‹ Prequel: Having a Blast

Welcome to Paradise

It Will Rain

I stopped in my tracks when I seen Tre in Michael's living room and gave him a confused look. He seen me, gave me the same look, then seen my bags and gave me a slightly horrified and confused look.

"Are you donating some of your stuff?"

I shook my head and put the bags by the stairs. "No."

He shot up and walked over to me, squeezing me in a hug. "What happened?? You guys were so happy at the park! Was he being a horny asshole? 'Cause I can take care of that for you."

I pushed his arms off me. "Tre, quit. It's not a big deal. We're just taking a little break for a bit."

He frowned, grabbed my hand and pointed to the ring. "It is a big deal!" He dropped my hand and crossed his arms. "Why?"

"I did it so he had time to deal with the band and stuff. He doesn't need to deal with me being a child about everything he does." I shook my head and picked up my bags, heading to the room I used last time I stayed here. "Just leave it alone, okay?"

I heard his footsteps being me and he grabbed my arm. "No, I'm not just gonna leave it alone. Do you know how broken up you probably just left that man? You probably just put him in a state of depression for the rest of his life! He's already an asshole in the morning most of the time. He's gonna bite everyone's fucking head off for doing something as little as sneezing."

I pulled my arm away. "Tre, shut up! I don't wanna talk about it anymore..."

I started walking and he grabbed one of my bags, walking with me.

He cleared his throat after a minute. "You know I'm not the only one that's gonna chew your ass out about it."

I sighed as I put my bag on the bed. "Yeah, I know, but I don't wanna deal with it right now."

He tossed the bag on the bed and wiped his face, mumbling into his hands.

I looked at him. "What are you saying?"

He dropped his hands and shook his head. "Nothing. Just mindless mumbling."

He sighed and left the room, telling Michael he was leaving. Fuck. He was probably going to talk to Billie about everything. He, of all people, should know that's a bad idea. He just got done telling me he was gonna pretty much hate everything and everyone. I don't see why it matters. Billie probably just got done crying to Mike about it, literally. I'll probably hear a lot from Mike and Carrie too. Obviously Mike's gonna tell her.

I sighed and sat on the bed, my face in my hands. "What the fuck did you do Alana?" I groaned. "I probably made everything worse." I shook my head and got up. "Stop thinking about it." I raised my eyebrow and rolled my eyes. "I need to stop talking to myself."

I let out a frustrated groan and left the room, being stopped by Michael. He had a huge frown on his face, matching Tre's.

"Are you gonna give me shit too?"

He shook his head. "No, but I am gonna ask if you actually thought about doing this rather than just doing it out of impulse."

"Yeah, I thought about it! I'm not stupid."

Okay, not completely, but I did.

"I didn't say you were stupid. It was a question. Calm down."

I sighed and walked past him. "I just got done telling Tre I don't wanna talk about this. I don't want you on my ass about it too."

"Everyone's gonna be on it! You two got engaged and broke up! How do you expect us to act? Like everything's fine? Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not gonna happen."

I stopped and turned to him. "Listen to yourself! Who the hell are you??"

He didn't say anything and I shook my head then left. I just walked around mindlessly. Dark clouds rolled in and it smelled like rain.

I sighed and crossed my arms. "Great..."

I walked into a crappy diner and sat in the back of the place. I looked around and noticed it's the same one I went to when Mike was mad at everyone a long while ago. The same lady was working and asked what I wanted.

"Coffee... um, and a salad please."

She poured me some coffee and went off to get the salad. She brought it back and a couple different dressings and I thanked her. I picked out ranch and pretty much shoved everything down my throat right away. I wasn't actually hungry though. I kept looking around, hoping a little that Billie would come in like that day, but at the same time, hoping he wouldn't. I feel like I don't know what I want anymore.

I almost jumped out the window when I seen Billie did walk in, with Mike, Tre, and Carrie. I sank down and Carrie waved at me, smiling. She seemed oblivious to the whole situation. Mike must not have told her. Billie sat at a booth on the other side of the room, not even looking my way, and the guys sat with him. Carrie ran over and pushed me over, sitting next to me.

"Hi."

I sat up and tried to crack a smile. I don't think it was happening though.

"Hey."

She realized something was up. "You okay?"

I looked at my salad and poked at it with my fork. "I'm shocked Mike hasn't told you."

"Told me what??"

I sighed and put my fork down, pulling out some money. "Me and Billie are taking a break." I put out some money and a few bucks for tip.

"You guys broke up??"

"No, taking a break. There's a difference."

She shook her head. "Not really." I looked at her and she put her hands up. "Sorry."

I shrugged. "It's fine. Don't talk to Billie about it though. I know everyone will, and has found out, but I don't want him to know it's 'cause I'm telling the whole world. Which actually isn't what happened. I only told you and Tre."

"You guys can't do this. You're like, amazing for each other."

"It's not permanent. I'm sure we'll get back together after the band stuff calms down."

"What if it doesn't though? What if Billie finds someone else he likes?"

I frowned and ushered her out of the seat. "Thanks Carrie..." I started to the door.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that!"

I ignored her and left, seeing her through the window talking to the guys. Why would she even bring that up?