Status: First short story by me, please read and comment your HONEST opinion, i hope you all like it. :)

Modern World Christ

Modern World Christ

Friday, October 30th, 2012, also known as devil’s eve is just another normal day to others, but as for a simple yet unique 16 year old girl named Lyrical, it is the best day of her life. Today was the end of her endless countdowns, endless rants and raves and fangirl sessions she had shared with her best friend Tara so many times before. However more importantly today was the day her saviours and heroes Black Veil Brides released their third album!
Ever since she was born her father had raised her on his own, but more importantly raised her on the greatest rock bands ever such as U2, Aerosmith, KISS, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest, and Queen. Therefore Lyrical had always loved, lived and breathed rock music. But it is because of this reason she has scars on her shoulders, wrists, hips, stomach and ankles, and that she has a “collection” of 69 hospital bracelets from recent visits in the past two years, due to failed suicide attempts.
Lyrical recalled the exact day Black Veil Brides saved her life. She had come home crying. Her appearance was slightly altered. She had arrived home with a swollen lip, black eye and torn clothes all because a group of cake faces, from jail A.K.A. school beat her up once more. Crying in fetal position on her bed, she reached in her bedside table and grasped her blade, pulling it out of the drawer, then placing it against her soft scarred wrist for good…ready to slice her wrist the deepest she had ever done and hope that she would hit her vein and finally bleed out of her painful dark life. She put her iPod on shuffle, cranked the speakers, and held the blade straight to her skin, finally ready to slice her skin for the last time and hopefully die! Waiting for the next song to come on, she cried harder than she ever had in her whole life. As the song switched to Saviour by Black Veil Brides, something that evening clicked in her head, the blade was hid again and Lyrical finally realized that someone actually cared if she left this world or not.
After finishing her warpaint before school, she smiled at her Christian “CC” Coma inspired masterpiece and made her way out the door. Like always, walking through the halls was a struggle, especially with all the stares, laughs and horrid names being called out. Not to mention once again, her locker was decorated with vile papers reading “EMO”, “FAG”, “OUTCAST” and even “GO KILL YOURSELF!”
Lyrical sighed to herself while saying the words to her favourite song by Black Veil Brides, Sweet Blasphemy. “We are young and we are strong, in strength in self, we’ve become something more than they can be, this is our sweet blasphemy.” So, off she went to class like usual. Little did she know her favourite period, Lunch, would bring a new meaning to the word HELL. Finally after the longest lecture ever received in the history of history classes, given by the infamous Mr. Schneebly, lunch had finally decided to free her from her misery. She arrived at her locker only to find out the halls had been deserted and the only contents in its dark hole were Lyrical and the jocks of the school. They were mostly known for their reputation of hanging out with the “Welcome Wagons” and beating up anyone non-superior to them. Lyrical could’ve sworn she saw her life flash before her eyes. Not to mention the group of gorillas were standing in front of her locker waiting for her.
As she approached them, they took no time knocking her books to the gorund, shoving her against the wall, ripping her clothes, throwing the occasional insult or even worse a punch or kick here and there. By this time she was on the ground crying in pain, pleading for it to stop, when secretly she wished she would finally die for good! At this time she also spotted her on and only friend…correction her BEST FRIEND, Tara walk by with Lyrical’s enemy, Veronica. Tara just watched as her friend lay on the floor in pain, tears, and blood. It was after they both made eye contact that Tara made sure to leave ASAP! Just as Lyrical thought all hope was lost someone yelled “STOP IT!” She looked up and saw… THE LEADER of the jocks. Alex. Milton. THE Alex she had secretly loved since grade school. After what seemed like eternity the group of gorillas finally dispersed and she was left there with her knight in not so shining jock clothes…but something about his stereotypical outfit was different. She eyed his shirt underneath his jacket only to find it was that of a Black Veil Brides one! Next thing you know he slowly leaned in close and whispered in her ear “are you okay beautiful?” He smiled as she blushed and looked down, then he caught her off guard by kissing her hand then pulling her to her feet so he could help her to the nurse’s office.
♠ ♠ ♠
here is the story :)