Status: let me know what you think :)

On The Edge

Chapter Ten: I Love You

I look in the mirror against my bedroom wall, examining the newly forming bruises on my shoulders and back. My father had not been at all caring, or understanding. He was pure rage and I had to suffer because of it. I am becoming annoyed with this daily routine. At the same time however, I am too afraid to call the police. It would not be a very smart decision, because then I would still have my mother to deal with. She is uncaring just like my father. Which is why it doesn't surprise me that they ended up together.

I lay down on my bed, hoping for sleep to quickly take over.

However, I would have know such luck. My phone starts beeping in it's place on my night stand. I really need to remember to turn it off at night. It's distracting from sleep that I so desperately need.

"Hello?" I say after reluctantly pressing the accept button, not even bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hey Maddie."

"Louis? Why are you calling me?"

"Niall wanted me to check on you. So are you okay?"

"One, why does he want to check on me when I left not even a half hour ago. Two, why is he not in the bed like I told him to be," I hesitate a little before continuing, "And three, I'm fine." I lie.

"You're lying."

"No I a-"

"Don't even bother trying. I can tell when people are lying. Now spill it."

"My father." I say and I hear his breath hitch, his face more than likely resembling two days ago.

"Why won't you just stand up to him Maddie?"

"I'm too scared. If I do that, he'll more than likely just be worse. Now can I please go to sleep?"

"Fine."

"Bye Louis."

"Bye Madelyn." He pauses for a moment "I love you...." and with that, the line goes dead.

He had whispered that last part so quietly, I'm not even sure if he said it. I have been known for misinterpreting things. Regardless, even the thought of it was enough to make butterflies erupt in my stomach.

My eyelids flutter closed, hoping to finally have rest.

I love you was the last thought that crossed my mind before falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think please? :)