Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

"That's Alex."

"Why is she singing?" Jimmy looked slightly confused as he put his ear to the door.

"I don't know,” I shrugged and looked through the window, making sure not to look over to Cory with fear I'd passing out. “She’s singing main and Zacky is doing back up.”

“Why?”

“I don’t fucking know,” I sighed. “Maybe to calm down Cory.”

"Yeah, Cory listens to music when she's stressed," Brian nodded his head and glanced through the window. "Oh there's a lot of blood," he mumbled darkly, then fell backward and hit the floor.

"Well then," Jimmy and I glanced at the floor then back at each other. “That sucks.”

“Yeah,” I nodded slowly as we peeked back in the window.

“Oh my fucking god,” Jimmy shook as our eyes went wide. “That looks…”

“Painful,” I groaned.

"Very painful," Jimmy looked away and took a deep breath. "I'll never ever disrespect women's pain tolerance again."

"And we say stop throwing like a girl I really regret shit like that, I don't think I could stand that much pain," I held my stomach. "Poor Alex had that and heart pain, how did she not die from that?"

"Don’t think about it, man,” Jimmy insisted. “Just be glad she’s alright.”

“Yeah,” I nodded and looked back down to Brian, kicking him slightly. “Get up. Your baby is being born.”

“What?” He opened his eyes, sitting up. “Are they both okay?”

“We’re not sure,” Jimmy shook his head. “We’re only watching right now.”

“Oh,” Brian leaned back up to the window and took a deep breath. “Can I tell you guys something?”

“Sure,” I nodded.

“Now you two need to promise not to get furious at me,” He insisted.

“We promise,” Jimmy and I nodded our heads.

“Okay,” Brian sighed. “I think I still love Cory. And maybe Alex, too.”

"We already knew," Jimmy and I shrugged our shoulders. "I mean, you do kind of flirt on occasion and I don't think usually you really know you're doing it."

"It just happens," Brian sighed. "But—"

"There is always a fucking but," Jimmy sighed as he leaned against the wall, waving his hand around. "Continue."

"I'm seeing that Kayci girl, she's trying to help me past it. She's trying to make me have more respect for myself and the girls I fall in love with."

"And is it working?” Jimmy asked as I shook my head.

“Kayci, she kissed me the other day,” Brian said softly. “I imagined it to be Cory. Not Kayci.”

"I'll admit that's a little fucked up," I said with a sigh. "Maybe you should try and talk to her therapist friend that Jimmy's going out with?"

"It won't work Matt," Brian covered his head with his hands. "I'm fucked in the head."

"No you're not," I sighed as his eyes went wide with disbelief. "Are you kidding me? We all have problems; you just choose to hang on for dear life to yours. Its time to let go Brian, you can't love someone happily if they don't return it."

"I can't let go…"

"You'll have to, if you ever want to be happy," I said sternly, hoping to god he wouldn't say he didn't want to be happy without Cory or Alex, and then I would actually have to punch him. Hard.

"You don’t understand,” He chocked. “I’ve never felt like I had when I was with Cory. Like, it seemed so special."

"You'll find love again Brian, you can't love someone if they don't love you in return, you'll only be miserable," I argued as I crossed my arms. "Why can't you see that?"

"He refuses to," Jimmy spoke up. "He's waiting for the impossible."

"I mean it’s not impossible,” Brian said. “Very highly unlikely, but not impossible."

"It's impossible dude, she's marrying Zacky, and she's in love with Zacky. Did you forget when Alex was in the hospital and you kissed her that she nearly bit you're head off, and Zacky bout spun you're head around?"

"No, but thanks for reminding me," he said with a grimace. "Just, never mind right now."

"No, I think you need to figure some shit out, you aren't getting Cory or Alex, they have done made it clear Brian. You need to help yourself by coming to grips with it," I patted his back.

"I don’t know how, though,” He sighed, Cory screaming loudly.

“My poor girl,” Jimmy frowned and looked in the window, his eyes growing. “I’d scream, too.”

"Talk to the therapist Brian or I'll make you," I threatened as I glanced over Jimmy's shoulder. "Holy shit, poor Cory…wait no poor Zacky."

"Why poor Zacky?" Brian glanced over my shoulder and grimaced. "His hand will surely be in a cast after this."

"Great,” Jimmy sighed. “I’m glad I’m not in there.”

“You’d be on the ground, passed out,” I laughed as he nodded.

“You know me too well.”

"Because you have done it before," I rolled my eyes.

"That time with Alex doesn't count, I wasn't breathing for like, three minutes," he pointed at me. "Don't hold it against me Matt."

