Status: Active.

Living a Million Miles an Hour

911.

"Who are you marrying?" Mom asked as she rinsed off another dish.

"Huh?" I questioned and stopped drying the glass. My mom pointed to my friendship ring "Oh, Sam found it last week when we where looking for my cell phone" I explained. Sam had originally placed the ring on my index finger but it felt better on my ring finger.

"He gave it to you?" Mom asked, I nodded. She grabbed my hand and further examined it. "This is a real gold and diamond ring!" mom stated the obvious. Yeah, I know it was real but that wasn't what made it special to me, it was the fact that he gave to me. "Maybe you could pawn it?" Mother suggested. How could she even say that!?

"No way!" I said possibly to loud and quickly. Who knew such a simple question could get me so flustered. My mom raised her hand, I flinched knowing I'd probably get a slap in the mouth for raising my voice. But the punishment never came. She lowered her hand.

"It can't mean that much to you. Besides, you know how much we've had to sacrifice to get here."

It was true. We had sold so much just to get here. I sold all my CD's, a lot of my clothes, and even my bass. That was the hardest thing to part with, my bass was my baby and I begged for an entire year for it before I got it on Christmas when I was fifteen.

I was about to attempt to explain my sentimental feelings for the ring when my grandmother came into the kitchen, Thorton trailing behind her as usual only this time he had a leash hooked on his old leather collar.

"Hey, grams" I greeted. She smiled at me.

"Alpa, would you mind taking Thorton for a walk?"

"A walk?" I repeated. The old lab looked so old and decrypted I wasn't sure if the dog could make it out the drive way before it killed over.

"Of course Alpa doesn't mind, mom" my mom just volunteered me. I fucking hated when she did that.

"You're going to need these." grandma handed me a box of 'doggie bags' and left briskly.

Thorton surprisingly made it out of the driveway. He was marking his territory around the mailbox.

It was ridiculously windy that day. My bangs kept flying in my face and there wasn't anything I could to about it because my bangs were long enough to disrupt my vision but too short to be pulled behind my ear. Though it was windy it the sun was particularly bright and it made my ring glisten again. I looked at it once more.

I wonder how much it's worth? I asked myself. I hated myself for even considering it but then I wondered if it was enough to buy a good used bass. I missed playing that instrument so much. It took my mind off my troubles.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to read the screen that said '2 unread messages from Cameron'.

When the hell did I get Cameron's number?

I opened it the messages
Cameron: Renee', can you come over now?
Cameron: It's an emergency!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I am aware this is the worst filler chapter in the entire universe but I haven't been feeling well as of late so I don't know when I'll update again. So I guess I'm posting this short filler as a little heads up.

Thank you
kristinaamo for being the only person to comment on my last chapter :)

Comment? subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine