Status: let me know what you think :)

On The Edge

Chapter Eight: Horrible Feeling

I pace around my room, pondering over the things that have happened over the past three days . They haven't exactly been normal, besides the visits to the nearby park, and the daily threats and beatings from my father. The rest of the things had been completely different from my usual bland routine. For example, the way Niall had been acting. Maybe I was being a little too friendly with Louis, but it shouldn't be a reason for him to act differently. Honestly, I thought he would understand that I needed more friends, considering that he is the only one I have. As a matter of fact he told me himself to get to know his new pals. I had done my best to do just that, what he told me to do.

Ultimately, his ignoring me only adds to the feeling that everything I do is completely irrelevant and never good enough. Which I suppose, according to most people, that it never is. It's a horrible feeling, always thinking someone is mad at you, or that your the one who always screws up a situation. Which is my perspective on the whole incident with Niall. I'm the one who has been pushing him away, when I should be spending as much time with him as I possibly can. He is leaving soon, and if I don't stop ignoring him, then I will have to live with it. And I don't know if I can do that.

I know the feeling of being pushed away, and I don't want to do that to other people. I'm not going to make the ones I care about- and who in return care about me- feel the way that I do.

I am broken away from my thoughts from my phone ringing. Which frightens me a little because I rarely get calls.

"Hello?" I ask

"Maddie."

"Louis, where's Niall."

"That's why I am calling. You have to come here. Quick."

I immediately drop the phone and rush down the stairs, my mind racing a million miles a minute. The questions running through my head ranging from what happened? to is he okay?

"Where do you think you are going Madelyn?" my father calls behind me.

I ignore him and walk out the door. The back of my mind already warning me that I would no doubt pay for that later.

"Louis? Liam? Harry? Zayn? What's wrong with Niall?"

Harry grabs my arm and leads me to Niall's bedroom.

All the while the words oh no, oh no no no running through my head.

What is going on?