Status: Very active.. like the universe.

Dead!

Chapter 5

Frank awoke unusually early the next morning. He'd been up all night wondering weather it actually was a good idea to go along with this guy. Even If he was clearly crazy, But it was either that or school.

And to be honest, you'd be pretty stupid to pass up an opportunity to miss a day in that prison.

His parents had gone to the morning church serves, so he'd have no trouble sneaking out. He'd just have to hope none of the teachers at school phoned home.

He arrived outside the block of flats, at around 8:00, But found Gerard in the place by the river where he'd seen him on the first night.

"Hey Gerard!" he called, Gerard was doing that thing where he looked like he was talking to people. And it was creeping him out.

Gerard turned slowly, But leaped up as soon as his eyes landed on frank.

"Ah Frankie you came! Thank you so much for trusting me."

"Yeah well, we'll see about that."

"You have to promise me though, That you won't leave after what I show you today."

"Uh, sure. Okay. But why?"

"They don't like it when people leave. Once you go, you have to stay."

"Gerard, That made no sense."

"Oh. It will later. But enough of that, I want to get to know you, Frank. You look like you need friends."

Frank laughed. Maybe this guy wasn't so bad after all. And he really could use somebody to talk to.

Gerard smiled back; A genuine friendly smile, and started to lead them off up the path that ran along the riverbank, talking as they walked.

They stopped about half a mile upriver, and by this point Frank had learned that Gerard was 25, loved art, wanted to be a comic book artist when he was younger but had been stuck in the critical conditions ward of a mental hospital until he was 21. And also had no idea who his parents or any of his family were. When frank asked about how Gerard got out of the hospital, he waved his hand vaguely and said he'd had a little help from his 'friends'.

Gerard, Frank noticed was a very bright, expressive person despite his dark clothing and pale skin, his face was alive with passion and would clearly show his emotions in his face. He talked with his hands, waving them about in front of him whenever he got particularly into a conversation.

He was the kind of guy who would talk constantly to you no matter if you were listening or not, even if you'd tell him to shut up he'd keep talking. But frank loved listening to the stories Gerard had to tell him, and fuck; if he was a criminal, He was certainly a sexy one.

Ugh, frank. You have to stop thinking like that.

Gerard stopped talking and smirked at frank.

"Hey, what're you looking at me like that for?" frank questioned

Gerard just grinned and resumed his previous one-sided conversation about his interests.

Frank found, they had very similar tastes in music, both liking early punk and metal bands such as; the smiths, misfits, black flag, iron maiden, motorhead, etc. Also similar views on the rest of society.

Gerard stopped walking abruptly, causing frank to walk into his back, silently cursing himself for wishing he could touch more than just his back. Fucking hormones.

"We're here, Frank."

".. Would you care to tell me where the hell 'here' is?" Frank asked, surveying his surroundings. His nerves were staring to come back to him again, And the friendly feel from before had vanished. Being replaced with a kind of anxiety.

There was a bridge. The bridge, to be exact, was the one where the most 'fates' had occurred. It had peeling black paint, and rusted metal patterns carved into the framework of the bridge, once probably religious figures, but they looked more satanic than anything now. The river running below the bridge was a grimy greyish brown, as it had been further down, but here there were a few rotting wooden crosses resting in the mud on the banks.

Oh holy fucking crap shit. Frank thought. I'm going to die.

He looked up at Gerard who had been silent for some time now. Frank saw his eyes fixed on something straight ahead of them, but of course. There was nothing there.

Hallucinogenic drugs. He thought. That'll be it.
Gerard started walking steadily towards the riverbank. Oh hell no, He's not drown me is he?

Frank stood still and watched.

He stopped and the very edge of the bank and gestured wildly with his hands, a huge grin on his face.

"Come on, Frank!" He shouted "They said it's okay, You wanted proof. Well here it is."
Ugh. Thought frank. This guy really knew how to make him curious. If he died, Then that was it. It wasn't as if he hadn't thought about it before.. And this would be a much more interesting way to go...

He walked cautiously over to where Gerard stood. Noticing that there was an old park bench with some memorial carved on it, overlooking the crosses on the opposite bank. It was covered in graffiti now, So he sat down.

"Gerard." He said sternly "Just explain to me exactly what you think you're doing."

"Oh, yeah. Right. Okay." He sat down next to frank, making the old bench lurch dramatically to one side. "well, as I told you before I am dead."

Frank sighed. Dear god this man was crazy.

"And this means I can also communicate with the dead, the non-living ones; ghosts if you like."

"Um.. okay, Gerard."

"I can also enter their realm in certain places."

Wait... what?

"Like this river for example. Any place where there have been multiple deaths leaves a path way to the afterlife. But only for those who have access to it. Such as myself" He turned to frank grinning widely.

"Um.. Gerard. You do know, that if you jump in a river you drown right?"

"Oh of course Frankie, But not you're with me." He winked, dragging frank by the hand back to the edge of the bank.

"Frank. Hold my hand, close your eyes and jump."

Fuck everything. When we die, who cares? We might even make it onto the news.
Gerard muttered something and dragged Frank forwards, But instead of the icy grip of the water consuming his body, frank saw lights flash behind his eyelids, a cool sensation overtaking his whole body. If this is what drowning feel like, It sure feels good.

-time lapse-

He awoke to bright lights somewhere in the distance, but all around him was dark. Much like a hospital room. Gerard's voice came swimming into his ears.
"Welcome, Frank. Welcome to the black parade."
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't get a chance to check throuugh it so it's probably really badly written, spelt and generally a gramatical disaster. I am aware of this.

But it's here so enjoy <3