Come in With the Rain

A Day Off

The next time Dean sees Mabel is when she's walking out of her apartment going to throw the trash. Her hair was wavier than normal, she had on a pink sweater what showed a bit of her shoulders shaping her body while hugging her hips, a peach floral tank top was under it, whitish-gray shorts, black knee high socks, and white ballet flats.

Sure Jo's clothes looked good on her but this outfit.... this outfit.

“Dean?” Mabel called worried.

He was staring again.

Dean shook his head, “Mabel. Hi.” Mabel shifted with a smile and greeted him back. “Uh, what are you up to?” That had to be the stupidest thing he ever said. It was quite obvious what she was up to. Throwing the trash.

Mabel looked at her hand, “I was gonna throw the trash then go to the lobby to meet my uncle Gabriel. He's gonna take me to the movies.” She pauses for a moment. “Would you like to come?”

Sure it was a Saturday. Sam was busy with a huge case that was dumped on him. And he was about to head over to Lisa's for a quickie. A movie didn't sound too bad.

“Sure,” He smiled. “I'll go.” The look of happiness on Mabel's face was perfect and totally worth blowing Lisa off. He turns around and pokes his head inside his apartment. “Sam! I'm going with Mabel to go see a movie with her uncle!”

After a minute, “Okay! Call me when you're done!”

Dean closes the door and gives Mabel a thumbs up. He follows her to the trash chute then to the elevators. Along the way he managed to text Lisa a change in plans. He got an angry text back and didn't reply. Lately he has been turning down sex a lot. Mostly because of one reason. Mabel. Just being around her made Dean feel better about anything.

Gabriel was already in the lobby when Mabel stepped out of the elevator with a friend.

“Oh Mabel, if I knew you were bringing a date, I'd have called someone so we could double date,” Gabriel teased.

Mabel looked between her uncle and Dean, “Date? Dean is only my friend. I asked if he wanted to come along.”

'Friend'. Yeah, that's what they are. Just friends. But why does it feel wrong to Dean all of a sudden?

Gabriel smirks, “Sorry. My mistake.” He extends a hand to Dean. “Hi there Dean-o. I'm Gabriel Tippins. Castiel's older brother.”

Dean shakes his hand, “Dean Winchester.”

Gabriel leads the two out to his car. Seeing any possible love connection that could be forming between the two teens, he makes both of them sit in the back seat.

“What movie are you taking us to see?” Mabel asks leaning forward a bit.

Gabriel takes a turn, “Well there is a cult classic marathon going on at the old theater a few blocks away. I thought I’d educate you on it as possible.”

Dean cheers, “Hell yeah!” He turns to a confused Mabel. “You are in for a treat.”

Gabriel smiles, “I like your taste Dean-o.”

What is a cult classic? Mabel doesn't know. It sounds very intimidating. But if Gabriel and Dean enjoy them maybe she will too.

There wasn't much of a line out front so they got in easily. Gabriel got them snacks and went to their first movie, Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Gabriel got the aisle seat, Mabel sat next to him and Dean sat next to her.

“No hanky panky,” He teases. Dean shoots Gabriel a surprised look. Gabriel only waggles his brows at the kid.

The lights dim and music begins to play.

Dean was never one for musicals but since Mabel was a newbie why not let her choose. And she picks this one.

Her face is priceless though when she sees Frank-n-furter come down his elevator. Just the sight of a man in women clothing was all but appealing to her.

Dean hides a laugh when Mabel hid her face in her hands when Frank-n-furter goes all axe murderer on Eddie. Wow, she really missed out on a lot. This movie wasn't intentional to be scary, but more sexual. Well, she doesn't need to know that. Oh, too late. Frank-n-furter just snuck into Brad's room. Dean looks to see if Gabriel was going to shield her eyes. Nope. Should he? No. Mabel shouldn't miss anything.

When the movie's done they walk out to stretch a bit.

Mabel swallows, “That was... uh,....something.”

Dean laughs, “'Something'? Just 'something'?” Mabel nods nervously. “Maybe we should go for something lighter.”

Gabriel nods in agreement, “Since Mabel didn't quite enjoy that one. Even though its one of the top cult classics.”

Dean and Mabel sat on one of the benches while Gabriel went hunting for something good for Mabel and decent for him and Dean.

“I take it that dinner with the family went well,” Dean smiled.

Mabel smiled back, “It did. They were all so nice to me. And they welcomed me with open arms.”

Dean states, “I would to if I found you.”

“What's that supposed to mean?”

Dean mentally slapped himself. No matter how he looks it over, the phrase sounded really insensitive.

“It's not like that,” He corrected. “It's just that, if I had met you in the streets like Cas did, I’d want to help you out too.”

“Thank you,” Mabel sighs. Dean felt relieved that she took it in a good way.

Gabriel comes back motioning for them to follow.

“Labyrinth?” Dean asked looking at the glowing movie title of the theater room. “Like listening to Rocky Horror wasn't enough music as is.”

Mabel looked at the two experts perplexed, “What?”

Gabriel looked to his niece, “It's not a musical like the last one. I think you might actually like this one.”

They went into the theater and sat as they did in the last one.

Dean watched Mabel as she became completely absorbed in the Goblin King and how he tried to persuade Sarah into forgetting about the baby. Gabriel was right. Anything magical or mystical like the Labyrinth definitely got Mabel's attention.

For them, a cult classic marathon ended with Clockwork Orange. Mainly because Gabriel wanted to see the psychological gears turning in Mabel's head. As they exited the movie theater Gabriel offered to get them lunch before he took them home.

“There's this classic family diner just around the corner that have these awesome burgers,” Dean declared.

Gabriel didn't object and had Dean lead the way to the restaurant. Mabel followed the two close behind.

The day was a lot of fun for Mabel. It helped her understand the types of movies Dean enjoyed and it brought her a little closer to her actor uncle.

Dean looks to Gabriel, “What do you do? Besides take young teenager to cult movies.”

Gabriel smirked, “I'm an actor.”

Mabel but in, “He's mostly known as the Pepsi Max guy.”

Dean gaped, “That was you!” Gabriel nodded. “No wonder! I didn't recognize you with out the dozens of cans you were hauling.”

“Hey,” Gabriel said a bit defensive. “I've been in memorable roles. I was in a famous world war II re-enactment.”

“How come I never heard of you?” Dean mused.

Mabel could feel that Dean was egging her uncle on. She was worried that Dean could be insulting him. If he was famous then he was famous. All that mattered was that he was happy with his life.

“Oh look!” Mabel called before her uncle could say anything. “A diner. Is that the one you were talking about Dean?”

Dean looked ahead to see a classic 60's themed diner. He nods to reassure Mabel as they walked towards the building. A man wearing a classic 60's diner waiter uniform lead them to a booth. Gabriel made Dean and Mabel sit on the same side of the booth as to spark any romance between them.

Gabriel leans forward, “Mabel, how's the reading coming along?”

Mabel smiles, “It's going great. Now that Uncle Balthazar pitched in to help, I think it's taken a load off Sam's shoulders.”

“And more time hassling me,” Dean groaned.

Mabel chuckles, “Sorry.” Dean smiles and only bumps her with his shoulder to reassure her.

Gabriel just leans forward on his elbows interlacing his fingers to rest his chin on them, “Dean-o, you got a girlfriend? Cause I’m sure Mabel doesn't have a boyfriend.”

Dean coughs to cover his face from turning pink. No one is never going to see him become flustered by that question.

“He does,” Mabel replies for him. Her face has a smile but it's smaller. “Her name is Lisa.”

Gabriel raises a brow looking from Mabel to Dean, “Oh.”

Dean felt like he was under a very judging eye. It was like Gabriel could read him like an open book. Well this open book is closing himself up and putting himself back on the shelf. God he needed a better way to compare himself to things cause he just sounds like Sam.

Mabel smiles, “She's very pretty.” Gabriel looks at Dean trying to uncover the secret about Lisa. No way in hell is gonna mention his sex arrangement with them.

Their food arrives and boy was Dean happy to have food in his mouth to keep him from saying anything more.

For a while it was just the three eating. Dean like the silence. It kept him from saying too much. But the pointed knowing look Mabel's uncle kept giving him plus that smug look was bothering him. It was official the guy was a dick.

Mabel swallowed then asked, “Uncle Gabriel, are you working on anything new?”

Gabriel looks to Mabel his face shifting to a soft smile, “Not at the moment no. Maybe someday I could take you to work with me.” When Mabel smiles and gets excited the guy just couldn't help but spoil the girl. He calls for the waiter to bring her a slice of pie.

Mabel almost pouts, “You didn't have to do that.” Gabriel only brushes her saying off.

Dean watches as Mabel's slice comes in. It looked freaking awesome with the vanilla ice cream on top. It surprised him when Mabel pushed it between them to share.

Gabriel mentally high-fived himself when Mabel and Dean started to share the dessert. From what he was cataloging, Dean may have a tiny possible crush on Mabel. It was probably when Gabriel asked about if he was dating anyone that it struck him. If this wasn't it then he's probably just making an ass of himself.

After lunch was paid for, and one phone call to Dean's brother, the trio walked out of the restaurant to head back to Gabriel's car. As they walked Mabel saw a family walk by and the little girl with them dropped her stuffed lamb. Mabel went to pick it up and followed after the family quickly.

“Mabel?” Dean called. He looked back to Gabriel and they just followed the girl.

Mabel caught up to the family and stopped them, “Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, but I believe,” She kneels down. “You dropped this.” Mabel smiled as she handed the little girl her lamb back. The little girl gasps and smiles as she takes the toy back. Squeezing the toy in her little arms, she thanks Mabel. The parents thank her too and they walk back down the street.

Dean and Gabriel caught up in time to see Mabel waving goodbye to the little girl holding the toy lamb. The two smiled seeing how warmhearted Mabel was. Suddenly, Dean felt really guilty. She was so nice to everyone and yet he was lying to her face about Lisa. There was no way he could possibly keep up this charade.

Gabriel took the pair back to the apartment building. Mabel waved goodbye to her uncle as he drove down the street.

When they were alone in the elevator Dean was having a mental battle with himself. One part says don't tell her, while the other part says tell her now. Each part was listing the pros and cons that would come out of either situations.

“Dean?”

He looks up to see Mabel standing outside the elevator waiting for him. They walked together towards the apartments. Dean decided, he was a man. Why was he acting like a girl? God he was obviously picking up too much of Sam's girlish traits. That guy's a bad influence to his manhood.

He watched Mabel reach to the top of the door frame to fetch her key. It's now or never.

“Mabel,” He called. Mabel had the door open when she looked back to him. She had a small smile on waiting for him. Does this girl ever get tired of smiling at him? Seriously.

“Mabel?”

There's someone else calling for her now. Her door opened all the way and Castiel stepped into view. He had a smile on his face. Well at least Dean thinks it was a smile. Its hard to tell when he's barely seen the guy pull his mouth up into a smile instead of down into a frown.

“Castiel,” Mabel turned to him. “What's wrong?”

“Well, I managed to fill the paperwork out properly,” Castiel spoke and his smile went away but the look of happiness hadn't really left his face. “And I got you enrolled into Dean's school.”

Mabel grins, “That's great! So I can start going to school now?” When Castiel nods Mabel immediately jumps into her father's arms and hugs him with excitement. Castiel was getting used to the childish affection. When Mabel comes down she turns to Dean, “This is great Dean! Now I will be able to get to go to school with you for real now!”

Dean smiles weakly at her. He was excited for Mabel, really. But this news just completely deterred from the fact he was going to tell Mabel that he and Lisa aren't dating but fucking.

“That's awesome Mabel,” Dean cheers in a low but excited voice. The guilt in his chest only got worse when Mabel hugged him.

Dean's seriously becoming a girl now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo 50 readers! Comments!!

I had nothing better to do with this chapter.