"I won’t,” I shook my head.

“Make it stop!” Cory cried. “Please!”

“I feel bad for her,” Brian said softly. “It’s kind of my fault she’s in so much pain.”

"You think? I'm just glad Alex was so happy about having Elliot, she did think of the pain you caused, now Cory is a different story I'm sure," I shrugged as Jimmy made an ohhh sound. "What?"

"She punched a nurse."

"Oh my god,” Brian grinning. “That’s my girl.”

We both glared at him.

“Well, sort of.”

"No sort of Brian, she's Zacky's fiancé and the love of his life now, get it through your thick head," I mumbled fed up with his dumbass behavior, if he would just stop and think like he needed too, he would get it.

"I’m trying,” He nodded and watched Alex grimace, still singing. “I mean, I know she loves Zack and Zacky loves her so much, but I just get so jealous."

"Well you're seriously starting to annoy me," Jimmy said what I was thinking thankfully. "Brian I'm saying this because I want you to know from a third party prospective view, you're being the biggest asshole stringing them two along and then you won't let them find happiness because you're miserable. Dude with all respect, or some. Get a life."

"Well," I bobbed my head slightly. "That was to the point."

"Yeah,” Brian growled and sat down. “How long is labor usually?”

“It can be a few hours long,” I nodded.

“Hours?” Jimmy and Brian whined. “Awww…”

"Guys, I think Cory should whine not you two impatient bastards," I rolled my eyes and looked through the glass again; Alex looked up and mouthed I'm losing feeling and held up her hand which Cory was clutching.

"My poor Alex,” I frowned as she began crying softly in pain.

“Mother fucker!” Cory screamed again, still sobbing.

-----Alex-----

"It's crowning," the cute blonde doctor said as his assistance handed him a large silver thing. "You'll feel some pressure Cory."

"I want to see," Zacky said.

"Zacky you don't want to do tha—" I stopped because he dropped to the floor; I watched him go and sighed. "That."

"Did that fucker just faint!" Cory screamed with laughter, I looked up and giggled slightly as I nodded. "What a wimp."

Yeah,” I nodded.

“And just when I was going to tell him-“She grimaced and moaned. “That I loved him for doing this with me.”

“Do you love me?” I asked, my voice shaking slightly from the pain in my hand.

“Yeah!” She nodded and screamed, the nurses dragging Zacky out to Matt and the guys.

"Good, if you said no I would have hit you in the head and tripled the pain," I glanced at the ceiling and opened my mouth, wanting to scream. I never realized pain could radiate from the hand all the way to the toes.

"I wouldn't say no, you're my best friend," she cried as the doctors gave her orders to breathe. "I'm fucking breathing!"

"We know that," I chuckled as I turned to Dr. Kovash and smiled slightly. "Is the baby almost out, I think I need to go to the E.R. my fingers feel broke."

"And I think I broke Zacky’s hand;” Cory shook her head and pushed.

“The baby should be out any minute,” Dr. Kovash nodded, making me sigh in relief.

"Great," I whispered as she pushed one last time and the baby's cry was heard, I glanced down to the doctor's hands and smiled. "Little boy mama!"

"Warren," she smiled as they wiped him off a little and sat him on her chest. "Baby, my baby."

"Oh wow,” I smiled and looked down to Warren, his eyes still closed.

“Cory,” A nurse said. “We have to get him cleaned off. In the mean time, you should rest.”

“Okay,” Cory nodded slowly and lay back, closing her eyes. “I love you, Alex.”

“You too, Cory,” I walked out of the room and looked to the guys.

“So?” Brian asked anxiously.

“It’s a healthy baby boy,” I grinned, Brian’s eyes tearing up.

“Someone wake up Zacky!” Jimmy cried out, Matt shaking him violently.

"What?" Zacky sat up and glanced at me with wide terror filled eyes. "Alex?"

"Warren is six pounds, three ounces, he's adorable and he has Cory's nose," I laughed as Zacky started laughing. "They are cleaning him up right now, you can go ahead and head up to the nursery place so you can watch him get clean, I'll stay with Cory. She's tired as hell."

"I can't believe it, I have a girl and a boy," Brian whispered as he looked at Zacky and Matt. "Guys, a boy and a girl."

"Come here man," Matt laughed and pulled him into a manly hug.

"I’m a fucking dad,” Zacky said, wide eyed. “I can’t believe we’re all dads.”

“Minus Jimmy,” I added, Jimmy nodded.

“Let’s go see Cory instead,” Jimmy looked at me as we both walked back into Cory’s room.

“Hey,” I smiled and half waved. “I brought someone?”

