seat, sprawled out as Zacky picked Cory up.

“Sleep well, Alex,” She waved slightly at me as they walked by.

“You too babe,” I smiled at her before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

-----Matt-----

I didn't sleep all night, I watched Alex till dawn and then decided I should cook her some breakfast, she deserves it so much. I sighed and stirred the almost done eggs around as I felt two tiny arms wrap around my waist. "Good morning," Alex whispered.

"Good morning mama," I grinned as she giggled

"I like the sound of that; I can't wait to tell my parents."

"What are you going to tell them exactly?" I asked as I moved the eggs off the hot eye.

"I'll tell them that Brian and I broke up a while ago and I started dating you, and you're the father of my child," I smiled at her words and turned around.

"I love you."

"You too,” She nodded as the phone rang. “Should I get it?”

“Who is it?” I asked as she walked over to the phone and checked the caller ID.

Corinne.

“I’ll pick it up,” She put the phone on speaker to hear screams and cries. “Cory?”

“Oh god, Alex!” Cory sobbed, Zacky comforting her in the background. “Oh my fucking god!”

“What?! What’s wrong?!” Alex asked scared.

“I think I missed my period!”

I swear Alex's eyes couldn't have gotten any wider as she glanced at me. "My god…"

"I'm scared Alex," Cory cried as Zacky slowly asked to have the phone. "Zacky wants to talk to you."

"Okay honey, let me talk to him," Alex whispered.

"Lexi?" Zacky asked to confirm.

"Yeah Zacky," she whispered as she sat down on the table chair. "Is it true?"

"Yeah babe," Zacky sighed. "I'm going to kill Brian, I've already gotten the plan laid out, Jimmy's suggested we do it at nig—"

"Don't be stupid," Alex grumbled.

"But what if she did?” He asked slowly, fear in his voice. “What if she is pregnant?”

“It’s all up to her,” I said softly, Cory heaving in the background.

“I just don’t want her hurt,” Zack sniffed. “I love her and would hate to see Brian hurt her again.”

“We all love her-“

“No,” He insisted. “I love her.”

“Oh,” Alex smiled slightly. “She probably won’t stay with Brian. You’d be the dad, I think.”

“Do you?” He must have been smiling. “I’d love to, but I’m scared to ask her right now, she might fly off the handle.”

"Yeah maybe wait until the fear and shock goes away Zacky, it'll be okay alright?" I said as I moved the eggs to the table and got the toast from the toaster out.

"Alright, I'll talk to you guys later, I have to go get Cory, she's crying again."

"Bye Zacky, I love you," Alex whispered sympathetically.

"I love you to Alex, you be good okay? Matt make sure she doesn't go missing again, please for the love of God?"

"I'll make sure Zack," I laughed

"Good,” He said. “Cory, baby, please don’t cry.”

“Good luck,” Alex hung up the phone and looked at me. “Well, Brian will get what he wants.”

“Sort of,” I added. “I mean, I’m sure he’d want to be the father. To be with Cory. But it seems he’s fucked that up with both of you, and Zack and me just sort of took his place.”

"Nah you got your own spot Mattie," Alex grinned and kissed my cheek before she started scooping eggs on her plate.

"Whoa little piggy," I laughed

"Hey, I'm eating for two," she said with a mouth full. "So shut up."

"Well, you need to save some for me piglet or else I have to cook more," I laughed more when she blushed pink.

"Sorry Matt," she swallowed what she had in her mouth and put the spoon down.

"It’s fine,” I laughed, someone banging on the door. “Hundred bucks says it’s Jimmy.”

“A thousand that it’s Brian,” Alex mumbled with a full mouth as I stood up from the table. They hit the door again.

“Calm the fuck down!” I yelled and threw the door open. "We lost! It's Johnny!"

"He was my second guess!" Alex shouted as Johnny ran through the room and slid in the kitchen. "Well hello fellow gnome."

"Brian is fucking threatening to kill himself and I don't know what to do!"

"Well this has been one hell of a morning," I mumbled as Alex's mouth dropped open. "Baby chew you're food or it'll fall out."

"Tell Cory to tell him the fantastic news,” Alex wiped her mouth. “Cause now he might have two kids on the way.”

“What?!” Johnny asked in shock.

“Oh yeah,” I nodded. “Cory missed her period and thinks she might be pregnant.”

"Well Jimmy's going to be ecstatic," Johnny said sarcastically as he walked away from the kitchen past me. "See ya Matt."

"Later Johnny," I chuckled, poor guy had to be the bearer of bad news all the time.

"Think he'll do it?" Alex asked with another mouth full.

"Nah, people who want to kill themselves don't tell people they want to, they just want attention," I mumbled

"So basically it’s a cry for attention?” Alex pondered. “Like a child?”

“Yeah, basically,” I nodded, Alex sighing.

“The man dug his own grave.”

"Let him try it out for awhile, then we'll swoop in and save his dumb ass," I grumbled as I ate a fork full of eggs.

"As always," Alex sighed and stood up. "I'll be right back, I need to shower."

"You smell good," I smiled, then smirked. "Can I join you?"

Well,” She looked away.

“Please?”

“Fine,” She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the bathroom.

----Johnny-----

"Jimmy!" I shouted as I walked in his house, I found the bum sleeping on the couch in his clothes. "Hey lurch get up."

"Fuck off shorty," he grumbled against the cushion.

"We have some things to talk about," I stopped, that sounded gay. "Well I have some things to tell you, about Alex, Cory and Brian."

"What?" he jumped up wiping his face.

"Cory might be pregnant.”

“What?!” Jimmy grabbed the phone and angrily dialed, putting it on speaker.

“Hello?” Zacky picked up Cory’s cell.

“Zack, what the hell? This is Cory’s phone,” Jimmy growled.

“She’s too fucked up to talk right now,” He explained. “What did you need?”

“Is she really pregnant?”

“We’re not positive,” Zack said softly. “But there’s a good chance.”

"Mother fucker!" he yelled and threw the phone at the wall, shattering it into tiny little pieces that littered all around his coffee table.

"I'm not cleaning that," I mumbled as he punched the shit out of his pillow. "Dude calm down, and let's go over to Matt's house."

"What about Alex and Brian, you said Alex and Brian," he grumbled

"Oh, Alex is—well I don't know, but Brian is threatening to off himself now."

"Let him, better that I won't get thrown in jail for it," Jimmy mumbled darkly.

"We can’t let him!”

“But we will,” Jimmy glared at me. “Why stop the inevitable? He’ll do it no matter what we do. I think the most important thing for me right now is Alex and Cory.”

"You're sick dude," I mumbled as he stood up.

"Not sick, just hopeful," he grinned then frowned. "Yeah I'm sick."

"He's our friend no matter what Jimmy; we have to find a way to make him realize what the hell he's done without making him want to end it all even more."

"I guess,” Jimmy sighed as my phone rang. I quickly put it to my ear. “Hello?”

“Johnny?” It was Cory. “What’s going on?”

“Brian wants to kill himself.”

“Oh fuck…” She said softly. “I’m going over, he has to know about the baby.”

“Are you crazy?” I yelled. “He might flip!”

“He wanted a kid with me, that’s what he’ll get,” She moved around. “Zacky, take me to Brian’s now. Johnny, I’ll meet you and Jimmy there. Alright?”

“Alright,” I nodded and hung up the phone.

“What?” Jimmy looked at me.

“Cory’s going to Brian’s,” I explained. “We have to be there.”

----Alex-----

"And now Cory wants to go over to Brian's," Matt explained as he threw his shirt over his head. "You can stay here if you want."

"As if," I rolled my eyes and threw my blue and white summer dress on and tied the bow in the back. "How much do you want to bet she's going over to tell him she wants to stay with him with the baby just so he won't kill himself?"

"Five hundred says she that she's pregnant and she can't stay with him unless he changes."

"That's no fair, you know she will!"

"You didn't specify."

"Didn't know I had to," I grumbled

"Well, you did,” He explained as we both ran to the car and rushed out of the driveway.

-----Cory-----

“Brian!” I ran into the house and screamed.

"Cory?" I heard Brian call before he walked out of the kitchen with tear stained eyes.

"Oh god you're alright!" I hugged him tight as he rubbed my back.

"Baby I'm so sorry—"

"No! You have been such an idiot! And now you go and scare me by threatening to kill yourself! You should be beaten half to death for scaring me and Alex!" I slapped his face. "That should be a start for you to never do that again."

"Your gonna slap me every time I’m bad?” He smiled slightly. “Kinky.”

“Now’s not the time for joking Brian,” I insisted and took a deep breath. “I have to tell you something.”

“What is it?” He asked, scared.

“I-“

“Brian!” Alex screeched.

"Alex?" Brian asked as she stormed up to him and slapped him harder than I did. "Ow…"

"That is for being the biggest fucking moron on this planet! You have a child coming into this world in less than a year and you want to kill yourself! Are you fucking insane!" she screamed and pointed her finger an inch from his nose. "Do you want to be apart of my child's life, if not you better straighten you're act up mister."

"You're going to let me see it?" he asked hesitantly.

"Well you are the father of it, but Matt will be the dad because he's taken responsibility for it," Alex explained and then nodded slowly. "But with Cory being pregnant you'll still be a dad, you'll have a kid you honestly do want."

"I want— wait what?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment