Come in With the Rain

Shall We Dance?

Mabel was resisting the urge to reach up and scratch that itch sitting on her nose. God was it itchy. Like extremely itchy. That if it were to change color it would be radioactive red. So she scratched it.

“I told you not to move!”

Mabel dropped her arm and sighed, “Auntie Ana, I’m getting really tired. And I really need to use the restroom.”

“Told you not to drink water before she got you into that,” Lucifer teased. He put his beer down and pushed himself off the stool he was sitting in and stood next to his niece. “Honestly Ana aren't you running out of pins yet?”

“I got a backup in the bag,” Ana murmured focusing on a lacey part that just wasn't sticking.

The lady almost stabbed her niece when the front door swung open. Gabriel and Michael babbling about some football game they had witnessed not too long ago.

“Damn,” Gabriel prolonged imitating an African American woman. “Girl you looking fine!”

Mabel blushed, “Do you have to talk like that? It's embarrassing.”

Michael chuckles, “It's his way of coping.” The two walk over to her ready to hug her but she stopped them in fear of being skewered by thousands of pins running all along her torso.

Gabriel picked up the tail end of her costume, “Chiffon, Ana? Really?”

“Shut up,” Ana murmurs not really with an angry tone. “I'm going by reference.” Gabriel played with the feathers a bit before moving to get a good look at his niece. Ana stands up and grabs a medium sized drape and walked over to the tail end Gabriel just played with. The brothers found it fascinating how concentrated their sister was into her work.

“I've got burgers,” Castiel calls walking into the room. Ana growled annoyed she almost pricked the girl. “Wow, you look amazing.”

Mabel beams, “Thank you.” Ana attaches the drape to the bottom part of her costume. “Um, can I ask?” Ana hums. “Why does my costume need to be so revealing?”

“Because sweetie,” Ana hums from the tail end. “When you're younger you dress like princesses and when you get older you dress like sluts.”

Mabel frown, “I'm a 'slut'?”

“Ana!” Castiel shouts from the kitchen. He took out the napkins and glared at his sister.

Ana looked at him from the corner of her eye, “Oh come on Cassi, it was a figure of speech.”

“Plus she's not entirely wrong,” Michael pointed out.

“Okay first off,” Castiel started sounding irritated. “I was somewhat okay with the idea and possible design of her costume but the added comment was not necessary.”

Ana rolls her eyes, “Geez, I’m sorry Cas.” She goes back to fitting the drape to Mabel's costume. Mabel started to bounce and Ana practically shouted to her to stop moving.

“But I really need to use the restroom,” Mabel murmurs embarrassed to annouce it to a room of uncles. Ana moaned and helped Mabel go to the bathroom without messing up her costume.

Michael took the opportunity to look at his younger brother, “Are you sure on sending Mabel to the dance with that Dean boy?”

Castiel lays out his first burger, “Yes. I trust Dean and so does Mabel. Plus she really likes the boy.”

“But, I recall,” Michael adds. “He practically lied to her about having a 'sex' friend with that Lisa girl. Remember how torn up she looked when she found out?”

Castiel sighed with a sad look, “I do. But he's been really sweet to her. She even told me he called off the arrangement with Lisa just for her.”

Luke jumped into the conversation at that, “But it can't possibly be that easy to get over it like that.”

“And if I remember correctly,” Gabriel buts in. Castiel feared he may be on their older brothers' side. “Cas and Sam told us he was the first to run out the door to go find her. Something tells me he likes her too.” Cas was relieved he wasn't fighting this battle alone.

“So going to find Mabel makes him a hero?” Michael asks folding his arms across his chest.

Castiel mimics the look, “In my book yes.”

“What are you grumps arguing about?” Ana asks walking into the room.

Gabriel is the first to snitch, “Michael and Luke think it’s wrong of Mabel to go to the dance with Dean after he broke her heart for having a fling with Lisa.”

“Oh my god, are we in high school again?” She moans pinching the bridge of her nose. “You are all grown men deciding who Mabel falls for?”

Luke frowned, “The guy just doesn't deserve a second chance just like that. He needs to earn it.”

“And I think he earned it when he went out to find a missing Mabel,” Ana grunts. “Dudes, my dudes, listen to you. Mabel has a life of her own. Quit trying to choose it for her.”

“And if I recall I am her father, not you two,” Castiel added.

And that was the finisher to end all fights.

“I still don't like him,” Michael adds.

“Oh shove it Mike,” Gabe sighs.

Dean thought he looked like a regular Clint Eastwood. His authentic looking cowboy hat, long dark brown coat, dark denim jeans, light tan button up cotton shirt and black waist coat. His boots clicked every time he walked from the fake spurs he had on. The whole outfit would have been convincing except for the shiny plastic silver gun with the orange rubber tip sitting in his holster. God he looked like a wannabe six year old with it. He could have kept it there like Sam wanted but instead he tossed it deep into his closet and prayed that Sam didn't decided to check if he cleaned his room.

“Alright Dean,” Sam called. Dean groaned. He knows what awaits him. Sam's probably out there with his stupid camera posed to snap a shot of him. Dude, he's not 12 anymore.

Dean managed to drag his body out to the living room to meet his older brother. Sam was there alright and in his hands was that stupid camera. Sam of course had a costume on since he was gonna go to a costume party with his girlfriend, whom Dean has had the chance to meet yet.

“Let's go next door to get a picture of you with Mabel,” Sam said picking up fake sun glasses. Only no account talentless hacks wear sunglasses when it's dark.

Dean double checked himself. Phone, wallet, no stupid plastic piece of shit sitting on his hip. Check and check. He and Sam walked out and knocked on the door over. They waited for a minute before Mabel opened the door.

Her hair had a nice wave to it. There was a medium sized black top hat that had little bows decorating the base of it. Long black hand less gloves covered her forearms up to her elbow. Her corset was white with a small pink tint but mostly white that had black laces on the side and back like a real corset. Black bows went down the front as a thin black layer of chiffon covered the chest area. She had a black skirt on that had a medium sized drape attached to it that had chiffon on top of it. The drape reached to the backs of her calves and her legs were covered in black striated nylons. Her shoes were black boots with three white bows on the sides of each shoe. Her makeup was smokey looking with two sequences on the corner of her eyes.

“Hello, Sam,” Mabel greeted to the older gentleman. She looked to Dean and blushed. “Hello, Dean.”

The brothers stood there eyes wide mouth gaping open. Damn, she looked good. I mean Dean looked okay but then you look to Mabel and holy shit, Dean just put the plastic gun back in its holster.

She stepped aside and let the two in. But they literally just stood in the door way staring.

“Um,” She mumbles fiddling with her manicured hands. “Are you okay?”

Sam, being the adult in the situation breaks first, “You look amazing.”

Mabel moves some hair from her face, “Thank you Sam.” She looks to Dean. “You look very handsome Dean.”

Dean would have remarked that he makes anything look good but that would be an understatement compared to the costume Mabel's got on.

“Mabel, come here. Let me touch up a few seams before you go,” Ana calls walking out of Castiel's room. She saw Sam and Dean and greeted the two as following, “Oh hey.” She walks to Mabel and kneels down. Castiel walks out with a camera and sees his two neighbors.

“Hello Sam. Dean,” Cas smiles. “Nice cowboy costume Dean.”

“Thanks,” Dean finally manages to speak. Sam goes over to Castiel to talk about tonight's arrangements while Dean goes over to watch Ana work more on Mabel's costume.

Dean rubs the back of his neck, “You...you look really... awesome.” He sounded so small and shy he might as well have kept his mouth shut.

“Thank you Dean,” Mabel smiles shyly.

Ana stands up and pats Mabel on the shoulder, “You're all set. I'd say my best outfit to you yet.”

“Thank you so much Auntie Ana,” Mabel smiles hugging her red headed aunt. Ana hugged her back.

“Alright, you two get together,” Sam calls waving his hand to gesture that they stand close.

Mabel moves to Dean's left side. He didn't hesitate to wrap his arm around her waist. Her hand rested on his back and they posed for their picture. Mabel's free hand rested on her hip as Ana instructed her to puff out her chest and lift her leg up to rest on Dean's hip. Dean looked down to the body part and regretted not cleaning out the pipes. His other hand went to his hat and tipped it in a cowboy salute.

The family took their pictures then Dean was walking Mabel out to his car. He growled at passerby's whistling and hooting at her. Which made him want to push her into his car so no one will have to look at her until the dance.

“Dicks,” Dean grunted sliding into his baby. Mabel looked at him confused. “Oh come on! You didn't notice that just now?”

“The men commenting on my costume?”

“Yes! You're with me not them!” Dean hissed. Mabel's eyes widened a bit. She was with Dean, as in..? She tilted her head as if the sudden incline would solve the problem that is Dean Winchester. He notices and adds, “You're my date, not theirs.”

He starts the car and Mabel felt relaxed with his answer. Maybe if he keeps saying that she was his then it would be true. Or is that just something friend's say to their friends? Her relaxed nature diminished as she rode in the front.

Dean was mentally banging his head against the steering wheel. Why did he have to get all jealous and protective for? He wasn't dating Mabel! She wasn't his girlfriend! And he wasn't her boyfriend. God he was making himself depressed right now.

He jumped when Mabel sat up abruptly, “Look at all the people!” He looks out and sees their school gym and the many students walking in costumes. “This is going to be so much fun.”

His mini depression went away when he watched her get excited over something as a dance. They circled the parking lot three times and decided to park in a teacher's spot. Dean helped Mabel out of the car and right away she got a hoot.

“Damn baby you look so fine!”

“I'd like a piece of that!”

“Hey honey you wanna shimmy with me?”

Dean growled, “Piss off!”

Shit, he did it again.

Mabel rested a hand on his arm, “Thanks.” He felt relief in her small gesture and they walked together. Music poured out of the doors and loud chatter. It was going to be hard to find anyone in the huge crowd. Dean stands tall to find someone remotely familiar. Chuck and Andy were standing by the punch bowl so Dean grabbed Mabel's hand and pulled her towards them.

“Chuck! Andy!” Dean shouted loud over the music. The two look up and waved but stopped half way when they saw Mabel.

“Holy- Damn Mabel! Looking good!” Chuck compliments.

She smiles, “Thank you, Chuck. Um, you look....very... uh...interesting.”

Chuck gestures to his body, “I'm a journalist that got shot by the mob.”

“And the seaweed?” She questions pointing to the green strips on his suit.

“They tossed me in the river to sleep with the fishes,” He continues.

“But you're dead?”

He opens his mouth only to have Dean finish, “Figure of speech.” Mabel nods in understanding.

“Hello Andy,” She greets. “You look very colorful.”

“Far out man,” Andy chuckles before sipping the punch. Mabel goes out for a cup but he catches her wrist. “I wouldn't.”

“Why not?”

“Someone spi- put alcohol in it,” He stated. Mabel makes a face and pulls back.

Loud laughter and panting comes from behind them and its Tessa and Becky. Tessa has a set of black wings on her back and plastic scythe while Becky is dressed like Cat girl. They stopped laughing and took a good look at Mabel.

“Wow, I feel like shit,” Tessa hums walking over to Mabel. She eyes her friend up and down. “Damn your aunt did a fine job.”

Becky pouts, “Now I feel stupid for going as a cat!”

“That's 'cause you didn't put any thought into it,” Chuck stated.

Victor and Garth walked up to their little group.

“Damn,” Victor announces eyeing Mabel up and down.

“Everyone keeps saying that tonight,” Mabel blushes. “Do I seriously look that good?”

“Are you kidding!” Garth laughs. “You're giving Lisa a run for the money!” He points over to the middle where a group of dancing girls were. And in the middle was Lisa Braeden dressed as provocative looking green fairy.

Mabel compliments, “Oh she looks very nice.”

Tessa and Becky look each other, and then Becky speaks, “You know what we should do!”

“What?”

Becky and Tessa link arms with Mabel, “Let's go dance over there.” Before Mabel could protest they were shoving past people making sure her costume didn't get ruined. Dean only watched in amusement and slight confusion as to what just happened. He picked up a spiked cup and took a big gulp out of it tasting the tang of vodka.

Mabel was looking between the two girls pushing her towards the sea of people gyrating. They stopped when they were in ear shot of Lisa.

“Hey Mabel,” Becky shouted. “Great costume.” The three girls start dancing a little.

“Becky I don't get why you commented on my costume again for?” Mabel questions shaking her hips a bit.

Tessa adds, “Only 'cause it's that awesome.” She looks over and sees the irritated look on Lisa's face as she watches Mabel.

Lisa finally shouts over, “What garbage can did you find that costume in?”

Tessa and Becky glare at the bitch.

“I didn't find this in no garbage can,” Mabel gestures innocently. “My aunt made it for me.”

Lisa laughs, “Couldn't afford a costume?”

“I could but my aunt is a fashion designer so she made it,” Mabel states. Lisa was getting beyond annoyed by Mabel's naïve ways.

“Who's your aunt then?”

“Ana Tippins.”

Loud gasps surround her.

“What?”

Becky grips her wrist, “Your aunt is Ana Tippins of the Heaven clothes line!”

“Um, I guess,” Mabel mutters. “She brings me clothes every time she's in town.”

Lisa bites her lip, “Well good 'cause some homeless illiterate needs the charity!”

No one said anything.

One of her friends spoke, “Dude, Lisa. That wasn't cool.”

Becky and Tessa shake their heads as they take Mabel away from the floor. Lisa looks around like she did nothing wrong as her friends walk away from her.

