Status: let me know what you think :)

On The Edge

Chapter Four: Coffee and Awkward Conversations

"Would you like to go to Starbucks with me?"

The question had caught me completely off guard, but had seemed like a completely sweet offer. I had no idea it was coming, but I suspect it was Niall's idea. After all he was grinning like a mad man when I said I'd go. Which is why I'm sitting here at a table at Starbucks. With Louis Tomlinson. Having the weirdest conversation in history.

"So, uh what's your favorite color?" he asks breaking the awkward silence.

"Blue and Green. What's yours?"

"Red." he hesitates, thinking of another question to ask me. "Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

I sigh inwardly at the question. Not that I blame Louis for this happening.

"No. I'm an only child. Please tell me you're done with you're coffee because I don't know if I'll live if you ask me another question. Not that you're the problem it's just....." I trail off.

"I know." he says smiling. "Let's just leave."

Thank God.

"And Louis?"

"Yeah?"

"When we get back, remind me to kill Niall."

I walk into the front door of Niall's house without even knocking. I knew no one cared. This was like my second hom. After all, it was right across the street from my house. It wasn't a very big neighborhood, the one we lived in, but it was perfect for creating childhood memories.

"Niall?"

"In here."

"Can I talk to you. Alone."

Before he has time to protest, I yank him up off the couch and into the kitchen.

"Why the heck did you set up that 'date' with Louis?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." he says not looking directly at me.

"Don't play dumb with me. He said you were the one who told him to ask me. Thanks a lot for leaving me to the most awkward conversation ever."

"But you love me. And you should be thanking me."

"Yeah yeah yeah. And why should I?"

"Because you like him." he says smiling.

"Oh hush. And wipe that grin off your face, you look like a scary clown." I say before walking away, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
lemme know what you think? Please? :)