Come in With the Rain

Fix A Heart

Mabel was avoiding him. She didn't talk to him anymore. The one chance he'll see her and try to talk to her she'll turn and hurry off somewhere else. She won't even let him apologize for what he'd done. He knew Mabel was fragile and sensitive to things. So she's probably trying to cope with this. After all it is their first fight.

“Are you okay?” Tessa asks reaching out to touch her right foot.

Mabel nods, “I'm fine.”

“Are you sure?” Becky asks reaching out in front of her. Mabel nods again.

“It's just that you haven't really been sitting with us anymore,” Tessa says as they stand up to do quad stretches.

Mabel frowns, “I'm pretty sure you guys know what happened right?” They nod. “Well, I don't think I can be around Dean for awhile. I'm still bothered about it.”

“Well good.”

She turns her head and sees Lisa walking by. She was glaring at her.

“I'm sorry if offended you in anyway,” Mabel says. Lisa only scoffs and keeps walking. “Is she upset with me?”

“Well yeah,” Becky says. “Dean called his thing with Lisa off.”

“He did?” Mabel asks surprised. “Why?”

Tessa shrugs, “He just told us that he couldn't do it anymore.” Ms. Mills blew her whistle and they went into the middle. “I'm guessing he's still upset about what happened between you two.”

Mabel frowns feeling guilty for making Dean upset. Maybe she shouldn't have gotten mad at him. It was pretty stupid. She didn't control Dean. He could do what ever he wanted. Or in this case who ever. It's tough being mad at the person you like.

Mabel stood out front of the school for her uncle Michael to come get her. She saw people getting into cars and leaving.

“Mabel?”

She went stiff after hearing Dean's voice. She turned to look at him. He looked worried almost. A blush appears on her face when he starts to walk towards her.

“Hello Dean,” She speaks almost in a whisper.

“Hey,” He greets. “Uh, what's up?”

Mabel looks up, “Um...I-I don't ...know, the sky.” Her heart aches when she hears him laugh lightly. Why was this so painful?

He clears his throat, “What I meant was, how are you?”

“I'm fine,” She replies all too quickly. “My uncle's here.”

A slim black car pulls up in front of her. She opens the passenger side door.

She turns to Dean and smiles, “It's...it was nice talking to you again. Even for a short period.” She gets in the car and it revs off.

Dean threw his head back and groaned. Man he wished Mabel wasn't mad at him.

“Aren't you mad at him?” Michael asks turning the steering wheel.

Mabel sighs, “I don't know. I guess I was mad. But now... everything just hurts.”

Michael frowns, “Do I need to punch someone? Preferably him?”

Mabel chuckles, “No, no. It's fine. I can handle it.” She slumps. “Is Castiel getting off work early today?”

“Sorry, no,” Michael sighs. “I need him to finish up some paperwork for me.” Mabel nods understanding. “I could stick around with you until he gets it done if you want.”

“It's okay,” She says. “I'll be fine on my own.”

Dean looked around the mess in his room. Where was it? He needed it.

“Sam!” He calls. He throws a shirt over his shoulder then his brother opens his door. “Have you seen my jersey?”

“I don't know,” Sam says pulling a face at the mess. “Maybe if you cleaned your room more often you'll know where everything is.”

“I do know where everything is,” Dean states looking at his brother. “Out in the open where I can see them.” Sam looks at the room disgusted and walks away. “Can you check the laundry?”

The homecoming game was coming up soon and he needed his jersey in order to play. After all he was quarterback.

Sam came back, “It wasn't in the laundry.” Dean groans and goes to his closet and starts throwing stuff around. Sam thinks for a second then remembers.

Mabel goes to her closet. She was going to take a shower for the night. Her eyes widened suddenly. Dean's jersey was hanging in her closet. She keeps forgetting to bring it back to him. She frowns and takes it down. She removes the hanger and goes over to her desk. She grabs the plastic bag with the music for Dean in it.

She leaves her room and goes out the front door. She knocks on her neighbor's door.

Sam answers and smiles, “Hi Mabel.”

Dean hears Sam and stops throwing shit around his room to run out to see Mabel.

“Um, I keep forgetting to give this to Dean,” Mabel states holding out the folded jersey and plastic bag.

“Mabel,” Dean calls. He sees her look past Sam to him then back to his brother handing over the stuff.

“Thank you,” She says and turns on her heel. Dean runs past Sam and goes after her.

“How long are you going to stay mad at me?” He asks. Sam pokes his head out in the hallway but pulls back and closes the door.

Mabel turns around, “I'm still upset, so I don't really know. Just...just leave me alone.” She opens her door.

“Look, I’m really sorry that I lied to you,” Dean calls out. “I was going to tell you before.”

“What stopped you?”

“Cas got you to go to school.”

Mabel squints, “You could have still told me.”

Dean shrugs, “You were really happy that day. I didn't want to ruin it.” He steps forward. “I called the thing with Lisa off. Since it obviously bothered you.”

“I heard,” She muttered. “She seemed really upset about it at gym the other day.”

Dean rolls his eyes, “Seriously, what we had was nothing. I don't get why she got so attached to it so badly.” He gestures to Mabel. “She'll get so mad at me when I would blow her off because I wanted to be around you.”

“Y-you wouldn't go to her because you wanted to be around me?” Mabel gasps feeling her cheeks blush.

Dean smiles lightly, “Yeah. I always do.”

Mabel's heart was beating fast. Dean wanted to be around her. That's not fair. She's supposed to be mad at him and he's telling her things like this. It's not fair at all.

“Bye Dean,” Mabel breathes before walking quickly into her apartment. Dean looks at the door shocked and confused as to what happened. He sighs and turns to go back to his room.

Well, at least he found his jersey.

On his bed was his jersey and a black plastic bag. He goes to the bag and opens it. Inside were CD's and tapes of almost all his favorite bands and some bands he may have never heard of. And a note.

I didn't really know what the names of those singers you would listen to, sorry. But I did my best to find ones that sounded similar. -Mabel

Dean groans as he flops down onto his bed.

Mabel was walking outside. She needed to get away from the apartments to clear her head. Dean was there and it wasn't making her feel better about their conversation in the hallway. She had on a pink crocheted hollow big bat wing long sleeve sweater, with a light pink spaghetti strap tank top, printed low waist straight cotton shorts with floral patterns, and ballerines Chanel heels. She carried a thin spaghetti strap coin purse.

It was almost night so she wasn't planning on staying out long.

“Mabel?”

Mabel looks to her right and sees her friend Ray. He looked really pale, sweaty, thin, and was shaking a lot. She frowns as she walks over to him.

“Ray,” She breathes. “Are you okay?”

He chuckles, “I'm fine just a little tired.” He starts to cough harshly then leans over to vomit. Mabel winces in disgust.

“Come on,” She says putting a hand on his shoulder. “My home is a few streets away.”

“Oh no, no,” He coughs. “I wouldn't want to bother you.”

Mabel smiles, “It's fine. The man I’m living with can help take care of you.”

“Is it okay if I bring a few friends?”

Mabel guides a small group of people up to her apartment. She opens the door with her key and lets them in. Immediately the group rushes in. Mabel closes the door and watches the people in concern. They run around her kitchen taking food out and eating them. Some tossing food over their shoulder in disgust. Some of them run to her living room grabbing the VCR.

“Hey! Wait! What are you doing!” Mabel shouts running over. They just yank it from it's spot under the TV. “Don't take that out!” She goes to stop them but they only shove her to the ground. She rubs her bottom and looks around. One of them had pulled out a sack and the guys Ray brought over started putting stuff into it. She gets up and runs over to Ray.

“Ray!” She cries. “They're stealing everything!”

“I know,” He states grabbing her toaster. “That's why I brought them.”

She looks at him horrified, “What? Why would you do that?”

He looks at her annoyed, “Look I need your stuff so I can get something.” He twitches a little then goes to the other guys to help steal from her.

Mabel starts to panic. Everything is getting torn from their sockets and shoved into a bag.

“Stop! Please!” She cries running to the men. One of them forced his hand onto her mouth to hush her. He growls at her to shut up and shoves her to the ground. Mabel cries and pleads to the men to stop.

Sam and Dean are next door. They can help her. Mabel stands and runs to the door but another man grabs her wrist and yanks her back. She cries in pain as they pull her to the living room. The man pins her to the couch.

“No!” She cries. “Please! Don't! Please!”

Ray screams, “Don't you hurt her Eric!” The man looks up angry then back down to Mabel. She struggles under the weight of the man. He ignores Ray's orders and slaps Mabel across the face. He gets off her as she cries in pain.

The men weren't there long since they could only carry a few things. They leave Mabel crying in the living room clutching her face.

Castiel steps out of the elevator with a bag of take out. He goes to his door. It was open. He panics and rushes in.

Food was all over the kitchen, the living room had furniture turned over and objects were missing. His clothes were strewn across the floor.

“Mabel?” He calls. When there was no answer he drops the food and his briefcase.”Mabel!”

He heard sobbing coming from the living room. He runs over and sees Mabel lying on the floor crying and holding her cheek.

He moves around the couch and picks her up so she's sitting up, “Mabel! What happened!”

“I let them in,” She cries. “I'm sorry.”

“What happened?” He asks holding back his anger.

“I was out and I ran into my friend Ray,” She sobs. “He looked sick. So I thought I’d bring him home.”

“You what!”

“He looked awful, and I wanted to make him feel better,” She states. Castiel stands helping her up.

“You let a strange man into our home!” He shouts in her face.

Mabel winces, “I wasn't expecting him and his friends to-”

“Wait! Friends!?” He growled.

“Yes. He asked if he could bring some friends and I thought they were sick like him,” She replies quietly. “So I let them over. But they weren't sick and started to take everything.”

Castiel shoves Mabel, “Do you have any idea how much danger you were in!”

She stumbles back afraid, “But...I just thought...”

“Well you thought wrong!” He shouts. “Mabel! Look around! Look what happened! Because you thought!”

Mabel started to cry, “I-I... I just wanted to be like you!”

Castiel looks away pained. Mabel stands there crying.

“I'm so sorry!” She cries. When Castiel didn't look at her and walked away to find a phone, hopefully that wasn't stolen. He finds it and starts to dial.

Mabel started to breathe harshly and began to panic. He was calling the social office to come get her. He doesn't want her anymore. Like her parents. He's getting rid of her.

Mabel turns when his back faces her and runs out of the open door. Just as she goes out Sam and Dean look out worried about the shouting.

She looks back to them tears still falling from her eyes and turns to run.

“Mabel!” Dean shouts to her stepping out. He leaves the apartment and goes into hers. He looks around wide-eyed at the mess and destruction.

Castiel stepped out as he got off the phone, “Dean?”

“What happened?” Dean asks still looking around. Sam stepped in as well.

“Whoa,” Sam gasps.

“Mabel brought some people over and they stole almost everything they could get their hands on,” Castiel breathes. He looks around. “Wait, where is she?”

“We saw her run out just a few minutes ago,” Sam says jerking a thumb to the door.

Castiel's eyes go wide, “What!” He starts to panic. “I...I have to go get her!” He grabs his coat and heads for the door. Sam and Dean start to follow but Castiel stops them. “Someone needs to stay here and hope she comes back.”

“Dean, you stay,” Sam orders.

“What! No!” Dean protests. “I want to help find her!” Sam shakes his head and orders him to stay. “Damn it Sam! I'm not a kid anymore! I can take care of myself!”

Sam looks at his brother, “Dean, it's dangerous. Plus Mabel needs someone here in case she comes back.”

Dean shakes his head, “No! Mabel needs someone out there looking for her! And that's going to be me!” He shoves past his brother and walks out the door.

“Dean!” Sam shouts.

It's been a while since Mabel was on her own on the streets. She sort of remembers where her old spots were. For now she just needed a place to rest.

There was an old alley a couple blocks away from the apartment. No one was there so it was okay for her to relax by herself. She found a dry spot and sat down, pulling her knees closer to her chest. Her cheek still hurt from being slapped by that man and her eyes were feeling puffy from crying so much. She was afraid that Castiel was mad at her. She was afraid of not being wanted. She was alone again.

She buries her face in her knees and wished someone was there with her. Some one that would love her no matter what.

She wished Dean was there with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
100 readers! Woo!

I felt the need to do something horrible with this chapter.