Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

"Just go sit down sir."

This is going to be a long wait…

-----Cory-----

I sat at the desk, my head resting in my hands, taking deep breaths to calm myself.

“Cory?” Zack said softly and touched my shoulder.

“What?” I looked up with bloodshot eyes.

“We need to get to the hospital,” He began and looked down at my desk, noticing the empty pill bottle. “No.”

“Zack,” I rubbed my face, “I have to get to the hospital.”

-----Brian----

"Why the fuck," I mumbled as the doctors excluded me from the news of Alex, they went straight to Matt and Jimmy and when I went to find out anything they would shut up. "I'm getting sick of this; tell me what's wrong with Alex."

"Why do you even care, you put her here," Jimmy seethed as he glanced down at me, I've had just about enough of his shit.

"Listen Jimmy, I may have fucked up but I love Alex just as much as you do and I don't want her hurting at all," I said as I turned to him. "So stop fucking leaving me out and tell me."

"They think she may have had a minor heart attack," Matt snapped with a sneer on his face. "There you fucking happy now?"

"Guys!" Zacky ran through the door as I sat down clutching my chest. "Cory took a bunch of pills, there pumping her stomach in the E.R."

“Oh god,” I sighed and leaned my head back.

“This day could not get worse,” Jimmy mumbled into his hands. “Fucking perfect…”

“It’s a dream, I swear,” Zack sat down in the seat next to Jimmy. “None of this is happening. Our girls… They’ll be fine. I’ll wake up and everything will be normal again.”

“Don’t get your hopes up,” I growled.

"Its you're fucking fault," he snapped back as the doctor walked out, my breath caught in my chest as we all stood up.

"Mr. Sanders, Mrs. Dallas is asking for you and a Jimmy Sullivan," he said causing me to sigh.

"She's up?" Jimmy smiled slowly

"She's awake and she's not in pain," the doctor smiled as he patted Matt's shoulder. "She didn't have a heart attack, she put stress on her heart though, and it’s weak."

"Is she okay?"

"I believe so, as long as she has no more stress for awhile," he nodded his head.

"That means you aren't allowed to see her," Zacky growled as he followed Matt and Jimmy back, I stood there with my mouth gapped open like an idiot.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Johnny walked up to me; Jimmy called him an hour ago and left a voicemail saying we couldn't find Alex.

"Alex almost had a heart attack because of me and Cory swallowed a bottle of pills," I sighed as I shook my head. "No."

-----Alex-----

I smiled as Matt walked in and cupped my face in his large hands, kissing all over my face. "You ever scare me like that again and I'll kill you myself."

"Sorry Matt," I pouted as Jimmy reached over and slapped my hand. "Ow Jimmy what was that for?"

"Worrying me," he pouted as he kissed my forehead.

"You young lady will never play my guitar again for what you caused me, I have three gray hairs now thank you," Zacky glared playfully.

“You’ll dye ‘em soon, anyway,” I laughed slightly. “Hey, I only spy four of the five people I want to see.”

“Five?” Matt looked down to me.

“Cory.”

“Oh,” Zack said softly. “Cory… She over dosed and is having her stomach pumped in the ER.”

“Why?” I sat up slightly. “What happened?”

“She got so scared for you,” He explained. “She felt like it was all her fault and took an entire bottle of pills.”

“Oh no,” I moaned softly. “Any word on her?”

“Not yet,” Jimmy shook his head.

“Can I come in?” Johnny poked his head in the room.

“Johnny boy!” I smiled weakly as he rushed over and hugged me.

“Oh, I’m so glad your okay,” He looked at me with bright eyes and smiled.

“I’m glad I’m okay, too,” I nodded in agreement.

"Can anyone tell me why Brian's in the waiting room cussing himself and bashing his brains in?" Johnny asked as he sat down besides Matt, I rolled my eyes and leaned back.

"He's a dumbfuck, and he's never touching Alex again, let's just leave it at that," Matt said sweetly as he glanced at me. "You okay with that?"

"For now," I nodded as I reached for the phone; I pushed one for the front desk. "I'm Corinne Iannuzzi's sister; can you tell me how she is?"

"She's doing fine Miss Iannuzzi, she just came out of the sleep the doctors medicated her with, if you'd like I could page the phone in her room and let you speak with her."

"That would be great," I smiled as Matt and the guys watched me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment