Come in With the Rain

All the Little Possibilities

Mabel woke up feeling warmer than normal. She cracked her eyes open and saw Dean asleep next to her. She was confused for a moment but remembered that they fell asleep like that last night. It was a little embarrassing having Dean so close to her like this. So close that she could just ….

She twitched when she felt him move and let out a long breath. She watched him use his free hand to rub his face and open his eyes. His eyes go to her.

“Mornin',” He greeted.

“Good morning,” She replied. He rolled on his side to look at her.

“How are you feeling?” He asked her.

She shifts on the bed, “I feel better.” She smiles when he does. “We should get up.”

Dean rolls on his back, making Mabel's head shift when his arm changes positions, “I don't want to.” He looks at her with a mischievous smile, “We could just stay here, you know.”

Mabel shakes her head and sits up, “You know we can't. Well I can't. I have to go back to Castiel.”

Dean rubs his bicep feeling the muscle tingle, “You want me to go with you?” She shakes her head again and he sits up. “You sure?”

“I'll be fine,” She smiles. “Thanks though.”

He puts a hand on her shoulder, “At least have some breakfast before you go.”

“Sounds good.”

Mabel climbs out of his bed and goes over to his desk to pick up her clothes but they were gone.

“Dean?” She calls. He looks at her.”Have you seen my clothes?”

He shakes his head, “No.” Mabel looks at him confused. “It's fine if you wear my clothes.” She gives him an apologetic look. He sighs and goes over to her. “I said it's fine. Plus it's not every day a girl wears my stuff.” He smirks at her and they walk out of his room.

Sam was already in the kitchen when they walk out. He smiles and turns to them, “About time. I thought you'd never wake up.” He clicks the stove off and sets up the food. Dean and Mabel sit at the dining table as Sam puts the plates in front of them.

“Thank you,” Mabel says to the older Winchester and picks up a fork to eat.

Sam sits down, “You're welcome.”

They eat breakfast, mostly in silence. Mabel didn't want to talk about last night and she didn't want to talk about before. Dean didn't want to upset Mabel again so he didn't speak. Sam didn't talk because he felt like a third wheel.

“So Mabel are you going to the Homecoming game?” Sam asks finally breaking the silence. It's a better question than asking about last night.

Mabel looked at him, “Game?”

“Dean's football game?” Sam replies. “It's coming up.”

Dean looks at Mabel hoping she'd go to watch him. Because it would be awesome to see her cheering for him.

“I've never gone to a game before but I'd really like to go,” She beamed.

“I'll save a ticket for you,” Dean smiles.

After breakfast Mabel walks to their front door.

“Thank you for breakfast,” She says to Dean, who walked her to the door like a gentleman. “Um, I’ll wash your clothes and get them back to you.”

“Like you did with my jersey?” He smirks.

Mabel blushes, “Sorry about that. I will though.” She opens the door. “Thank you for last night.”

“No prob,” He says. She waves goodbye and leaves.

“When are you going to tell her?” Sam asks from the kitchen. Dean walks away from the door to glare at his brother. “Come on Dean. You gotta tell her.”

“Shut up. No chick flicks,” Dean states walking away.

Mabel stared at her door with a lump in her throat that just won't go down. She felt nervous about going back. Everything will just remind her of her mistake. Maybe she should knock. She raises her hand but stops. She's not a stranger. Why does she have to knock just to go home? She goes on her tip toes and gets the spare on top the frame. She uses it to unlock the door then puts it back.

Shyly she walks in. To her surprise everything was clean and in order. Sure there were empty spaces that belonged to items no longer there. She makes a surprised look to see her uncles sleeping in the living room. Gabriel sprawled out on the floor, mouth wide open. Michael in the love seat, arm propped up to support his head. Balthazar taking up the couch, arm over his face as snores take over his breathing. Lucifer propped up by the couch, head leaned back on the cushion.

Mabel walks quietly to her room and opens it to see her Aunt sleeping in her bed. She closes the door and walks towards Castiel's room. She opens his door and he's asleep as well. She walks in closing the door behind her. Castiel's room is carpeted so she has to lift her feet a bit to make sure she doesn't make a scuffing sound. She makes it to his bed and kneels down. He looked more tired than usual. She folds her arms on the edge of the bed and uses them as a make-shift pillow and just stares at her father. She felt guilty for ruining his life. That she brought Ray in and had his friends steal all of Castiel's possessions. She started to get upset about it and hid her face in her arms. She really liked living with Castiel. He saved her, gave her a place to stay, introduced her to his family, sent her to school and let her meet Dean. Because of Castiel she was here.

“Mabel?”

She tilts her head to the side and sees Castiel rubbing his eyes.

“I'm sorry if I woke you,” She murmurs.

“No, no it's fine,” He says all too quickly. He sits up slightly to look at her. “I'm just glad you're okay.” Mabel almost backs away when he pets her head. He hugs her when she starts to tear up.

“I'm so sorry,” She sobs into his shoulder. “ I never should have brought Ray over. I never should have bumped into him in the first place!”

Castiel hushes her, petting her head, “I would never get rid of you. It's okay. I'm not mad about what happened. I was just so worried that you got hurt.”

“B-but … your stuff?”

“I don't care,” He says. “All I care about is that you're safe.”

Mabel cries more, “I'm sorry!” Castiel continues calming her down. “I like living here! Please don't send me back! I don't want to go back to foster care! Don't give me away!”

“I would never give you away!” He shouts looking at her. “I will never do that to you!” Mabel sobs into his shoulder feeling relieved to hear him say that to her. He will never get rid of her. He wasn't going to be like her parents.

Once she calmed down they walked out of Castiel's room to the living room. Michael was the first to wake up.

“Mabel!” He shouts getting up from his seat. This caused a chain reaction. Balthazar twitched awake, causing his shin to collide with the back of Lucifer's head, making him swing his arm out smacking Gabriel in the thigh, which made him jolt upward making an obscene snort.

Mabel giggled at the sight, “Good Morning.” The brother's walk over to her quickly and engulfed her in a group hug. Castiel stepped away as to not get caught in it. Feeling that he lost Mabel in the mess of his brother's, he went to wake his sister.

“I can't breathe,” Mabel gasps moving her head away from Balthazar's chest. They stepped away enough to let her breathe.

Luke frowned, “What happened to your face?”

“One of the men hit me,” She replied gently touching her cheek.

“Come on let's get some ice on that,” Michael says taking her by the arm. He guided her to the kitchen. The group follow along like ducklings.

Ana and Castiel walk out and saw their brother's crowding around Mabel. It was disturbing how attached their siblings were to her. And they can obviously see it on her face that she found it strange too.

Even though Mabel already had breakfast at the Winchester home, she decided to spend time with her aunt and uncles before they had to leave.

“Dean invited me to the homecoming game,” Mabel smiles.

Balthazar smiles, “That's kind of him. What player is he?”

“A quarterback.”

“Ooh, Mabel falling for the strong quarterback,” Ana teases. She nudges her niece seeing her turn a bit pink.

“So you're not mad at the boy anymore?” Luke asks.

Gabriel scoffs, “Of course not! The guy pretty much rescued her last night.”

Mabel mutters, “I wouldn't say that he rescued me.”

Ana smirks, “Babe, he's your knight in shining armor.”

Michael eyes his younger siblings, “If I didn't know any better I’d say you two are trying to play match maker.”

Gabriel bats his eyes, “What ever gave you that impression?”

Mabel watches confused as her uncles talk it out about her and Dean. She leans over to Castiel, “Um, should I be worried?”

“Not really,” He sighs. “They won't do anything. All you need to do is to ignore them.”

Ignore them? What harm could they possibly do? It's only her and Dean. The guy she has feelings for. There's nothing they could do. Right?

Later that day, Mabel was finishing up some homework she hadn't finished after last night's fiasco. She was getting through her English homework when a knock came to her door.

“Come in,” She calls looking up. Castiel poked his head inside. “Castiel?”

He smiles, “I want to give you something.” Mabel turns towards him a little surprised. He walks fully into her room his hands behind his back. “Last night had me thinking. I don't really have a way in getting in touch with you in case of an emergency.” Mabel nods. He stands by her desk. “So I’m gibing you this.”

Castiel holds his hands out to show her a pink LG Lollipop GD580 phone. He smiles seeing the surprise and happiness on Mabel's face as she takes it from him.

“Wow,” She gasps. “Thank you! I've never had a cellphone before!” She stands up from her desk and hugs him. “Thank you so much!”

“You're welcome,” He says hugging her back. “You'll want to program some stuff first but over all my number's already in there.”

Mabel nods and just marvels at the new object in her hand. She couldn't wait to tell Dean.

Sam's cooking lunch while Dean's sitting at the table working on some homework.

“What's your costume for the Homecoming dance?” Sam asks as he mixes the sauce.

Dean shrugs, “I don't know. A cowboy?”

Sam scoffs turning around, “Seriously? A cowboy?” Dean glares at his brother. “What? All I’m saying is you could do better.” He looks back to the stove. “I haven't seen you dressed as a cowboy since you were eight.”

“I wasn't a cowboy,” Dean protests. “I was Indiana Jones. Douche.”

Sam rolls his eyes, “Whatever. Is Mabel going?”

Dean thinks for a minute, “I don't think so. I don't even think she knows there's a dance.”

“How does she not know?”

Dean shrugs, “She doesn't pay attention to these things.”

“Maybe you two should go together,” Sam mutters. “I doubt she'd go with anyone else.” Dean rolled his eyes and for once was glad he was doing his homework, that way with all the heavy thinking going on he'd at least drown out his brother.

“There's a dance coming up,” Castiel stated just before sipping from his glass.

Mabel looks at him, “Dance?”

He nods, “Yeah. Homecoming dance. It's usually after the game.”

A dance? Well, it's the first she's ever heard of it. This will be her first high school dance if she goes. Maybe she should go.

“It sounds like fun,” She smiles. “I think I’ll go.”

Castiel smiles at her, “That's good. You'll need a costume.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to get so many chapters up!

Please comment! Thank you!