“Is it Zacky?” Cory opened her eyes and saw Jimmy, his eyes tearing up. “Jimmy…”

“Cory,” Jimmy smiled and sat next to her, pulling her into a hug. “Girl, I love you. Congrats.”

“Thanks, James,” She nodded slowly as he patted her back.

"I'm proud of you Cory," Jimmy laughed as he kissed her cheek. "You had a baby boy."

"I had a baby boy," she whispered with a sweet smile.

"Yeah, and I had a baby girl, we'll have kids grow up together," I giggled

“That they will,” She nodded and laid her head back. “Damn, I tired. Where the hell are my fiancé and baby?”

"Both upstairs, Zacky and Brian are crying and I think Matt is chaperoning them to make sure they don't have a heart attack and fall out again."

"Oh yeah, Brian fainted when he seen all the blood and stuff," Jimmy looked around and grimaced. "He fell out and we kind of…let him lay there."

"Nice one Jimmy, great friend," I rolled my eyes as Cory laughed.

“Zacky fainted, too. I’m not sure why, I was too busy screaming.”

“He saw the baby crowning,” I nodded, Jimmy looked down to Cory.

“That sounds painful.”

“It is painful,” She nodded.

"Very painful," I nodded my head and sighed. "But I don't remember it; I had a caesarian done on me."

"Talk about painful," Cory laughed as Jimmy grimaced. "What is a caesarian?"

"They cut you from elbow to asshole," I grinned as he nearly fainted then. "Jimmy, side to side so they can get the baby out," I held up my shirt and showed the scar. "See."

"Oh,” Jimmy nodded and ran his finger over the scar. “Sounds painful.”

“I can’t remember if it was or not,” I shrugged, Zack walking into the room and holding Warren.

“Where’s Mommy?” He said with teary eyes and looked at Cory, who began crying.

"Oh, someone's cleaned and ready to see mama," I grinned as Zacky walked over to Cory and sat beside her, while handing her Warren.

"Oh my god," she whispered as she smoothed his peach fuzz on his head and grinned. "Zacky look at his eyes."

"They aren't anything like I've ever seen before," Zacky whispered.

"He’s so beautiful,” She said softly. “Absolutely gorgeous.”

“Yeah,” Zacky nodded and kissed Cory softly. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” She nodded as Zack reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring.

"I got you a ring yesterday," he smiled softly as he put it on her finger. "I thought you might like it."

"Oh Zacky it's beautiful," she whispered as she turned and kissed him gently, while carefully holding Warren against her chest. "I love you so much."

"I love you more."

"While we're admitting things like love, and when we got our rings and such, I'd like to admit something I haven't told anyone!" I smiled even though I was slightly scared shitless.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant again, I'll be feeling the pain this time bitch," I grinned as Jimmy fainted beside me; I slowly gazed down at him and sighed heavily. "What is it with men fainting today; they aren't even in pain Cory what the hell?"

"As I said before, wimps,” She nodded slowly until she completely stopped and her hands went over her mouth in shock. “You’re pregnant again?”

“Well,” I sighed. “Yeah. And this times its Matt’s baby.”

“Where are Matt and Brian anyway?” Cory asked softly, Brian poking his head in the room.

“I’m here,” He walked in all the way. “Can I see my son?”

“Of course,” Cory nodded as Brian walked up next to her, looking down to Warren.

"He's beautiful," Brian smiled but then stopped. "Damn look at his eyes."

"They are pretty aren't they, almost purple," Zacky nearly giggled as he looked up at Brian. "Wicked huh?"

"Really," Brian chuckled.

"Hey Alex," Cory said softly as I gazed at the floor, I looked up and she smiled. "Does he know?"

"Not as of yet, found out last night and haven't had the balls to tell him yet," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Do what?" Brian asked.

"I’m pregnant again,” I said softly, Brian nodding slowly.

“That would explain why Jimmy is on the ground.”

"Yeah what is it with you guys and fainting today?" I asked in exasperation. "I mean seriously, we're the ones that go through the pain, my hand is broken, I think and Cory's crotch is probably split in fifteen different places from Warren."

"Which I will remind him time and time again when he doesn't listen to me in his teenage years," Cory pointed out.

"And, lastly you don't feel half the pain we got, and yet you all faint at the sight pf blood, or news, who wants to bet that Matt faints?" I raised my hand, and everyone else did. "Jimmy doesn't, he pays a hundred to each," I mumbled as I stepped over him and walked out to Matt. "Matt?"

"Huh?" he turned around on the phone. "I'm talking to Johnny, he's dancing around."

"He better not be with Elliot."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment