Status: Working On

The Perfect Mistake

Chapter 3

It had been a week since Roxas had ended up in the hospital from that night that he would not soon forget. He was now finally getting to go home after the doctors declared that there was no longer anything they could do for the teen as well as his wounds healing enough for him to be sent home. He felt relieved once he got to leave the depressing white rooms. He wished he could have left sooner but there was nothing he could have done about that, it had been his fault he ended up there in the first place. He considered himself lucky that his actions hadn't done more damage or cost him his life. He was thankful that his selfish mistake hadn't cost him more than a few scars and a hospital visit.

Once he arrived at his home and walked through the door he was knocked to the floor by his twin brother. Roxas couldn't help but laugh lightly at this and pushed Sora off of him. He knew that Sora would have been excited to see him return home. He was close to both his brothers but he was closest to Sora. He had felt rather bad for hurting the brunette like he had with the incident but he would try to make it up to him. He wasn't sure how just yet but he would figure something out.

“I'm so glad you're home! You look a lot better,” Sora said as he helped Roxas off the floor and pulled him into a small hug.

“I feel a lot better. You should thank Cloud for that. Besides give me a few talks he brought me McDonald's. Without those Big Macs I would've surely starved,” Roxas joked causing the brunette to laugh.

“Honey, Axel's on the phone,” his mother interrupted.

Roxas rolled his eyes, seeing as his best friend had rather interesting timing since he had just gotten home. She handed him the phone and he gave her a small smile. “Thanks mom,” He told her before moving his attention to the phone. “Hey Axel.”

“Hey emo boy! How you feeling?”

“I'm fine but what's with the name?”

“It seems to fit the situation. Roxas what were you thinking? Are you stupid or something? If you would just tell me who those fuckers are than I...”

“No, Axel.”

“Okay then tell me who you want to be sleeping with.”

“Axel! What the hell?”

“Roxas!” his mother scolded.

“So who is it?”

“It's none of your business.”

“So there is someone...just the matter of who.”

“Azel...” Roxas warned.

“Trust me, I'll figure it out soon enough Roxie.”

“Don't call me that.”

“Why? Your family does.”

“Well that's my family...”

“Wait,” Axel paused, “You let Riku call you Roxie. Is he the one you want to be sleeping with? Wow you want to bang Sora's best friend!”

“Do not!”

“Keep denying it all you want.”

“I don't want to do anything with Riku!”

“What about me,” a voice said within the doorway. Roxas snapped to look at him and nearly cursed his red haired best friend.

“Nothing, Axel is an idiot.” Roxas said as the male in question was making sexual comments on the other end of the phone.

“Is that a surprise?”

“No not at all... Axel if you don't shut up I'm going to strangle you next time I see you!” The blonde yelled causing the silver haired boy to laugh slightly.

“Well that'll be tonight. Don't tell me you forgot.”

“Uh...”

“I have a gig, remember? You said you'd come. You're my best friend you have to go.”

Roxas instantly felt bad that he had forgotten about Axel's gig, “I told Sora I'd hang out with him once I got home.”

“You can always bring him with you. I wouldn't mind seeing the cutie.”

“How many times do I have to tell you not to speak to me in that tone about my brother.”

“But Roxie you're my best friend. Who else am I going to talk to about my fantasies?”

“Axel that's my brother! Stop, before I have nightmares!” Roxas yelled into the phone.

“You had to bring him up. Anyway, just bring him with you. Hey invite Riku too, so he can keep you company when I...”

“No! Stop right there! Fine you win as long as you stop.”

“Okay, I'll pick the three of you up at eight. Bye Roxie!”

Roxas was about to say something but the dial tone quickly ran in his ear. He let a sigh escape his lips before he turned off the phone and faced Riku. The silverette was still leaning against the doorframe. He wondered if the other male had heard what was going on over the phone and hoped that he hadn't. He wasn't quite sure why he was still standing there but Roxas could see the amusement in the sea toned eyed.

“Do you know where Sora is?” Roxas asked, figuring that was the reason Riku was over in the first place.

“Upstairs.”

“Thanks...wait why are you down here then?”

“Your brother is a lazy bum and wanted a soda. Besides I heard you yelling.”

“Oh,” Roxas said before he turned away from Riku to make his way up the stair, Riku following shortly bethind.

Once the two of them walked into the brunette's room Riku threw a can at the boy, who was laying on the floor. Riku walked over and sat down on the bed, while Roxas continued to stand in the doorway.

“Hey Sora, we have a slight problem.”

“What?” Sora asked and sat up quickly with worry evident in his tone.

“Well I forgot that Axel's gig was tonight and I had promised him I would go. If you want to hang out still you can come. Well Axel would love if you would,” He told his brother, whispering out the last part.

“Sounds like fun! What time?” Sora asked excitedly.

“He'll be here around eight. Oh, and I'm supposed to invite you as well Riku.”

The boy nodded before taking a sip of his own soda. Roxas quickly walked out of the room and to his own room. He sighed as he looked around the room. It was almost exactly the way he left it except for his bed, which was neatly made and free of blood stains. He walked over to it and laid down, letting his eyes close as well. Though he had been laying in a hospital bed for a while he still felt exhausted. As he laid there figuring out a way to kill his best friend he fell asleep.

His dreams of friends as well as unpleasant memories would not be remembered when he awoke. They all would become a blur like they usually were when he awoke. It was a rare occasion when he remembered his dreams, but the ones he remembered were the ones that he usually woke up in a cold sweat and breathing heavily. He was used to having nightmares but those ones always seemed so realistic him that he had difficulty telling that they were only dreams.

Roxas mumbled into his pillow as he heard his name being said. “Five more minutes...” He muttered before he felt himself being pulled back into reality. “Roxas... Roxas wake up.” He heard a familiar voice as he began to stir. When he opened his eyes he made a blurry image of someone standing in front of him shacking him lightly to wake him up. As his vision slowly began to clear he could make out the silver hair and the muscular frame.

“Huh?” He managed to say as he processed that Riku was trying to wake him up.

“Roxas get up. Axel is here and he said if you're not down stairs in thirty minutes he'll come up here, dress you himself and drag your ass to the car.”

Roxas quickly shot up from his bed and stared at Riku in fear. “Don't let him in my room. I'll be down after bit.”

“Okay sure thing,” Riku laughed as the blonde hurried to his bathroom.

Roxas knew Axel would in fact come up to do exactly what he had told Riku and he really didn't want Axel dressing him. There was a time where he had let Axel pick out his clothes before and that definitely hadn't worked out well for him. Even with his clothes Axel had managed to put things together that would have drawn to much attention that Roxas definitely did not want. If he had to go through that again, mostly at a club he would definitely have had to kill his best friend.

He turned on the water to the shower to what he referred to as the perfect temperature and slowly removed his clothing and placed them in the laundry basket. He carefully removed the bandages he had on his wrists and looked at the marks. He was definitely glad that they hadn't been that deep because they would have taken a lot longer to heal and would have left a lot nastier of scars than these ones would. They would just add to the collection of marks across his skin that he usually kept hidden in one way or another.

Once he actually stepped into the shower a small smile pulled at his lips at the familiar feel of water cleansing his body and the sweet smell of pear filled his senses. Sure he had taken one at the hospital but it wasn't anything compared to his own shower where he could feel completely comfortable. For all he knew they could have had camera's in the that bathroom at the hospital. Either way it had made him uncomfortable and the soap and shampoo they had to offer didn't really smell like anything.

His thoughts soon went to a few moment ago. 'Why'd Riku come to wake me?' Roxas thought. 'Had to have been Axel's doing. Does he enjoy tormenting me this much or was he that desperate to get Sora alone?' Roxas wasn't sure he wanted to even think about the creep being alone with his brother.

When he was finished cleaning himself he stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He cleared off the mirror and looked at his reflection. His usual spiky blonde locks were slightly flattened by the water, which was dripping down his neck and down his torso. Pushing a few strands out of his eyes he turned the doorknob to exit the bathroom. He was shocked to see Riku still in his room, sitting on his bed and now staring at him while he stood there in only a towel.

“You're still in here?” Roxas calmly asked though he felt anything but calm at that moment.

“You said don't let Axel in your room. That's what I was doing.”

“Oh yeah...thanks.”

“No problem. Well I did my job so now I'm going downstairs to save Sora from a red haired pervert.”

Roxas smiled as Riku left the room, who closed the door behind him. He let out a breath and walked over to his closet. Rummaging through his clothes he tried to find something decent to wear. It was always the times when he was in a hurry that it was always the most difficult to pick out something to wear. After a few moments of searching he settled for a tight red shirt, his favorite black and white zip up hoodie, black skinny jeans and his black Vans with turquoise shoelaces. He also grabbed his rainbow studded belt and placed his clothing on the bed.

In a quick manner he dried himself off and put some boxers on before anyone had the opportunity to walk in on him. He sighed as he began to put on his jeans to find out that they were slightly bigger on him than the used to be. At least they still clung to him the way he licked. After his jeans were on he put his belt through his pants loops. He went to grab his shirt from the bed before his door flew open and he jumped slightly. A smiling red head walked forward as a panicked looking Riku tried to pull him back out of the room, which to Roxas was very odd since the silver haired boy usually was calm and laid back.

“Hey Roxas.”

“Um hi?” The blond said as she slipped his shirt on over his head.

“What would you do if I told you-”

“Axel shut up!” Riku warned.

“That I want to date your brother?” Axel finished with a smirk.

Roxas shrugged and looked at Riku who looked relieved, “As long as I don't have to hear about it, but I swear if you hurt him I'll castrate you.”

“Oh what fun,” Axel smiled and walked back out of the room. From the hallway he yelled, “The sooner we leave the sooner you can get out on the dance floor.”

It was no secret that Roxas loved to dance. He couldn't help the way his body naturally moved to the music pumping through the speakers. Axel would always tease him about how caught up in the music he would get that he'd never notice how much attention he drew to himself. Roxas never believed his best friend when the red head told him people asked and talked about him when they'd go to something that played music, such as Axel's gigs. Roxas just seemed to have an effect on people when he danced. The effect was greater on one person in particular and Roxas definitely didn't notice it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize that it took me so long to get this done. I didn't have the end of it finished so I tried to figure out how I wanted to go about doing that. Well hopefully you all like it and that it's a bit longer. I try to aim for at least 5 pages in open office so I was glad that I at least made that.

Discalimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, or any of its characters.