Status: Erratic updates, but please coments and I'll do my best to update

The Blessing and the Blessed

Things I Don't Want to Explain

I stripped off my dirty clothes and was about to step into the stream when I heard rocks fall. I turned around as my arms flew up to my chest. "Oh, it be only you Sarge." I sighed with relief as the big green eyes looked at me. "Keep watch and warn me if someone approaches okay?"
"Meow." he confirmed and started patrolling the area. I smiled and slipped into the water. I dipped all the way in and made sure my hair was soaked. I grabbed the bottle of black dye and saturated my locks with it. Once satisfied that all of my hair was colored, I put it up to set. Next I got to work cleaning my outfit that I spend weeks in. As I scrubbed away at it, I was glad blood was a common element and got everywhere, since it would be pretty hard to explain why I had blood on my pants otherwise. I could see that explanation going over well... not. My imagination created dozens of different scenarios, all ending with something bad happening to me. I shook my head to clear it off those uncomfortable thoughts.
After cleaning my once filthy clothes, I started cleaning myself of the grime that had accumulated over the months on board the ship. I scrubbed off as much as I could before submerging myself in the water. Finally, I let my hair down and washed out the excess dye. My hair took the longest to wash because I had to wash out as much dye as possible or the crew would be asking questions I didn't want to answer. One of many things I didn't want to explain to them.
I relaxed a little longer in the stream, letting my mind and guard down so I could for once destress from my selected life style. Deciding it was time to get out, I stretched, stepping out of the tempting water and slowly drying off. I shook my hair out, ran my fingers through my newly dyed locks, and finally tied my cap back on. I tied my towel around my waist as I started binding my chest with a new set of bandages, good thing my breasts were small. I quickly put on my new shirt, vest, and then pulled on my pants and boots. Just as I was picking up the last of my things, Sarge meowed. My head shot up to where he was; staring up the hill I had climbed down earlier.
"So this be where ye were." I looked over to see Spades making his way down to me. "I've been wondering where ye wandered to." He approached me with a light smell of alcohol on his breath and body.
"I went to visit Madam Clear." I shifted the things in my arms so I was more comfortable.
"And the stream." He stated as a fact, not a question. His eyes narrowed at the sight of my hair, trying to figure out if something had changed in the few hours I was gone.
"Aye, Captain." I started to twitched slightly as he looked me over. Was either of my secrets up? "Did ye need something, Captain?" I finally asked.
His eyes once again slipped to mine and he replied, "Aye, ye be on duty now." I nodded and scurried off. I did not hear any foot steps behind me as I ran through the forest. My nerves didn't relax until I was far from the stream and almost to The Scourge. Taking a deep breath, I walked on board and informed the men that they were free to go enjoy the night. They all but ran off towards the small village as I started walking around the ship. Sarge ran and played around the deck, but after some time got bored and wandered back to Pandora Bay. Abandoning me to for Ace, Nicoli, Jasper, or Madam Clear. Lucky little cat.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was actually suppose to go with the last chapter, but decided to split them. I wanted the revealing of Al to be its own chapter =) So did ya see that coming? Please comment and tell me what you're thinking of the story so far. Cheers!