Status: Erratic updates, but please coments and I'll do my best to update

The Blessing and the Blessed

Drunken Hallucination

Captain Jayce Spades had a sway in his long steps as he neared Albatross Peninsula. He thought he would clear his hazie mind a bit before he went back to the merry making (it was the ship's first night back to port in four months). The salty air felt wonderful on his face and he took a deep breath as he closed his eyes. He immediately felt his head start to clear from the drunken fog that coated his mind. He opened his eyes, only to be startled by a dark shape against the night's bright pregnant moon. He took a few more silent steps and discovered that the dark blur was a figure of what appeared to be a woman. She had her arms straight out and her head tilted back as the wind blew her layered skirt out and caused it to flare around her. What surprised him most was her long hair. The wind played with it and caused it to cascade everywhere yet never looked messy. He has seen many lands, therefore many women's hairs, but never like the color this woman sported. It was a startling white, almost silver in color that seemed to fade and blend in with the night sky. It was topped with a gypsy head scarf that contrasted it beautifully. Dozens of albatross flew around her and he hesitantly took another step forward. Within seconds the birds dispersed and the woman turned to face him. The wind still played with her hair while she gazed at him with dark mysterious eyes. A shock of ran through his body and he found that he could not look away or move. A sudden need for her enveloped him. A need to protect her, be with her, hold her. Time seemed to escape him as he gazed into her dark pools.
"Spades!" Jayce was released from the spell and turned to see three of his crewmen staggering towards him. "Watcha doin'?"
His head turned to Albatross Peninsula, only to find the girl gone as if she never existed. "Clearing me head before heading back." He grinned fiercely at his men.
"AYE!" The three cheered and the red haired man slung an arm around his shoulders. Jayce glanced back one last time and dismissed the girl as nothing more than a drunken hallucination.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thus my pirate story begins. Enjoy!