Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

“Everything okay?” Alex looked up to me and I slid in the bed behind her.

“Yeah,” I nodded and looked back to Zack.

“What?” Cory asked softly as Zack put his lips to her ear and murmured something. “I-I-“

“What did he say?” Alex looked up to me.

I grunted slightly and leaned down. "He's proposing," I whispered and kissed her cheek. "Shh, don't tell Brian."

"I won't," she mumbled and leaned back. "I'm suddenly really sleepy, that IV drip must have been low, oh wow."

"Honey?" I asked as she giggled slightly. "Are you alright?"

"The walls are melting, what the hell did they give me?" she asked surprised as she glanced around. "Trippy man…"

"Oh geez,” I looked around. “Uh, Cory get a doctor.”

“Okay,” She nodded and pulled away from Zack.

“Wait!” He yelled as Cory walked into the hallway. “I didn’t get an answer!”

“Fuck yes!”

"Fuck!" Zacky thrashed around for a minute before noticing Alex giggling like an idiot. "Uh, Alexandria are you okay?"

"Zacky when did you get blue hair again?" she giggled and threw her head back. "Ah man the ceilings blue too! I love this hospital, great designers."

"What's wrong with her?" Zacky said slowly as he walked over and stood beside Brian, who was wide eyed as he watched her. I shrugged and grabbed her left hand when she raised them trying to touch the blue ceiling.

"Brian grab her arm."

"Uh, okay?” He took her arm. “This is getting weird. First Alex getting drugged and now Zacky is dancing around like a fool. Why, might I ask, is he so happy?

"I'll tell you later," I waved him off and looked down at Alex as a doctor come in. "What the hell is wrong with her?"

"It’s a sedation medication, it will knock her out soon and she'll sleep rested. Hallucinogenic, it's usually common with the meds, but it will wear off."

"Oh, alright,” I sighed in relief as Cory began humming and the doctor left.

“I want to be sedated!” She sang, giggling madly and dancing around the room. “Fuck yes! I’m in such a good mood!”

"Mhm," Alex mumbled as she narrowed her eyes on Cory. "I may be slightly high, but I don't think I'm hallucinating Cory dancing like an idiot."

"You're not," I patted Alex's hand as she giggled suddenly and pulled at my hand. "What?"

"Kiss."

"You want a kiss?" I asked as she nodded frantically. "Fine,” I kissed her lips softly and she smiled.

“Thank you,” She grinned and looked at Cory, who was now dancing around with Zacky. "Something is wrong with that chick, did she drink something?"

"No baby," I shook my head as I looked at Brian, who looked really confused and slightly hurt. "Brian?"

"Huh?" he asked wide eyed.

"She's getting married, Zacky proposed," I said slowly, he nodded after a minute and smiled. "And I'm marrying Alex."

"Congrats," he cleared his throat. “To all four of you guys.”

“Thank you Brian!” Cory hugged him tightly and kissed the top of his head.

"You're welcome," he nodded as he looked down at Alex. "Congrats babe."

"Thanks Brian," she smiled softly and slightly drugged. "I love you," she giggled.

"I love you too," he giggled like she had and laughed while hugging her. "Go to sleep Alex."

"Okay," she said and kissed his lips. "Kiss, nighty night."

"Uh, night,” Brian said softly as Alex lay back down and fell asleep.

“Do you guys ever calm down?” Johnny stared at Zacky and Cory, who were now spinning in circles and hugging.

"No, they haven't since they were born, why do you think they'll start now?" I asked with a chuckle.

"They were calm a month ago, why can't they be again?" he mumbled.

"Because they are naturally spastic people with short attention spans, so yeah," I shrugged my shoulders. “And their ecstatic at the moment. It’s not every day you get engaged to the love of your life.”

“True,” Johnny sighed. "I need a girlfriend."

"Me too," Jimmy mumbled half asleep with his legs propped up against Johnny's chair. "One with long legs, a tight ass and a nice rack that can carry a conversation."

"Your—" I shook my head as Brian laughed.

"I need a girlfriend too, but—" Brian shrugged. "I really doubt anyone will get with me."

"Brian,” Cory stopped jumping around. “Don’t say that. You know what? You, Jimmy, and Johnny are going out tonight and girl shopping.”

“Girl shopping?” Jimmy asked.

“Look for a girlfriend!”

“Oh.”

"I'm not leaving, I'm staying so I can see Elliot in the morning," Brian said sternly as Cory glared down at him. "I'm not backing down Corrine."

"You'll go out, not drink and get back early in the morning, Brian Haner," she glared

"And if I don’t?”

“I’ll skin you, boil it, and then make you eat it!” She smiled sweetly, making him shiver.

“Your morbid humor always got me,” Brian gave in and looked at Jimmy and Johnny. “Let’s go then.”

"See you guys, I'll call you if anything changes," I said, god forbid it.

"Alright, take care of her Matt," Brian looked over at Alex before sighing and looking back at me. "You know she's always been one of the most important people in my life."

"I know," I nodded my head and looked down at Alex. "She's safe with me Brian, you know that."

"I do,” He nodded as they all walked out of the hospital.

-----Brian-----

“Well this was a waste of time,” Jimmy growled from the bar stool next to me.

"It is," Johnny sighed as he laid his head on the bar top. "Why the hell did we come here?"

"What the hell," I whined as I seen another guy wink at me. "The next guy that winks at me will be meeting my fist to his face."

"Great,” Jimmy looked around and spotted two girls across the bar.

“See something?” Johnny asked.

“Yeah,” He nodded. “Two sexy girls!”

“Mine!” We all called at the same time.

"Asshole," I grumbled as Jimmy and Johnny went running past me to the girls, I grunted and laid my head down.

"You okay?" the bartender asked, I looked up and noticed he was actually a she, I guess I wasn't paying attention. "You seem…not drunk and very depressed."

"I’m full of problems,” I sighed and laid my head back.

“Life can’t be that bad when you’re Synyster Gates,” She smirked, making me straighten up. “I’m Kayci.”

“Brian,” I nodded slowly.

“You know, my friends a therapist, maybe she could help,” She said softly.

"I don't need a therapist, I need a time machine," I mumbled as she handed me a cup full of something. "Can't drink tonight."

"It's Dr. Pepper, you need to drink something man, you look really pale."

"Thanks," I mumbled again as I took a drink of the brown liquid.

"What to talk about it? I won't judge you, promise."

"Fine,” I nodded as someone walked up to her and grinned.

“Oh, hey Montana,” She half waved and continued to smile at me. “This is-“

“Synyster Gates?” She squeaked. “In the bar? Right in front of me? I must be dreaming!”

“Not even,” Kayci laughed. “It’s happening, and it seems Mr. Brian here has some problems.”

"I'm a therapist," Montana shrugged her shoulders; I chuckled and looked at Kayci.

"You planned that just right didn't ya?" I asked as she laughed and shook her head.

"Nope, I'm just that good."

"Yeah," I chuckled as I turned to Montana. "I'm in love with two girls, I used to date them at the same time, I cheated and now they are both marrying my best friends while they have my kids, one just had hers and the other is still pregnant, sort through that one and I'll personally hug the shit out of you."

"Oh… My… God…” Montana stared at me with wide eyes. “You do have problems.”

“I told you that,” I sighed as Jimmy walked up beside me. “Hey.”

“Yo,” He said simply and looked at Montana and Kayci. “They are?”

“Two strangers wanting to help me through my problems,” I explained as Jimmy nodded.

“Well, I’m-“

“Jimmy Sullivan?” Montana interrupted. “Right?”

“Yeah.”

"Like you have to ask," Kayci scoffed as she threw a thumb at Montana. "That dummy is in love with—"

"Shut up moron," Montana threw Kayci a look that said shut up now or something along those lines.

"So," I said shrugging. "Thanks anyway, I guess we should leave."

"Listen, I can try to help you, with this. Let them go, remain their friends and be there to support them and the kids, and then find you someone else so you won't have the jealousy problem with their fiancés," Kayci shrugged. "Hope that made sense."

"It did,” I nodded as Montana looked at me, holding out her card.

“Call if you ever need help,” She said softly and smiled.

“Okay,” I took the card, found Johnny, and went back to the hospital with him and Jimmy.

“So,” Cory glared at me intently. “Did you get anyone’s number?”

“One girl,” I held out the card. “A therapist that wants to help me.”

"Not exactly what I was thinking when I sent you out," she stopped and shrugged. "But hell, it works."

"Yeah, the other girl that helped her gave me good advice and was really sweet, really cute too," I grinned

"Cute?" she wiggled her eyebrows. "Get her number?"

"Her friend's number," I chuckled as she pouted.

"Dude, get the girl you wants number!"

"It was close enough!” I insisted, Cory ripping the card from my hands and throwing it. Jimmy chased it down and snatched it up, holding it close.

“Well,” We both stared at him.

“Did you just chase down that card?” Cory asked, Jimmy nodding. “Why?”

"The girl is hot that is the therapist, I'll go crazy just to go and see her," he mumbled and sat down on the waiting room chair.

"Well, get that girls number for me when you go, or call or whatever," I shrugged

"Will do,” He saluted me and I turned back to Cory.

“You’re going to go on a date with this girl.”

“But what if I still want you?!” I accidentally burst out.

"Brian," she said sighing heavily. "We can't do this again alright, I'm getting married and I love you as a friend, only.

"Understandable, but I can get my hopes up can't I?"

"Not if you want Zacky pissed and Alex to kick you're ass."

"I just can’t help it, Cory!” I insisted. “I fell in love with you!”

“But Brian, I love Zacky.”

“So you say,” I said softly.

"Don't start Brian," she said sternly pointing in my face. "I won't go through this again with you, do you hear me?"

"Yes, I understand," I nodded. "Not really but I'll shut up for now."

"You're impossible," she grumbled, “Fucking impossible. You had another chance with me Brian. You know you did. But you fucked it up! You totally and complete-“

I cut off her sentence with my lips.

"Get the fuck off me!" she screamed pushing me off, causing Jimmy to jump up and push me away.

-----Alex------

"What's going on?" I asked as I looked over at Brian, Jimmy and Cory. "Something happened, great."

"You idiot!" Jimmy yelled.

"Fucking ass,” Cory stomped out of the room and began slamming her head against the wall.

“Babe?” Zacky walked up to her. “Something wrong?”

“Brian kissed me.”

"What?" Zacky jumped up looking extremely pissed, I sighed and leaned my head back.

"What's the twilight music again, I need to learn it and Mission Impossible," I mumbled as I looked at Cory. "Do you know it?"

"I don't know, it's like doo-doo-doo-doo or something like that," she shrugged angrily. “Why? Can you not see that there’s something fucking wrong here?”

“He kissed you?” Zack asked again.

“Yes, he fucking kissed me!”

I sighed heavily and shrugged my shoulders. "Drama just follows me and everyone doesn't it? I just have my child and whoop, here comes trouble."

"Stop that," Zacky glared at me and turned to Cory. "I'm going to kill him."

"You kill him, I kill you," I pointed to Zacky. "I may not love him but he is one of my best friend's jackass, just go talk to him civilly."

"I’ll try,” He mumbled and walked over tapping Brian’s shoulder.

“Yeah?” Brian turned around and made contact with Zack’s fist.

“I had to get that out of my system,” He said simply, Cory slapping her forehead.

"Zacky!" I screamed as I held my chest.

"Oh shit!" Zacky ran to me, I picked my hand up and slapped him across the face.

"Stop scaring me, see that's how it feels now if you don't stop being violent I will kick you're ass so hard you're child will feel it when he turns seventeen."

"You tricked me?"

"Yeah, get over it and be nice!" I yelled as I looked up at Cory. "Assholes, all men."

"Bitch,” he glared at me before turning back to Brian, who was rubbing his now black eye.

"Don't call Alex a bitch Zacky, you are the one that punched me in front of her when she's in the hospital for stress," Brian glared at Zacky as he stood up straight.

"I'll call her a bitch because she just did a very wrong thing!"

"Don't call her a bitch Zacky," Brian said sternly.

"Don’t fucking kiss my fiancé!” Zacky shouted back.

"We can talk about this outside, away from Alex," Brian said calmly as he pointed at me, I sighed and looked at Matt who was sleeping soundly through everything.

"Since it's like, five can someone go and see if they can bring me Elliot while you two idiots duke it out?" I asked casually.

"I'll go," Johnny raised his arm and walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

Image