Status: let me know what you think :)

On The Edge

Chapter Thirteen: I'm Done

"Niall! I swear, if you don't open this door right now, I will never speak to you again!" I yell in an attempt to get my friend out of his room, where he had locked himself since the argument between he and Louis "It's no use boys." I sigh, looking towards the stairs "Doesn't look like he's going to be coming out any time soon."

The five of us had been trying to get him to let us in for over an hour now. I turn around and look as I suddenly hear the lock click. Finally. I don't have time to say anything as he grabs my wrist and yanks me into the doorway. Once we're both in the room, he closes and locks the door back. We stand there for a minute, staring at each other, neither one of us daring to speak. Eventually, I infer that we aren't to going to speak, based on his actions. Fed up with the entire situation, I decide to leave. I had turned and started to when he cleared his throat.

"Yes, Niall? Are you finally going to quit acting like such a drama queen and talk? Because if not, then why am I even bothering? I shouldn't have to sit here and try to sort all this out by myself. Tell me now, if you're going to just going to avoid me, and I'll leave you alone. Because you know that I can't deal with this. You're my friend, but I don't know what is going on with you. Since when do you keep secrets from me?" I say, pausing for a moment to analyze his expression before continuing "What's happened Niall? I don't like this. It isn't you."

Still not saying a word, he walks over to his bed and sits down, putting his face in his hands. My heart breaks as I hear quiet sobs coming from him, signaling that he was crying. It was rare for Niall to cry, but I feel as if it will kill me whenever it happens. In an attempt to comfort him, I quietly walk over and sit beside him. When his cries become slightly louder, my mind reminds me to beat the crap out of whoever did this to him. I lightly put my hand on his shoulder since he either didn't notice, or ignored my presence.

"Niall?"

He slowly lifts his head to look up at me, a few stray tears rolling down his cheeks, while still managing to give me a small smile. It completely amazes me how he can put on a happy front even when he's upset. That is until you look into his eyes, which reflect the hurt that he feels.

"Niall what's wrong?"

"Y-you might get upset with me if I were to tell you."

"Nonsense. You know you can tell me anything." I say, rolling my eyes at his response."

"It's about you and Louis."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, I figure you two are together, and I don't like it."

"That is none of your business, Horan. I hardly see why it should matter to you anyway."

"See! I knew you would get upset. He's just going to hurt you Madelyn! And it matters to me because you two are my friends."

"So, you're saying that Louis is a heart breaking jerk?"

"No! It's just that when, and if he ends things, it'll hurt you Maddie. He doesn't really know you. Louis doesn't know what will happen if you're upset. And I don't want you to get hurt. You're not mentally capable of dealing with those things. That's probably why you've never dated anyone before."

"Wow, Niall. Thanks for thinking so little of me, your 'friend'. I'm done dealing with this now." I say angrily.

Quickly, I make my way out of the room and down the stairs before he could say anything else. After all, he'd already said enough as it is. I decide to ignore the comments coming from the other boys as I make my way out the front door. It shocks me how, for once, I would rather be at home with my mother and father. This was very unexpected. I vaguely hear the sound of the door opening and closing behind me. Annoyed, I stop because I knew who it would be. Even though I did not want to talk to anyone right now. Not even him. A hand grips my shoulder and spins me around to face the person.

"What do you want, Louis?" I ask, narrowing my eyes as I looked at him.

"What happened?"

"Why don't you ask him?"

And with that, I turn and run into my house before he could ask me anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think, please :)