Live While We're Young

A Day Out

In the hotel, we were all practically in one corridor. In the corner suite nearest the stairs was Lou and Lux. In the neighbouring suite was Niall. Opposite him was Liam. Next door to Liam was Andy and next to him was Harry. Across from Andy was Zayn and next to Zayn was next to Louis. I was next door to Louis and opposite from me was Paul Higgins (their security guard). There was a neighbouring corridor with other members of their band and the dancers and the make up team. It was quite good that we were all on one side of the hotel, as it was easy access to each other where work was concerned. The jetlag was starting to set it. I always hated it. All of the others did too. There was really nothing to stop it - it was just an experience we all had to go through when we caught a flight. As it was late in LA, I decided to try to get to bed. I lay there for a long time. After a long time I finally drifted off, but my alarm went off far too soon. I groaned and turned it off. I slammed my head back into my pillow and stared back in the ceiling feeling like death. I heard the traffic outside crawl along the street. After lying there for what wasn't long enough, I rolled out of bed and trudged to the bathroom to get ready. I hated the way that I looked in the mirror, so I jumped into the shower and changed before anyone came to the door.

Half an hour later the door knocked loudly.

'Oh, come on! There's another hour before rehearsals!' I moaned, opening the door. I saw Harry's face grinning back as he leaned against the door frame.

'We had a bet, I believe?'

'Yeah...'

'Well, grab your bag and your room card and come with me!' he chuckled.

We ran from the room, down numerous flights of stairs to the lobby. He led me out of the huge doors, through the streets of LA, teaming with people.

'So, I thought we'd start off with something nothing to big, just breakfast out and maybe take you shopping afterwards,' he smiled. I could tell he wasn't trying too hard do he wouldn't look too desperate in trying to gain my appreciation.

'Oh, thanks,' I smiled back, as he led me into a cafe. I ordered an omelette and coffee, where as he ordered a full breakfast with a tea. It was funny, sitting there and talking about the most random of things. He started doing impressions of the other members of the band, then Paul, then Lou, then the other dancers. I almost choked several times during the one meal due to laughing at him. Not once did he ask if I found him annoying anymore. I think he thought that if he'd have asked, I would have thought he was annoying. Also, I said I'd give him a week to prove to me.

'I'm really quite full now,' I laughed. He chuckled.

'Can't be as bad as me. You haven't had a LA version of a full English!' he joked.

We left the cafe and took a slow stroll around the streets. There was a large department store ahead. We entered and the first thing we saw where many girls.

'Oh, um, excuse me...ca-can I have a picture? Please?' asked a shy little fan. She was very pretty, I though.

'Yeah, alright babe,' he smiled. I could tell he didn't really want to at that time.

'Would you like me to take the picture?' I asked her, assuming there was no one else with her.

'Oh, well, if you don't mind,' she blushed. I took her phone and took the picture. I stared down at the picture and heard the girl whisper something.

'Is she your girlfriend?'

'Oh...erm...no...' I looked up slowly and smirked. He leaned over to her again as I checked the photo and locked the girls phone. 'But I'm working on it.' I snapped my head up and handed her her phone as she thanked us and walked off grinning. I stared at Harry.

'What?' he questioned.

'What did you say to her?'

'Just told her you weren't my girlfriend,' he shrugged, blushing some more.

'Right...'

We walked around all of the different stores. Harry decided to get a handful of clothes off of a shelf and drag me to a changing room. He went in instead of me. I had my phone out and when he emerged, I took a photo of him in women's clothes.

'Oh god, Harry, that's terrible!' I laughed, doubling over with tears streaming down my cheeks.

'Jesus, how do you girls wear these things?' he squirmed, re-adjusting the awkwardly cut top around the chest and back.

'It's called having boobs that full the awkward areas,' I winked. He huffed.

'Well, how do the flat chested ones fill them?'

'They get smaller sizes!'

'I'm going to get this off before-' there came a slight tearing sound. I looked around to the side of him as he tensed up. 'Too late!'

'Quick! Get it off and get it on a hanger! God, you are an idiot!' I hissed, shoving him back through the curtain. He stumbled out minutes later fully clothed and shoved the clothes into my hands. We stuffed them onto the railings. We awkwardly left the shop trying not to cause suspicion before doubling over laughing again. I took out my phone and started to scroll through the photos of Harry in women's clothes. He took his hand to his fade and hid behind it.

'Guess that wasn't such a sensible idea! If they get out on the Internet, people will think I'm gay for sure!' he moaned, recovering from laughing.

'People already think that!' I giggled. He ruffled my hair. I fixed if again as he shook it off. 'Harry! We're twenty minutes late for rehearsals!' I shouted.

'Shit! Come on! There's a taxi!'

We ran down the street and jumped into the car. Harry gave the address of the studio and the driver got us there no where near quick enough. Harry paid the driver and we fell out of the car, falling into the studio. We slipped in the room. Harry jumped in the front line practising choreography as if he'd been there the whole time and I did the same. It was lucky that I had rehearsed so often that I knew exactly what to do after that step. After the dance, they were all permitted a break.

'Why where you so late?' asked Taryn, one if the dancers.

'Just - time caught up with me, I suppose,' I shrugged.

'What were you doing with Harry?' she enquired. I cringed inside. She'd always been a good friend, and I knew she had a huge thing for Harry, and really thought they were going to be married one day.

'We went and had a look around because I've not been here before. We just lost track of time. We didn't do anything really. Just went to that department store near the hotel. Anyway, as if I'd take that annoying weirdo away from you!' I winked. She knew how I felt - or had felt - and smiled and nodded. She walked off. I sighed. I looked through the pictures on my phone again. One with Harry having beans and egg dripping on his chin. One was of him doing impressions of the others. The ones in the women's clothes. I grinned before tucking my phone away abd joining the others in the next dance. For the first time ever, I was looking forward to seeing Harry next, and whatever he had planned next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Number threeee! Hope you liked! Leave your comments and thank you to everyone why already has. You're amazing and do are the subscribers! Update should be soon! Sorry this one took so long. Also I'm sorry its quite short! X