Status: let me know what you think :)

On The Edge

Chapter Six: Savior

"Madelyn Rose Johnson!"

I flinch as my father yells at me, not even two seconds after I come through the door."

"Yes sir?" I ask frightened.

"Get in here!"

I walk into the living room to see him standing there, belt in hand. I gulp. It was one of the things he used when he was mad. Multiple times he's beaten me black and blue with it. The thing I honestly hate is my mother never does anything about it. She doesn't care about me, which makes her as bad as my father.

"Where have you been?"

"I was in the park.... with my friend."

"Did you ask permission to go?" he asks and when I don't answer he smacks me across the face. "Answer me. Did you ask permission?"

I gasp at the pain before I answer. It undoubetdly left a mark.

"No."

"Well aren't you being disrespectful. I am your father you will adress me as sir. Your maners should be punished." he says tossing the belt back in forth between his hands.

The next few seconds happen in a blur. I shut my eyes tight, awaiting the blow. But it doesn't come. I hear the door opening, my mothers voice, and footsteps coming towards us. My open in surprise to see Louis standing there, phone in hand, with an angry expression on his face.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you?"

"And what are you going to do about it? You honestly think you could take me?" my father scoffs.

"No. But I do have a phone that I can easily call the police with if you hurt her."

"You've got some nerve coming into my home like this, boy."

"He's not a stranger sir, he's my friend."

"I don't care."

Before my father can say anything else, I take his Louis' hand and walk out the door into the street.

"Maddie? Louis? Maddie what happened to you? Why is your face so red?" Niall asks after opening the door.

I just shrug my shoulders and walk inside, still holding on to Louis.

I'm not exactly sure what just happened. If Louis hadn't been there my father surely would have taken out absolutely all of his anger out on me. He would have done absolutely every beating techinique in the book to teach me my 'lesson' on how I needed to have better manners.

In all honesty though, one thing is for sure.

Louis Tomlinson is my savior.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know whatcha think :)