Status: Please keep in mind that I did not create this story from ordinary inspiration. Instead it came from a nightmare.

Pair of 3

Sanctified

1…

Morgan, what if I told you that everything in your dreams are real?

The way you have those nightmares or sweet dreams. What If, I said they can all be true? Would you believe me? Or would you say that I was crazy? Because… I have seen it happen before. I’ve saw the realities of your dreams and nightmares. It’s scary Morgan. I’m telling you… They are real. But no… No, one believes me. You’ve even silenced me in your dreams. You’ve sewn my mouth shut, and closed off my eyes. You’ve sewn the rest of my senses shut too. So, what now? Why did you do it? Do you not want me to see what you were doing to them? Do you want to hide yourself from me? Tell me Morgan… Why can’t I be a part of you? The part of you that saves you? Tell me Morgan. What is it? What about this… This thing you are doing… What part of it are you actually enjoying? Do you do it for my sake? Is it even for your own? Tell me Morgan! Speak! God dammit!

“What Swan?” Morgan yells out agitated by the Swan is badgering him. “What is it that you want me to say? It was never like that. I was never like this… You know that.” Swan stands silent for a moment and then continues. “Yes, I know Morgan. I always knew that you have the kindest heart I know. So then why are you doubting me?!?! Why are you making this my fault? Morgan… “No Swan. STOP. Do you never question death? Were you never curious as to why our parents may have said their vows to each other at the age of 8? Have you never wondered what that meant? Or what could have possibly slipped through their minds at the exact moment? What it could have felt like? “Morgan. Of course, I have always questioned it. Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean what you did to them can be excused.” Morgan raises his voice ever so slightly. “But Swan! Am I truly the crazy one here or is it you?” Swan cuts in. “What.. I never saw myself as a monster.”

Morgan cuts Swan off. “You were always the one who pointed their finger at me. I never judged you Swan. I never said anything to you when you sliced them open. You said they were close. That we had to be closer to know what it felt like. You wanted to know. Not me. Swan stops him, stammered at his words.” Morgan, what are you saying? Do you not remember the incident that started all of this? The love that you wanted to taste. Mom and dad have always said it tasted as sweet as honey. “Swan, you were the one that was curious about the taste. You were always curious. So why drag me in to your twisted reality. My reality isn’t twisted you are just hateful. You are confused Morgan! No I’m not Swan! You are a liar, a cheat and a psycho. You need help Swan. That’s all there is to it. Your reality is no different from your mind. So how about it Swan? Let’s see if you can handle it. Why don’t I just disappear. Morgan? Morgan?! Morgan?!?!

Where are you? Are you there Morgan? Stop playing with me. Stop lying to me. Morgan? Fine. Disappear. Divulge in your own self-pity. Like I care to see you anymore.

A knock at the door calls her back to reality. Ms. Swan. A voice calls out. Stephen peaks his head through the slightly opened door and calls out once more. It’s time for the next exertion. I’ll be right there Stephen. Now time to cut out the new face. Danni come here please. Danni stands behind Swan’s body combing her pale blonde hair. Prepare the guest and my doll. I had it polished and waxed for my next exertion. Also Danni prepare my machines. “Yes, Ms. Swan.” Now send Alice to me. “Right away, Ms. Swan.”

Alice? “Yes, Swan?” Oh good. You have arrived. Can you be a dear and hand me my pair of eyes? Gladly. “Would you like them watered down before you put them in?” If you would please, Alice. Yes, Swan. So who are you taking apart today and recreating? Conner is my guest today. I wouldn’t call him a guest exactly.

Well to make them comfortable we call them guests. Call it what you may but the results are still the same. I know Alice. I was your second “guest” remember? And look how beautiful you turned out Alice. I know. A shade of ivory toned skin, pale blue marble like eyes, an hourglass figure, Honey Brown hair, thick eyelashes, Rosy Pink full lips and long slender fingers. Even my personality was fixed. A perfect doll in your collection. Isn’t that right Swan? Yes, I guess in many more ways than one. But admit it, you are no longer a living vegetable. You are now a high-class, living, breathing, pliable doll. You have a better life now. Do you not agree, Alice? I guess.
The way I see it you have a new chance now and death isn’t a problem for you anymore. No more deadly diseases and cancer. You can put all of the human race behind you. Although death is still not in your hands. In addition you don’t have any scars, there’s no mess and you are no longer on a hospital bed.

You can fully function and live as any dumb “human” can. That is true, but I have to say none of this could have happened if it wasn’t for you and Morgan. Yes well, you know the rules. The one and only most important rule, be careful when you want to age. You can never be too sure when you go too forward or too backward. I know. I know. You’ve warned us plenty of times. Yea but which one of you actually listens to my warnings? Just the other night Cell died because she broke the rule and was discovered. Yea well Cell wasn’t so smart about her decisions. She was up to something I’m sure of it.
So how is your love life? Anything new from the last visit? Not really. Alex is good. He’s been very loving and nurturing. Although he is still constantly asking about my age. He repeat over and over again how I haven’t aged a day since we’ve met. You haven’t been ordering the pills have you Alice? Well no… I didn’t feel like I needed to. Who says you need to age all the time? Yea but you can’t go too long without changing something. How long do you think you can keep deceiving him if you don’t at least keep up with your appearance, Alice?

I know Swan. But I was thinking. Maybe it’d be better if he knew the truth; as to why I’m like this. I mean you are running out of dolls. Alice adds jokingly. Why not just add another one to your collection? Yes well, even then. Do you think he would ever be prepared for this? I only take those who have a connection to me. And anyways you know what will happen, if you do tell him. He will be mine as soon as he signs that contract, with his blood. Yeah… Alice grimaces. But what’s killing me is the fact that he is so curious. Warn him, Alice. Unless he doesn’t mind being my doll. Well now, Swan. What? Swan turns around and shoots Alice a puzzled look. Do you want to add now? It couldn’t hurt, Alice. Of course it keeps me vibrant and young.

“Swan.” Yes, Alice? “Where is Morgan?” Ugh. Don’t mention that name around me. Did something happen between you two? He’s just taking a walk on the wild side for a while. “Is there something going on Swan?” No, just forget about him. It’s not like he is going to come here any ways. “Why? What happened?” I don’t know Alice. I think I pissed him off somehow. But you and Morgan are always together. I know but today was pretty bad. He’s going into that state again. He’s probably thinking of Ivy. Even Logan is not on my mind all the time. Or ever, she whispers to herself. Swan you have to understand. Our psyche never grew older. We never age until we choose to. So there’s nothing that can stop him from thinking of Rose. I know. But fuck. I’ve tried everything. I have tried being with him. I tried making him happy. But he just never saw me that way. I don’t know what to say or do anymore. Even though we share a mind. He doesn’t have to blame everything on me…

Well just concentrate on Logan then. He really is your knight in shining armor. He waits on you constantly and goes to the ends of the world to do just about anything for you. Logan is great. He always is. But he’s not Morgan. He does not have my heart like Morgan does. Swan did you ever try forgetting about Morgan? I’ve tried! A thousand times. Over and over again in my head. It’s never that easy Alice. When he was my lover before I changed into this… I wanted to be everything he wanted. I was so happy being his. I wanted him to have all of me. Because he was all I could ever ask for. Unfortunately, I was never certain enough how he actually felt…

“Swan. You are perfect the way you are. Why do you tear yourself up every time you hear Morgan’s name or something associated with him?” How am I perfect Alice? Am I every one’s desire? Swan, you are way more. No guy can ever look at you as anything less than an absolute dream. You see? An absolute dream. She stalks over to the mirror. You make it sound like as if I was a ghost. That I can NEVER be reached. This bitterness makes me unlovable. You don’t get it Alice. And what’s that Swan? What is it that I don’t get? EVERYTHING!! My life was never a perfect little circle like yours. I can’t win the heart of the guy I wanted. No matter how I perfect everyone and their lives I could not win their hearts.

I have jars and jars of them. But out of all of them I don’t own a single one. Swan… Your tears. They’re stained red. Oh. Well it’s nothing to worry about. It’s just a minor condition. A minor condition?!?! Are you sure you are not sick? Alice, don’t be silly. We can’t get sick. No matter what we do. So not to worry, I’ll be fine by morning. Now prepare for the party. Party? We are having a party? Yes the new exertion is coming so we need to prepare the last night for our “guest”. Right… How come you never prepared a party for my time? Well you were one of the first experiments. I was not so in touch with my senses and was not sure if you were even going to survive. Nonetheless, turn out this beautiful. Alright.

What dress would you want? Can you hand me the dress Danni laid out for me? This one Swan? Alice holds up a pale pink , strapless night gown. The gowns pieces all met at one shoulder, held together by a delicate flower design, falling out into intricate hoops that fold over endlessly. Each tug and pull of the dress was made to fit Swan’s perfectly shaped body. Do you want to borrow a dress Alice? Or do you have one in your room? Swan. Your dresses are all designed to fit you. I can never pull one off. You are honestly the angel of a devil. Swan grazes over the marble floor of her bedroom from the edge of her luxurious queen sized bed to a night stand covered in the world’s most expensive makeup. You’ve created a tower from nothing Swan. You have some amazing gifts.

Well you know creating life out of what was dying has its toll on a person. “Knock, Knock!” Swan my dearest princess. Jacque? What are you doing here? I thought you wouldn’t be back from England till Fall. Yea well, I decided to surprise a certain someone by coming back early. Aren’t you glad that I’m here mon cheri? Oh Jacque, why are you always showing up out of the blue. I’m never sure when you would pop up. Good thing I always have a guest room prepared for you in case you do. Danni!

Yes, Ms. Swan? Can you please escort Jacque to his room so he can prepare for tonight’s party? Of course, Ms. Swan. Oh is everything prepared for this evening? Yes, everything has been set up Ms. Swan. Good, thank you Danni. You may leave. Yes, please follow me Mr. Crevae. Right away, I’ll see you later Swan. “Mwah” Bye, Jacque. Well Swan, I think I’ll go to my room as well. Awe leaving so soon Alice? Yea, I need to get ready remember? “Crystal!!” Yes, Swan? Go help you sister pick out a dress. What? That’s such a drag. She can do it herself. Crystal just go. You can go do her makeup too. But… You are one of the best makeup artists I know now go make her beautiful. I’m counting on you. Okay. She stalks out of the room all cheerful-like tainted with a hint of jealousy. Well thanks Swan.

Of course, I can’t leave you looking like a hot mess after your long trip of getting here. See you. Alice exists the room with barely a tap on the marble floor as she carefully slides the door to a close. Finally alone. God. What am I ever going to do with you Morgan. I can never get you out of my damn mind. Even when I can’t hear you anymore. Swan? Who are you talking to? Huh?!?! Oh its only you Logan… You gave me a heart attack. Hah. It’s not like you even had a heart to begin with. That’s not true. I had a heart once. A long time ago… But someone stole it from me. They never gave it back so I turned into a doll. Of my own creation. I know baby. I know. Your tragic love story that you wouldn’t even share with me. It saddens me though. Why can’t your love be with me? You’ve already taken my heart. And I am more than happy to give it to you. But you’ve just never fully accepted it. Can’t you see that I only exist for you?

Logan… It was never like that. You were never in love with me until I made you. Until I had to take your heart out to give you this body… You don’t love me. It’s all a misunderstanding. An illusion. So then why do you keep me at the edge of your fingertips? Why do you keep me on edge every time? I feel like I’m ready to jump the gun at any moment. At your command, I’d just do anything. Are you really in love with me Logan? Or are you just blind because I have not given your eyes back? Swan… Look at me. If this feeling. Whatever the fuck it is. If this feeling is real. And I accept it, then just let me be the only one by your side.

I don’t ever want to see another guy near you. I don’t’ think I can ever accept that. Even if you are not the one for me Logan? Swan. If I have to fight off a million guys just to stay by your side then so be it. Because what I feel is real. And I know from the bottom of my heart that I can comfort you like no one else could. Until you let me, I’ll be as persistent as ever. Can I kiss you? Hmm… If you wish to. Logan leans in closely with his eyes closed shut. He gently presses his lips against Swan’s own strawberry pink lips and waits to take in the taste. He backs away immediately after feeling the urge to go further. Well then. If you don’t mind. I have to get ready for the party. Swan. Your natural beauty is already breathtaking. Hahaha. You make me laugh. I have no natural beauty. None of us do. At least not the natural part. Well you are beautiful. So come on. Take a walk with me before we go into the crowd.

Why? Just because. I just want some time with you. I never get any time with you Swan. In between exertions, parties, outings, and everything else in your life, you never make any time for me. If you are going to keep me by your side, you might as well make time for me. I will in a later time. I don’t want to keep hurting you though. I feel like every time you get that hurt look in your eyes… I feel like… Like I did something horrible and I feel terribly guilty. But if you are willing to stay by me like this… Then I guess I’ll just have to accept that.

Swan… Why do you look so sad? Like you’ve been in incredible amounts of pain… I’m in a tremendous amount of pain. I don’t really know what to do anymore. This life is constantly moving. I hope to progress in the future. But I don’t want to keep hurting others. Like I’ve hurt you. So can you just let me have a moment to myself before we go? Yes… Of course. I’ll be in my room. Come to me when you are ready to head downstairs. Okay, Logan. She sighs to herself as he exits quietly out of the room. This world really is taking its toll on me. What do I do now? I feel like I’m fucking up every day. The disappointed faces of those who are close. Sigh… I guess there’s nothing I can do but do what I do best. She slowly leans into the mirror to stare at her pale glaring reflection.

“ You are Swan Bennett. You are the doll maker and no one can stop you. For those who have caused you pain. You shall change them and make them into dolls. For those who are in pain you shall have the compassion to give them a new life. Now go out there and make another change in this world. “ She hesitates for a moment before getting out of her chair. Swan gives one last look at her appearance and sighs. No matter what, I have always been this way. She immediately snaps out of her seat, letting her dress twirl into a perfect circle and grazes over the marble steps heading out the door. “Knock… Knock…” Yes? Who is that? It’s me. Swan. I’ll be right there. Logan hurries along and shuffles to the door in a hurried manner. He opens the door and let’s Swan in. Hey darling do you mind? He gestures to his shirt. Between the flaps, rows of buttons and holes his prominent chest stayed straight moving only an inch every time he breathed in and out.

Logan was never really muscular but he was well put together. Swan designed him to be a model of a “perfect man” for her preferences. Logan had a prominent jaw line, Hazy Green eyes, Dark Sandalwood hair that came in prevalent waves slicked back with the world’s best mousse. Most of the time he dresses for comfort and on occasions he dresses to impress. However tonight Logan dressed in a more taunting masculine manner. A manner that would make any man or woman a live question, who would be lucky enough to be his date tonight. I guess… Swan drags her feet and walks through the door heading towards the dresser that he was leaning against. Why the long face? I thought I gave you time to get your mood better. He shoots her a concerned look. Yea, well my mood doesn’t change that easily. You should know that. It seems to me today’s mood is much worse than any of the other times that I have seen. What is wrong my dear? He lifts her chin so that his gaze aligns with hers. It’s nothing to worry yourself over.

I’m fine. Just too much on my mind. So where is this beloved Morgan of yours? I haven’t seen him since a day ago. I don’t think he’s coming tonight. But why? Isn’t today’s exertion his half-brother’s? His half-brother? What are you talking about Logan? I thought you knew this. Before Morgan’s dad married your mother, Morgan’s dad got around. You’ve never bothered to ask him did you? Well he disappeared this morning so I didn’t have a chance. Well ignore what I said then. Let’s just go to the party. Yea.. She slowly finishes off his last button right under his collar bone. She glances over his shoulder out the window as she mindlessly straightens out his outfit. He pulls her in again and leans in for a kiss. Just as his lips met hers, her gaze broke away from the window and averted to his closed eyes. She gently pushes him off. Logan… Why did you do that? What I can’t kiss the woman I love? Is that a crime? No, it’s not. But you know the consequences of falling in love with a woman like myself. I know and I’ll be your henchman for the rest of my life as needed. Now let’s go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please feel free to comment. :K