Status: Active.

Living a Million Miles an Hour

Hey You.

"Give me the iPad" I demanded holding out my outreached hand standing in my little brother's doorway to his room.
"No way I just got past 10 million on Temple Run! Besides, it's my time to have it." Dylan said holding the tablet close to his chest as he sat on his bed. He was right, it was his time to use the device. We used have another one, and laptops but much like everything else it was sold after the divorce. So, between mom, my little brother and I, the three of us had to share one iPad and had a strict limit of three hours each.

"You can have one of my hours but I really need to use it!" I argued

"I don't think so, Alpa." Dylan shook his head his long blond hair flew in his face.

"And why is that?" I crossed my arms

"You remember last week you took my airplane?" Dylan reminded me. I recalled confiscating the toy in question but I only took it because he was flying it around my head.

"Ugh," I groan and roll my eyes "Fine, I'll let you have your airplane just give me the tab!"

"I don't know..." Dylan squinted, I raised my eyebrow in a daring matter "Give me two of your hours and it's yours."

"That's not fair!"

"And so is life! We got a deal or not?"

"Fine!" I march over to his bedside and rip the iPad from his grasp and head out of his room.

"Bring it back after you're done and don't forget to charge it!" Dylan yelled before I slammed his bedroom door.

When I was in the comfort of my cushioned window I logged on to facetime just in time to accept my friend Marcelene's call. She flashed on the screen. Her bright red hair seemed to glow through the screen.

"Reneé!" Marcelene exclaimed once she saw me.

"Marce! I've missed you, baby girl!" I hadn't seen my friends since the move and that was nearly two weeks ago but it felt so much longer.

"Missed you too, bitch!"

"Are you talking to Reneé!? I heard a familiar voice in the background "Gimme, gimme!" The camera was snatched from Marcelene's grasp and my other girlfriend Claudia showed, her multiple piercings sparkled against the lighting of the room she was in.

"Hey girl!"

"Heyyy girllll!" We did our usual greeting

"Gimme my iPod back!" Marcelene grabbed it out her friends hand

"What are you guys doing?" I ask

"It's movie night were just waiting for Shawn to show up with the movie" Claudia said sticking her head in frame
"Speaking of the devil" Marcelene said turning the the camera over to see our guy friend Shawn showing up with grocery bags probably filled with popcorn, soda and other snacks. It made me miss them even more, I missed those movie nights hanging with my friends. Shawn was blaring some heavy music as usual.
"Hey, turn it down we are talking to Reneé!" Claudia scolded.
"Oh hey! Sorry" Shawn said turning his volume down

"Its okay, whatcha listening too?"

"Asking Alexandria" he said with a smile

"They're sick" Claudia added

"Asking Alexandria?" I repeated.

Wasn't that the name of Cameron's band?

"Yeah, you heard of them?"

"Um, yes actually...well I haven't listened to them but I've hanged with them a bit"

"You WHAT!?"

I was shocked by their intense response but then I thought it was kinda funny

"Tell me how you know them!" Shawn took Marcelene's iPod
"They live across the street I go over sometimes but I haven't in almost a week"

"I don't believe you!" Shawn accused in the midst of his fanboy moment

I grabbed my phone a pulled up a picture of Cameron and I from when we went to the beach

"Holy fucking shit....you're tellin’ the truth!"

"Of course I am!" I scoffed

“Dude, THAT’S CAMERON FUCKING LIDDLE!”

“Cam’s last name is liddel?” I hold back a giggle “Oh that’s rich”

"You lucky bitch!" Marcelene exclaimed

"Can't believe it!" Shawn shook his head "Do have their autographs?"

"No,” I shake my head then I remember “Wait. I have this" I get up from my windowsill and go to my wall where I have the kite hanging up.

"What is that?" Marcelene asked

"It's a kite, stupid." Claudia nudging Marcelene

"I know that! I'm asking why is there a random kite hanging on your wall?"
I told my friends about Cameron’s and I adventure to the beach, how it stormed, us having to stay at a hotel for the night and in the morning I made Cameron go back to the beach and retrieve the kite surprisingly it was not damaged so I made him sign it with me and put the date so we could always remember our time spent together "....see he even wrote the date funny with the date first and the month second then year last. That’s how they write it were he is from."

"That's so awesome, Get them to sign some stuff and send it to me!" Shawn said

"Maybe later. Anyways, what movie are you guys watching?" I ask laying on my bed.

"Alpa!" Dylan said bursting in my room without knocking

"Get out! I'll give you your airplane later!"

"Alpa, momma wants you now!" he explains leaning on the door.

"Tell I'll be down later I'm talking to my friends!"

"No, she said now not later" Dylan then left

"Ugh! I swear that woman never wants me happy." I groan. Every single time I start to feel happiness she comes to ruin my mood. It was like she detect me being happy and always knew when to swoop in to destroy it.

"Well, I guess we better let you go." Marcelene said they all knew my mom and her tendencies
I pouted but said my goodbyes. As I made my way downstairs I saw my mom and my grandmother sitting the living room waiting for me.

What did I do now?

"Alpa?" My mom said, I nodded "I want you invite your friend, Cameron over for dinner."

"Excuse me?" I was slightly taken back by the question so I had her run it by me one more time, maybe I hear it wrong.

"I want to meet this boy you spent a night with." My mom had such a nice way of putting the fact she thought I slept with Cameron "I just hoped you guys used protection." she sighed with a grimace and look of disappointment.

"Mom, Cam and I did NOT have sex! I don't even like him really."

"Invite him for tomorrow night, please?" My mom asked, I huffed, crossed my arms and squinted my eyes. I hadn't seen any of the guys in over a week I guess that it was opportunity to go over there with a reason.

"Oh, and invite the short one too." my grandmother added "What was his name?"

"His name is Sam." I say with a slightly smile. I haven't put thought about him that much, I forgot that I liked him because I was always things about James. I liked James the most but he already had a girlfriend. I looked my friendship ring that Sam had gave me.

"Invite him too but for a different date. We don't want them over at the same time."

"Alright, I'll go over there tomorrow" I said

"No we want you to go over there now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, Subscribe