Status: Active.

Living a Million Miles an Hour

Misery Loves Company.

I was miserably in my new room. I probably should have loved it because it was at least three times bigger than my old one. It had a walk-in closet, and adjoined bathroom. I would've have loved the room if it wasn't in Indiana, smelled like paint or on the second floor of this huge house that reeked of mothballs and had a dozen too many nicknack's.

I was sitting in my cushioned windowsill looking out the window. My room faced the  back of the property. I over saw the screened in pool that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in eighty years. The was a small maze garden with tall unkempt foliage, a few garden gnomes and stone bench that centered it. The bench looked dirty and vines covered it almost completely.

I was blasting music in my ears listening to my favorite band, Alesana, to cope with my homesick pains. Listening to Alesana had always helped me through my toughest times.

It had been a few days that passed since the move and I'd hardly left the room that was now mine. I had stared at the puke green walls so much that I knew exactly how many air bubbles they harbored. My grandmother had obviously tried her best. She had gotten me a new queen sized bed with a black frame and matching dresser/desk and wardrobe. A week before we moved she asked what color I would like the room to be painted. I said green. I didn't specify I wanted a bright or lime type of green. Now I was stuck with what I got.

"Alpa, dear" my mom said coming into my room. I pulled out my earphones. "Why don't you meet some neighbors?" She asked.

"Because I don't want too." I said looking down at the empty, dirty swimming pool.

"C'mon, I saw a few boys across the street that's about your age."

Lanky brown haired dude? I think I'll pass on that.

"I do not wish to meet anybody, mother" I stated stubbornly pulling my knees closer to my chest.

"You need new friends."

I wanted my old friends.

"I don't want new friends. I don't even want to be here" I spoke in the most unhappy voice possible, resting my forehead on glass window. I began counting how many gnomes grandma had in the unkempt maze garden.

"I'm sorry that you feel that way.  I just wish you'd get out this room and talk to someone around your age. You'd feel better" my mother fakely sympathized.

"No."

"Please?" My mom begged

"Nope."

"Please"

"Na-uh"

"Por favor?"

"Nada"

"If you don't I will take your cell phone away." She threatened.

"Fine, I'll go! However, I'm not promising to be anyone's friend."

"Thank you for at least trying"

I finally tore my gaze off of the window to my mom who was holding a platter with plastic wrap covering it. "Brownies, mother?"

She shrugged before leaving my room leaving the platter of brownies on my bed. I slipped on a pair of my beat up blue vans. I didn't bother changing from my floral, slightly frilly, white tank top and denim cut offs before marching downstairs to across the street.

I walked up the gravel driveway that had a jeep and RV parked in it. I took a deep breath, balled up my fist to knock the door that flung open before I could even finish my process.

"Oh, hello" a man with an accent I was still unsure of. He was short with reddish brown hair. He gave me a warm smile.

"Sam, is there someone at the door?" An unmistakable English accent asked not visible to my eyesight.

"Yes there is." Sam replied looking back in the house.

"Well who the hell is it, mate?" The voice questioned.

Sam looked back at me before saying "Um, who are you?"

"Renee'" I answered

"It's Renee', Ben"

"Who the fuck is Renee'?" Ben asked coming to the door. He saw me and his expression change from confusionto one that held a slight smile. "Well, hello there" Ben said in  nicer tone.

"Hello" I greeted

"I'm Ben" he properly introduced himself. He extended his hand to take mine as he bowed slightly and kissed the top of my hand lightly. His light blue eyes stared in my brown ones as he did so. I admit I was little creeped out but I didn't yank my hand away like I wanted too.

"Sam, Ben, are guys ready? I'm starving" another accented voice said.

"Yeah Danny, we where just meeting Renee'." Sam explained. 
 
"Who are you?" Danny asked bluntly, eyeing the platter of brownies suspiciously.

"I just moved here a few days ago. I guess I'm your new neighbor"

"We're about to go pick up some food but I suppose you could introduce yourself to the rest of the guys" the one named Danny said dismissively then walked away. Ben followed behind him to the Jeep without giving me such as a second glance.

"Don't fret over those two." Sam said regaining my attention "They're a lot nicer when they get used to you."

I doubted that, because after I handed these brownies over, I planned on leaving.

"Okay. I was wondering if it was something I said."

"No. Let me show you inside." Sam said before yelling at his friends to wait up for him.

Inside I was almost taken back. The place wasn't messy really, but I could tell mostly men resided there. There several guitars, keyboard/synthesizers, amplifiers, and drum parts scattered about.

  And that's when I saw him. Lanky dude siting on the couch with a guitar in his lap.

"Cam, this is Renee'. Renee' this thing right here is Cameron" he introduced us before leaving.

"Didn't I see you like three days ago?" He questioned.

Yes. "I don't know. Maybe" I lied shrugging my shoulders.

"So what brings you to the Sturgis household, Renee'?"

"I just move here a few days ago. My mom wanted me to come over and give someone these" I extended my hands.

Cameron peeped on the platter before saying "Follow me" I did as instructed and followed him. I ended up in a kitchen. Cameron got out two saucers and cups. I found myself creepily observing Cameron again as he pulled out a half-gallon jug of two percent milk and fill each glass halfway. I started to pull out a chair when I heard drumming?

"Is that-" I began but Cameron answered my unfinished question.

"Yeah,  it's James. It's his day to record." Cameron explained as he first placed a brownie on my saucer before his.
 
"Recording for what?"

"Our newest album, of course" Cameron said nonchalantly.

"Oh, that's cool" I said lamely

"I'm guessing no one informed you that we're all in a band?" It should've been obvious. All the instruments, equipment and guys living in one place. I shook my head "Typical" Cameron muttered before taking a bite of a brownie.

"What's your band name?"

"Asking Alexandria" he said. It definitely rang a bell in my cerebrum. Alesana did a song with them. "Have you heard of us? I'd like to think we're rather famous"

"I believe I've listened to Hey, There Mr. Brooks. Alesana is my favorite band."

"Then you'd probably enjoy us"

"I just might" I cracked a smile. Lanky guy wasn't that bad after all. I actually started to enjoy his company when I'd seen the most attractive guy thus far walk in to the kitchen, and he wasn't even wearing a shirt! He smiled at me and said "Hello"

"Hey" I managed to say before pretending to do something on my cell phone.

"You got brownies!" I heard James exclaim. He definitely had the deepest voice amongst all of his band mates.

"Renee' made them for us"

"These are fucking delicious" James said with a mouthful. "Thanks, Renee'." He waved before leaving.

"No problem, anytime" I said taking all my moms brownie credits. "What?" I asked Cameron who had sly smirk plastered on his face.

"Oh, nothing." he sighed with heavy sarcasm rolling his eyes.

"Whatever," I mumbled getting having not touched the brownie Cameron served me.

"Hey, where you going?"

"Home!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you KillJoySynner for the comment! & to the three that subscribed yesterday :3

Also additional thanks to my dear friend LadiRainiCarm for doing this pimp layout for me! She does request so def hit her up if want a story layout as awesome as mine ;)

Subscribe? Comment! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine