Status: let me know what you think :)

On The Edge

Chapter Five: Thank You

The decision to come here was second nature. Which explains why I walked out the door in a zombified state, not even bothering to tell my mother where I was going. It was the first place that popped into my head. The park where I used to play as a kid. I normally come here when I need some time to think, like right now.

For unfathomable reasons, I was failing all my classes in school. All my 'friends' that I used to have turned on me once they found out about my problem. Well, all except for Niall. But he would be leaving soon, so I would unequivocally fall back into having no one. My parents were obviously no help. They hadn't even bothered to take me to a psychiatrist, or a counselor. They didn't care, to be honest. My own father told me I was worthless. That I would never have any friends. Which I didn't, really.

"Madelyn?" a familiar voice says.

"Louis? What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"Niall told me I would probably find you here. He said you come here to think a lot."

"I do. So what did you want?"

"I just though you'd maybe want some company."

I sigh. He was right. It would be nice to have someone to talk to.

"Yeah. Thanks. Ever since my friends ditched me, I don't really have anyone. I'm always alone." I say, trying to hold back the tears.

"You have Niall, and..." he hesitates a moment before finishing, "You have me."

At this point, the tears fall mercilessly. I subconsiously lean my head on his shoulder, soaking his striped t-shirt.

"Thank you. Honestly, you have no idea how much that means to me. The only other person who has ever seemed like they cared is Niall. My own parents don't. On multiple occasions my father hits me when I do something he doesn't like, or if I don't do what he wants. He's abusive and he doesn't understand......"

After the words escape my mouth, I realize that I basically just told my life to someone I barely even know. Let alone someone who actually care.

"Don't worry Madelyn. I'm here for you. Don't forget that." he says catching me off guard.

"Call me Maddie. I officially consider you my friend now Louis, and thank you."

"Good.... friend." he says smiling.

As usual.

Although, I didn't expect him to care so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lemme know what you think please