Status: New && In Progress

Burn Me Away

I Need A Favor

He waltzed into the band meeting with his beanie pulled down so far on his head that it nearly covered his eyes. Through his blue-gray lenses he saw them looking at him and he just nodded.

"Glad you made it." Shawn said with a nod and faint smile. "And on time, no less."

"Yeah, told you I'd be here. We starting yet?"

"In a minute..."

"I'm gonna grab a soda." He wove his way down the halls towards the drink machine.

"Hey dude." Paul said as his friends quarters clinked in the machine. He pressed he buttons to choose his drink then finally turned to answer.

"Hi."

"You all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He picked up his can of soda as it fell to the bottom of the machine.

"I heard about Jen." Corey popped the top on his beverage and offered Paul no more than a sideways glance. "I'm sorry, man."

He nodded, "Thanks but I'll be ok."

Paul's head shook as Corey just walked off. Quickly, he got a soda of his own and hurried to join the rest of the guys for their meeting.

Plopping down in the chair next to Craig, Corey settled in for their discussion. In great detail, the talked about working on the next album and a small winter tour that was being put together for them. He seemed to be chiming in to their conversation as necessary which honestly surprised Shawn. Maybe he was dealing with the breakup a little better than the eight of them were going to give him credit for.

He wasn't home five minutes. In fact, he'd barely had time to pull the cap of his head and walk halfway up the stairs before the doorbell rang. Rolling his eyes, he backtracked and went to see who on earth would be waiting for him at the door and when he swung it open he was surprised. The both of them just kind of stood there staring at each other for a couple of minutes before the silence finally broke.

"Hello Craig." He said in an annoyed tone that cued his friend to finally open his mouth.

"You busy?"

He shook his head, "I literally just got home." He noticed the way Craig was looking over his shoulders almost constantly and how fidgety he seemed to be as he stood on the front porch.

"I need a favor."

He squinted his blue eyes, "This must be serious. You barely talk let alone ask people for favors."

"My friend needs a place to stay."

"You're kidding, right?"

He shook his head, "She's in trouble and just needs to hide out for a little while."

"Craig, this is really not the best time for me to be harboring a fugitive." He tried to joke. "I've got too much going on right now..."

"I wouldn't even be here if I didn't think it was important."

"She's your friend. Why don't you take her to your place?"

"That's the first place he'd look..." He sighed.

"He? Craig......are you hiding this girl from a person?"

He nodded slowly, "Her husband...."

"Jesus fucking Christ. Her husband?"

"Look, you said yourself, I never ask anyone for anything. And if this wasn't dire, I wouldn't be asking now. She's got a daughter, man. And I need them hidden until this guy gets caught. If he finds them, he'll hurt them."

"Okay, okay, fine. They can stay here just-"

"Great! They're in the car." He said scampering off to his SUV.

"Well, damn good thing I said 'yes' then." Corey said rolling his eyes.