Status: Erratic updates, but please coments and I'll do my best to update

The Blessing and the Blessed

Perfect Strangulation Neck

Weeks passed since the fight with the Navy dogs and we were running low on food... again. I was serving most of the crew men when Ben 'Knives' Craftman, ship's number one asshole and best knife fighter, grabbed me by the collar and shouted, "Whot the Fock is this?"
"Dinner." I calmly replied.
"This aint enough to fill the rodent." He spat.
Sarge's hackles raised as he tried his best to grow bigger and look fierce. "Well, there aint be a lot of food left and I haveta feed 21 pirates and a kitten, so if ye have a problem I suggest ye talk to Captain."
"Or we could get rid of of someone or thing." He glanced between me and Sarge.
I ripped myself out of his grasp and turned, "Or we could dump ye and yer unnecessary hatred of everything off the ship." Normally, I wouldn't say anything, but today I was short on patience. I'd already gotten in a fight with Captain over the lack of food and didn't need him to bitch about it. I received a few chuckled until Knives grabbed me again and threw me on the table.
"Whot'd ye say ye bastard?" He held onto my throat with one hand causing everyone got up.
"Cool it, Knives." Nicoli warned.
"Why? 'e's nothing but useless. He con't even fight! 'e aint cut out to be on this ship. I don't even know why Spades keeps 'im." Shouts broke out and Knives' hand tightened around my neck.
"What in the watery Hell is going on?" Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up at Captain. He had his arms crossed over his bare chest and his emerald eyes smoldered down at the ruckus. "I asked, What be going on down here?" His voice lowered dangerously.
"Nothing, Spades." Knives replied.
"It sure don't sound," He glanced at how Knives held me down, "Or look like nothing. Knives, let Al go. Now what is going on?" No one answered. "Ace?"
"Dispute, Spades." Ace replied.
"I'm assuming between Knives and Al?" Silence was the reply. "Knives get to wash duty! Al, to the crows nest! The rest of ye, finish up now or night watch for all of ye." Captain turned and left with heavy foot steps.
Knives glared down at me, slammed me once more down on the table, and grumbled to himself as he left for duty. "Yer dead." He whispered as he left. Sarge swiped at him as he passed and then fled to Ace for protection. I got up and rubbed my sore my head.
"Yer a'right, Al?" Ace asked.
"Just fine. I'll see ye later. Sarge, let's go." I held out my arm so the little tiger could climb up to my shoulder. Once securely there, we walked to the deck, avoiding Knives, and climbed up to the nest.
"What are ye doing up here, lad?" Lions asked.
"I got in trouble, so Captain put me on nest duty."
"Alright. I'll see ye later, Masta Al."
"Night, Lions." He disappeared over the nest, leaving me to feel the wind on my face and watch for trouble.
"Mow." Sarge mewed as he rubbed his face against my jaw.
"I be alright, Sarge." I scratched his head reassuringly. I didn't tell him that my throat was sore and I was pretty sure bruised.
After my shift in the nest, I headed straight to Doc's office. "Hey Doc."
"Al." He smiled. "How can I help you?"
"I just need a break." I sat in the chair opposite him and let my head gently fall into my hands.
"What happened?" He got up and examined my neck.
"Oh, I snapped at Knives and he slammed me into a table. Is it bad?"
He poked and prodded my neck. "Nothing too bad, just bruised. Are you having trouble swallowing?"
"No."
"You should be fine. However, your neck may be sore and stiff for a few days. Just be careful." Sarge rubbed Doc's ankles. "Hello, Sarge." Then Doc looked back at me. "You snapping doesn't sound like you, Al."
"I know, but I've had enough today. I got into another fight with Captain over the lack of food and Knives was being Knives and I told him maybe he should jump ship."
"He didn't take that well and smacked you into a table." Doc filled in.
"Aye."
"You should go get something to eat. You haven't eaten today, have you?"
"No. Thanks Doc, good-night."
Be careful, Al."
"Aye, sir." I left to go find food and to relax by playing the fiddle.
♠ ♠ ♠
And thus we meet Knives, one of the nicest pirates you'll ever meet. =p Cheers!