Status: let me know what you think :)

On The Edge

Chapter Nine: Why?

I quickly run into the door to his bedroom and gasp when I say what lies in front of me. There sat my best friend, a knife in his hand, blood dripping from his arm. He looks up with me with those intoxicating blue eyes. Eyes that normally have happiness in them, but are now clouded over with sadness. A tear rolls down my cheek at seeing him like this. It absolutely pains me to see him so hurt, and not even knowing the reason behind it. There is nothing worse than seeing the ones you love so broken.

"Niall......why?" I ask and when he doesn't answer I look over at Liam. "Go get some bandages and a wet wash cloth." I say immediately going into my 'doctor' mode.

In a few minutes Liam returns with what I asked him and I go to work on Niall's arm, despite his protests.

"Niall, I want you to answer me. Why would you do this to yourself? Do not ignore me. You know I hate seeing you hurt now tell me what's wrong."

"I've lost one of my best friends." he whimpers.

"What?"

"I've lost you Maddie."

My breath hitches at his words. I knew I had become to distant over the past few days. Now that I think about it, I had barely talked to him at all. He was only back for a certain amount of time, and here I sat ignoring him. My brain finally registers the fact that it was my fault that he did this. If I had been acting like I actually cared, it never would have happened. And I only have myself to blame for it.

"No you haven't. I'm here aren't I? You're going to have to put up with me whether you like it or not Horan. I'm not leaving." I respond, finally finding the words to say.

"That's good." he says tiredly, yet still managing a smile.

"You're tired. Get some rest, I'll see you in the morning. Be ready to handle my craziness." I say giggling slightly before kissing his cheek before walking out the doors until I was on the street heading towards my house.

I knew my father would be waiting for me. I had walked out quickly, ignoring him completely. There was no way he was going to let me get by with it.

And there was no way Louis would be able to save me from his wrath twice.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what you think? :)