‹ Prequel: Having a Blast

Welcome to Paradise

Fell for You

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't in complete bliss. After we made up we went to the apartment. Nothing had moved. Like he though if he moved one thing, picked up on stray shirt, it'd make everything final. It became a compulsion to move things as soon as I walked in.

"I'm making you eat, you know," I said as I tossed my bags down in the living room.

He smiled, I missed it. It was all crooked and goofy, it was home.

"I'll eat every bit, if it makes you happy," he said seriously.

I smiled too and pecked his lips, but his arms wrapped around me and he deepened it.

"I've missed you so much Laney," he whispered into my hair, his chin resting on top of my head.

"I've missed you too Billie Joe. I won't ever be stupid again, and if I do, I give you permission to let Tre slap some sense into me, okay?" I said laughing.

He just hugged me closer. We stood like that for a while, then I pulled away,

"Dinner, remember?"

He pulled out a chair and slunk down in it, and watched me as I pulled things out of the cabinets. It felt like things had never changed, like our life together had been put on pause, while other us' went around making stupid mistakes. I didn't know who those people were anymore, and I didn't want to know them again. They were both pathetic without the other.

"You still gonna marry me?" he said after a while when I was pouring some flour onto a paper plate for the chicken. I

I stopped a second, then made myself busy again.

"Of course, I never second thought it," I said.

He didn't say anything after that, just watched me with this thoughtful look on his face, like he never wanted to forget this moment. I could imagine him looking back on this moment years from now and thinking how stupid we were when we were young.

I started rolling the chicken through the eggs, then the flour, then into the deep pan of oil. It sizzled and popped and I sighed, everything was so normal. Well. As normal as being pregnant with a rockstars baby and being engaged to said star. It was our normal.

"I love you," I said, looked over my shoulder.

He smiled, "I love you too Laney."

I walked over to him and sat down on his lap, he wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. He felt wrong, too thin, under me. I was going to be doing a lot of cooking to get him back to how he was supposed to be.

"I'm never letting you go again, Lane," he whispered.

I sniffled and said, "I'm never letting go again Billie."

----

After we'd ate dinner we snuggled up on the sofa together, him laying out across the length of it, me between his legs, my head resting on his chest. He had his arms wrapped around my huge belly and rubbed the spot were the baby had kept kicking. Maybe he thought the baby could feel it. This was how things should have been all along. Right? It surprised me that no one came to the apartment at all, maybe Tre had warned every one that things were going back to normal. I hoped so, the normal part. I didn't ever want to be away from Billie again, I couldn't take it, he couldn't take it, the band wasn't in any better shape either. All I could hope for, pray for, was that everything would carry on.

"I fell for you," I said.

"I caught you," he said back.

I rolled to my side in his arms and wrapped my own around his waist, resting my head on his chest still, and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super, uper, duper sorry that I've been like, MIA on the updates, things are just way too busy right now! I hate to say it, but once I start working, there's a fair chance that our lovely Billy will be doing most of my updating if I'm gone for too long like this time. :/ I'll try harder next time !