Status: This is a new fan fiction I am writing. I hope you enjoy it :)

OverExposed: Making Me Love You

Tickets

Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else


I bobbed my head to the beat of the music as Adam Levine serenaded me. Well, maybe not me personally, but a girl could dream right? I ran up the steps to Ashley’s apartment, skipping every other step. Kennedy had called asking if we could all meet up somewhere. My place was a no go since at the moment I had my boyfriend crashing with me and Kennedy’s place was…well…it looked like a tornado had swept through the place. Which left Ashley’s place.

Ashley and I were still in the gray area as to what was going on with Kennedy, but we figured it had to be something pretty important if she was calling us to meet up as soon as humanly possible.

I drove for miles and miles
And wound up at your door
I've had you so many times but somehow
I want more


I reached the top of the staircase and danced my way down the hallway to Ashley’s door.

I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And—


“She will be loved! She will be lo-o-o-oved!” I sang at the top of my lungs as I burst open Ashley’s door. From where she sat at the dining room table, I saw her shoulder’s tense up as she slowly turned in her seat to glare at me. Yeah…I kind of wasn’t the one to knock on her door.

“Leave. Now.” Ashley demanded pointing her finger at the door I had just entered through.

“Awh, but why?” I mockingly pouted closing the door behind me. Her eyes narrowed into dark blue slits like I was stupid for asking that question. I removed the headphones from my ears and unplugged them from my phone after shutting off my music.

I walked through her living room to the small attached dining room where she sat at the table texting. I pulled out a chair, spun it around, and straddled the seat. I rested my forearms on the back of the chair.

“You act like you don’t enjoy listening to Maroon 5,” I told her watching as she sent her text message.

“Not when you’re ruining Adam Levine’s voice with your screeching,” she replied flatly.

I grabbed at my heart in mock pain. I dramatically removed an invisible knife from my chest and threw it to the ground. Ashley rolled her eyes and went back to messing with her phone. I glanced around her small apartment before whipping my own phone out of my pocket and checking the time.

“I’m guessing we’re still waiting on Kennedy?” I sighed pulling up my message inbox.

“Yupp,” Ashley agreed popping the ‘p’.

Before I could send a message to Kennedy, there was a loud pounding on the door. My eyes clashed with Ashley’s.

“Think it’s her?”

“Either that or a horde of zombies are trying to break down my door,” Ashley sighed getting to her feet. As soon as she reached the door and turned the doorknob, Kennedy burst through the entrance, her deep auburn flying about her face. Her light blue eyes locked on with me and a wide smile spread across her freckled face.

She dashed over to where I was sitting and gripped my shoulders tightly in her hands. Her face was flushed red like she had run all the way over here. As I thought about it, she probably had biked here.

“Oh my gosh, Alyce, you won’t believe what I’m about to tell you!” she shrieked excitedly in my ear.

“Well, I’ll probably believe you I just won’t be able to hear you anymore,” I sarcastically replied placing a palm over my now ringing eardrum.

“Sorry,” she apologized with a giggle. Ashley came back over to join us as Kennedy sat down opposite me.

“Ok, guys, are you ready for this?” Kennedy warned.

Ashley and I met eyes before I sighed. “Yes, Kennedy, just tell us.”

“Guess who is coming to the university to play over at the music hall?”

“Kennedy…just tell us,” Ashley said point blank.

“Fine, Miss Party Pooper,” Kennedy pouted sticking her tongue out at her. It was hard to believe she was 23 sometimes. Kennedy sucked in a large breath glancing between us one more time.

“MAROON 5!!” she squealed bouncing around in her seat. My eyes went wide.

“Are you serious?!” I yelled slamming my hands down on the table. Ashley glared at me as some of her water threatened to spill out of her glass.

“Yupp,” Kennedy said popping her ‘p’. “And guess who got us tickets?” she sang.

I beat a fist against my heart as I feigned to restart it.

“Oh my god!” I breathed.

“ME!” Kennedy shouted excitedly. Soon both of us were dancing in our seats with happiness. The only one who didn’t join in was Ashley. She merely stared at us like we were a bunch of idiots. Which, I suppose, to her we were at the moment.

“When is the concert?” Ashley calmly asked.

“A week from today,” a goofy grin spread across Kennedy’s face; a twinkle brightened her light blue eyes.

My hand shot up like I was an eager student in class ready to answer the professor’s question. “I’m so there!” I quickly replied.

Kennedy shot her puppy dog eyes over to Ashley. When she wasn’t giving in, Kennedy motioned for me to do the same. So I turned to her, my eyes growing wide as I pushed my bottom lip out. Ashley rolled her eyes.

“Fine, but only because it’s Maroon 5 and I didn’t have to pay for the tickets.”

“So where are the seats located?” I eagerly asked.

“Front row. DEAD. CENTER,” Kennedy said proudly.

“I freaking love you!” I squealed running around the table to wrap my arms around her neck in a tight hug.

“I know,” she giggled.

Holy crap, I was going to get to see Adam.

Finally, I was going to see him up close and personal after so many years. Ever since that day eleven years ago, that voice of his had been engrained in my mind. On the day I had heard him singing over the radio it had made my heart ache knowing whom it belonged to. I regretted not having him walk me home, but a lot of things have changed since then. Ever since I heard his band, Maroon 5, had gone famous I had been following their rise to fame hoping one day I could see them perform live. Just like he had guaranteed me so long ago.

I had never told anyone of that day since I knew they probably wouldn’t believe me. And that was ok. As long as I had that memory to hold onto, then that was all I needed. Now, here I was eleven years later hugging my friend Kennedy while Ashley shook her head at us. She thought I was hugging her because she had bought us tickets to see Maroon 5, but she was doing so much more than that for me. She was allowing me to see Adam again.

I held no hope in my heart that he might remember me. It had been eleven years after all and a lot about me had changed. It would still be nice to see him again though. Watch him pour out his emotions into his lyrics. Of course it wouldn’t be the same as that day I had met him strumming his guitar and singing purely alone. No back-up vocals or any fancy work done to make his voice change. That day in the woods, it had been purely Adam.

A week from today…I’d be able to look into those hazel green eyes again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, please, please comment! Let me know what you think so far! :)
Image