Status: let me know what you think :)

On The Edge

Chapter Twelve: Yes

I look at the clock on my night stand. I sigh as I see it's nine thirty and there would be no way I would be able to go back to sleep now. Even with the effects of my medicine still slightly present. The worst part is that I was still tired from the fact that last night had been another restless one. Who would be able to sleep normal living the crazy life that I do?

I lay in my bed motionless for a while until, bored, I decide to get up and look for a book to read. Walking over to the book case, I grab The Hunger Games even though I had already read it who knows how many times. I had to do something to occupy my time while Niall was gone, seeing as no one else wanted anything to do with me. But of course, I was used to that by now.

'You should be' I think to myself, running my pointer finger over one of the scars on my wrist, briefly thinking how everyone abandoning me was the cause of them before finally opening the book.

I read until I decide that they boys would all be awake. Quickly throwing on a t- shirt and jeans, I ponder what I should say to Louis. I was going to have to talk to him considering that he was the main reason for my lack of sleep last night. After getting dressed, I head for the stairs, pausing for a moment until I hear the snoring signaling that my father was still asleep. Which meant I was safe. For now. Keeping that in mind, I quietly make my way down the stairs and out the door before walking across the street.

I stop short when go into the living room, seeing only Liam, Zayn, and Harry.

"Kitchen." Zayn says, already answering the question I was about to ask.

I walk towards the kitchen, pausing as I hear what sounds like arguing.

"I heard every word you said. Why don't you just leave her alone." Niall says, obviously angry

"So, you're telling me I can't like or talk to your friend? That's funny because I remember when we got here you told us to try and be friends with her."

"Now I 'm saying back off before you hurt her. You don't even know her Louis. You know nothing about her. So stop pretending."

"You don't even want to give me the chance to."

I quickly back away, hoping that they wouldn't notice that I had been listening to them. However, I knew I wouldn't have such luck when I found myself on the ground seconds later.

"Maddie?" Louis asks

"Hey. I heard you two arguing. What's going on?"

"I'm surprised that Louis here hasn't told you." Niall says before walking away to join the others.

"What was he talking about?"

"It's just that, well, I know we haven't known each other for very long, but I like you Maddie. A lot."

"What are you saying, Louis?"

"I guess I'm asking if you'll go out with me."

"Yes." I say quickly, not even considering what Niall would think.

'Stupid' I think to myself 'Do you want to possibly lose your best friends over some guy you barely even know?"