Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

"But of course Mon cherie!" he faked a French accent as he ran for the studio doors, he stopped in front of the sofa and flipped me back on Zacky, who groaned and acted dead.

"Oops, killed him…Matt can I be his replacement?" I asked hopeful.

“Sure!” He grinned, Zacky’s eyes opening.

“No.”

“Why?” I whined and pouted.

“Because you’ll never be as sexy as me,” He explained.

“Fine,” I stood up, playfully flipped him off, and went off to find Cory. I looked through her office window, she was sitting at her desk, her face buried in her hand, sobbing. “Oh,” I said softly and walked back out to the boys. “What’s wrong with Cory?”

“Huh?” Zack shot up, alert.

“She’s in her office, crying,” I explained and pointed in her general direction.

“Oh no,” Zacky stood up, sighed, and walked away.

Ignore the pain, ignore the suspicion.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as I looked over at Matt, he looked down then to Jimmy with pursed lips.

"Nothing's wrong Lexi," Jimmy grinned as he called me by his special nickname. "We would tell you, you know that."

I did…

"Of course," I nodded as I looked up when Brian walked through the door. "Hey Brian."

"Hey baby," he kissed my head and sat down the brown bags in his arms. "Where's Zack?"

"He's going to check on Cory, she's crying."

"Why?" he asked with a little too much concern for my liking, he glanced out the door then back to me. "What happened?"

"I don't know, I went to go and talk to her and seen her crying at her desk," I shrugged as I looked up into his deep brown eyes.

He's nervous…

"Oh," he said as he backed up. "Well I…better go see if she's okay…we can't have our assistant producer upset, it'll fuck everything up."

“I understand, go,” I shooed him off and sighed.

Ignore the pain, ignore the suspicion.

“What do you thinks wrong, Matt?” I asked.

“Probably just nerves,” He explained. “It could be anything.”

I have one thing in mind.

“Yeah,” I nodded in agreement. “I think I’ll just go see if she’s stopped yet.”

“Alright,” Matt said as I walked over to her office door, peering in the window. Zack was standing behind her hands on her shoulders as Brian kneeled in front of her…

And held her hands.

"What's wrong?" He whispered as he brushed her purple hair back, she glanced up at him and sobbed more.

"I'm so sick of lying, I feel so guilty," she cried as she looked away from him, to me. "Oh God."

I sighed as I walked fully in the room, I was just standing there as if waiting to talk, so I wasn't exactly spying. "I was going to wait and talk to you, I'll come back," I whispered as I turned around and walked for the door to the studio.

Get out, get out, get out!

"Alex!" Brian shouted as he ran after me, I slammed the door in his face and ran for the side of the building, I made it just in time and kept running while Brian shouted my name frantically.

Keep running, the pain will stop. Just think, you're over reacting, she could have been talking about the surprise party.

I shook my head and ran all the way to the beach; walking down pier four I watched the water roll in on the beach, leaving ripples in the sand. The children on the floats that laughed and cheered for one to dunk and hold their breath as much as they could. The couples walking down the sand talking quietly, I looked away as tears rolled down my face and my legs kept moving.

You were so stupid to trust them, but Brian…

The thought of him lying, cheating on me sent another wave of pain to crash against my chest cavity, but it didn't let up. I gasped for air as I dropped to my knees and held my chest in my hands.

If that idiot causes me to have a heart attack and die, I will so haunt his ass.

-----Cory-----

“Brian, aren’t you going to follow her?” I asked softly.

“No,” He shook his head. “It’s not like she’d listen now. I’ll let her cool down some; she’ll have to come back.”

“Oh god, Brian.” I leaned my head back and looked up at Zack and the ceiling. “I’m ruining your life. I’m a fucking bad person. I should just drop-“

“Don’t say that, Corrine,” Brian glared at me angrily. “Don’t say that. You don’t deserve to die.”

“Yes I do, Brian!” I straightened up. “I’m making life for all of you guys a living hell! I deserve to die!”

“No you don’t, Corrine,” He walked back up to me and pulled me close to him. “Don’t say that.”

"Brian where the fuck is Alex?" Matt's angry voice ripped Brian from our embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment