Status: Very active.. like the universe.

Dead!

Chapter 3

“Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.”

Frank’s alarm had been doing this for the past hour, and obviously; he was late for school. He was in his last year, and the sooner he was done with it the better. He was basically friendless, not that he minded much but it did mean he was a target for the jocks or any prick who thought they were better than him (which was most). But frank wasn’t weak; he never let anyone get to him. He had his own opinions, his own thoughts and his own ideas. And if people didn’t like them they could fuck off.

Grabbing his battered up school bag that he’d had since first year, he rushed out the door, slamming it in his mother’s face as he went. He’d missed the bus by the time he got to the stop, so it took him an extra half hour to get to class. Which would be almost over by now.

He got into school unnoticed, but slipping into class unseen was the real problem. He’d made it halfway to the back seat somewhat successfully, earning himself silent sniggers from his ‘classmates’.

“Iero” the old hag’s sharp voice echoed through the silent class.

Frank froze, realised that it was no use and sighed.

“Well I’m here aren’t I?”

“Detention, Iero.”

“But miss, it’s not my fault” he growled

“Detention”

“Fucking hell”

“After school”

“Fine.”

The rest of the day was uneventful, just the usual hour long pointless classes the occasional fight or some ‘gossip’ about a popular whore. But really nothing special. Bob was away on some trip, being the only one who actually enjoyed those kind of things.

School was finally over.. well almost. Frank still had that detention to go to. He sighed dramatically and slouched lower into his seat.

-Time lapse-

He was nervous as hell.

7:50, he checked his watch.

There were three possible outcomes of tonight, he thought. One: he gets kidnapped and murdered by a madman. Two: He makes a friend or has an awkward conversation. Three: He was high that night and the man didn’t exist.

Frank was jolted out of his thoughts when something ice-cold trailed down his back.
A small shriek left his mouth, and he turned round to be greeted by the laughing face of the man, a huge grin spread across his face.

Frank felt his burn up in a bright red blush.

“Gerard” the man.. Gerard said simply, holding out his hand to frank

“Uhh, frank” he stuttered, grasping the man’s hand. Gerard’s hand was cold. Too cold. almost as if he had no heat in his body at all, It sent shivers through franks body when they shook, but it was a good feeling. Probably.

Frank stood silent unsure of what to do, Gerard was looking directly at him, their hands frozen mid-shake. Probably waiting for frank to do something. Frank looked shamefully down at his feet, cursing his social awkwardness.

Another burst of laughter erupted from Gerard’s direction. What the fuck was there to laugh about? He looked up at the dark figure who’s deep olive eyes were shining.

“Frank you’re so adorable when you think” he said simply.

“I.. uh.. What?”

“Oh shit, sorry. Never mind.” A scowl crossed his face momentarily.

“Do you want to go inside somewhere and talk? I mean, If you were serious about being curious and all. I can tell you don’t talk to people very often.”

Frank had to admit; he was curious. Very curious. There was this air about Gerard that drew frank to him, he wanted to know everything, Gerard was so mysterious, in appearance and actions. Everything he had said to frank was so clear and commanding, but friendly at the same time. Unlike frank, who had the social skills of a dead fish.

“Yeah, I’d like that”

Fuck everything they told you in school about stranger danger.

Gerard flashed a grin at frank then turned on his heel and walked lightly away towards the grubby old apartments that frank passed every day.

Frank gazed at Gerard from behind. For a complete stranger who looked like he lived alone, Gerard was actually quite hot. He was wearing a black dress shirt with the top few buttons undone exposing his milky white flesh, and tight black jeans that outlined his frame perfectly. If he was franks age, and less creepy, he’d be all over this guy. Ugh. Shut up frank. He’s probably a rapist.

They’d reached the fourth floor of the block (still filthy and grey as ever) and Gerard was fumbling with a key when frank remembered something

“Gerard?”

“Hmm?”

“Did you.. I mean, I saw you walk into the river yesterday.. I know that sounds crazy but..”

Gerard went silent. Jaw clamped shut, lips pursed in a straight line.

“Can I trust you? I was hoping you would avoid that, Because if I can’t trust you then I’ll have to dispose of you. And I like to think I’ve left all that behind me.”

“y-you can trust m-me.”

Shit. frank thought. What have you got yourself into now?
♠ ♠ ♠
^-^