‹ Prequel: Having a Blast

Welcome to Paradise

Amusement Park

I didn't go that far. I wasn't even a block away, but I was out of sight of Billie.

Maybe I was being a little over dramatic about the whole thing... but at the same time, maybe I was being perfectly rational... I don't know! He just came back from a tour and he wants to go run into another one already.

"Alana!"

I grimaced and leaned against a tree I was standing by. The only man who doesn't leave you alone when you want him to. Huh... first I'm complaining about him leaving again with no time to spend with me, now I'm complaining about him not leaving me alone. Make up your mind!

"Lana,"

I jumped, my thoughts interrupted by Billie. I looked at him and he had tear stains down his cheeks and glossy, wet eyes. I don't think I've ever seen him cry before.

"Where you crying?"

He sighed. "Yeah, a little... but that's not what I came over to talk about."

"I know, I was just asking."

"Look, if you don't want me going into another tour yet, I won't. We haven't planned any dates yet. We were only talking about it. We prefer starting a tour fresh after a new album anyways."

"I don't want you not to do this just because I whine and bitch about it."

"Then you're just gonna be mad at me for doing the shit anyways."

I put my head down. "I know..." I looked back up. "But I have an excuse. I'm pregnant and moody."

He sighed. "You're killing me Alana..." I sighed too and he pulled me into a hug. "But I love you."

I put my arms around him limply. "I love you too."

He squeezed me a little. "C'mon, that's not a hug. Do it like you mean it."

I pushed my face into his shoulder and hugged him normally.

He nuzzled my face in my hair. "There, was that so hard?"

I shrugged. "No."

"Are we still going to the amusement park with everyone?"

I looked up at him, my head still on his shoulder. "Yeah. We're going at noon."

"We should get going now then." He grabbed my hand and kissed my forehead. "We'll talk about the band stuff later and work everything out."

----

"I didn't think this shit through... what the hell can I go on while I'm pregnant!?"

Tre shrugged. "You can go on the ferris wheel."

"Will you go with me?"

"Uh... no. Those are boring."

I dropped my jaw and clung to Billie, who was standing off drinking a beer. "Tre's being mean to me!"

Billie turned around, looked at me, then Tre. "What did you do??"

Tre shrugged. "I told her I wouldn't go on the ferris wheel with her 'cause it's boring."

He grimaced and looked down at me, putting his arm around my shoulder. "I'll go on it with you baby."

I smiled. "Thank you!" I glared at Tre. "Jerk..."

He stuck his tongue out and I did it back. We did that for a few minutes then I pushed his shoulder. he did it back and we got into one of those sissy slap fights, barely even touching each other. Billie picked me up by my waist and carried me to the ferris wheel, Tre following behind us, making faces at me. I did it back and Billie pinched me.

"Ow!" I rubbed my butt. "That hurt..."

"Stop messing with each other."

"Why did you only pinch me and not him??"

He stopped, turned, and slapped Tre over the head. "There."

I shrugged. "I didn't say slap him."

Tre rubbed his head. "You pinch her, but slap me. That's fair."

Billie started walking again. "I don't hit girls."

I giggled. "Then why did you hit Tre?"

Billie chuckled and Tre glared at me.

"Ha-Ha. You're so funny."

"I think I'm hilarious." Mike and Carrie ran up to us and I leaned on Billie's shoulder, still being carried. "How was the roller coaster?"

Carrie jumped up and down. "A blast! Mike was screaming like a girl!"

"Was not! That was the girl behind us."

"Right. So where are we headed?"

I started playing with Billie's hair. "The ferris wheel."

"Oh. Yay! We're going on too! Why is Billie carrying you?"

"Me and Tre keep picking on each other."

"Understandable."

We got to the ferris wheel and we stood in line for like five minutes. Obviously, Billie and I shared a seat, Carrie and Mike shared one, and Tre sat on his own. We tried to ask to squeeze three, but the workers weren't going for it.

I sighed and leaned my head on Billie's shoulder. "I'm gonna do fun stuff like this with the baby every chance I can during the times you're gone."

He put his arm around me and rested his head on mine. "We'll all do stuff like this as a family."
♠ ♠ ♠
It sorta bums me out that they took off the "Preview" button... At least I think they did 'cause I can't find it. Ah well. I don't care.