“What happened?” Dean asked going over to a sad looking Mabel.

“Lisa happened,” Tessa said passing off Mabel to her date. “She called her a homeless illiterate.”

Dean practically burst with anger hearing the insult. He had the right mind to yell at Lisa to stay away from him and Mabel forever.

Mabel put a hand on his, “Dean its fine. I've been called worse.” He stares at her. There was hurt in her eyes but it quickly went away when she looked at him. “Let's just go dance okay?”

He nods and takes her to the farther off part of the dance floor hoping to avoid Lisa and her venom tongue.

“I just don't get her problem,” Dean sighs as he moves with Mabel. “I think she might have a grudge against you.”

“I think I can understand,” Mabel says. Dean gives her a questioned look. “I mean I’d be upset too if you were with another girl.” Dean stopped dancing and stared at his friend. Mabel stopped too, worried she may have done something wrong. She thinks about it then realizes what she said. She starts to rant on, “I mean it’s my opinion. You can date whoever you want. I'm not gonna stop you. Sure it might bother me a little- forget I just said that. What I’m trying to say is-”

“Mabel, do you like me?”

Mabel squeezes her eyes shut and closes her mouth. God he found out. She had to open her mouth. Now he's probably gonna reject how she feels and their friendship will never be the same.

“Mabel?”

She whispers her reply only to have him ask, “What?”

“Yes,” She whimpers louder. “I do like you.”

Mabel waited for the crashing blow of Dean saying his rejection. Instead she heard a sigh of relief and laughter following. She meets his gaze and he's laughing. Was he making fun of her? How rude!

“Dean this-”

“I like you too!” He blurts out with a smile like they just found something completely in common.

Mabel's mouth hung open from her incomplete sentence.

Not exactly what she was predicting but it was way better than her assumption. So much better than what she was thinking the entire time she held onto her feelings. A heavy feeling that was sitting on her heart left and she felt lighter.

“God,” Dean chuckles. “I thought it was just me! I feel so much better!”

Mabel tilts her head still trying to wrap her mind around everything. So, Dean likes her and she likes him. Does this mean...they date now?

Dean watches as Mabel thinks way too logically on the situation. To make her stop her grabs her and pulls her into a tight hug. Mabel's face explodes and she starts babbling about what was happening.

“Dude,” He calls pulling her out at arm’s length. “Relax. This is a good thing isn't it?” She nods. “We both like each other right?” She nods again. “Then everything is well in the world.” Mabel blushes.

She was still worried about what they were gonna do next. Like do they kiss or something? She gets flustered about the thought of kissing Dean.

“So let's make this official huh?” He says leaning down to look her in the eye. “Wanna go out with me?”

“Go out where?” She asks curious as to why Dean would want to leave all of a sudden.

Dean was just too happy to care how clueless she was, “Be my girlfriend Mabel. That's what I meant.”

Mabel makes an understanding face and then nods happily. She hugs Dean once more and they start dancing again. They'll tell their friends later.

“I'll be back in a little bit,” Mabel told Dean as she goes off to find the bathroom. She goes to the mirror to fix her face of any possible errors.

She looks up hearing crying coming from one of the stalls. She turns around and looks under for people. She sees a single pair of feet in one of the stalls.

“Hello?” Mabel calls. “Are you okay?”

“I'm...fine,” The voice sobbed. The way they cried was hard to make out who it might be.

Mabel walks over to the stall, “Are you sure?”

“Yes,” the voice said desperate for loneliness.

Mabel frowned that this person was feeling sad during a wonderful party. She stands by the door and asks, “Would you like someone to talk to?”

The person cries for a bit more then says, “Yeah, I'd like that.”

Mabel smiles feeling she made break through, “Would you like to tell me what's wrong?”

She heard the toilet paper roll sound as the person inside rolls out for some tissues, “I don't know why I was so mean! Now everyone sees me as a total bitch! I mean she took him away from me!” Mabel listened to her explanation whole hearted. “She looks like a really nice girl but I’m just so mad he picked her over me! Like what does she have that I don't?”

“Have you thought about going out and talking to her?” Mabel asks kindly. “As in, you have a kind conversation with her and then maybe you can understand?”

“Why would I? She's obviously asking for pity?” The person asks all too icy. “She thinks she can just come into his life and ask for his help.”

“Maybe she really did need his help?”

It was silent for a minute.

Mabel starts up, “So what I’m getting is that you are angry at yourself for being incredibly mean to this girl because the boy you like chose her over you, even though you don't know this girl that well?”

It was silent, the voice mumbled, “Yeah?”

“What you need to do is, first start with an apology, then actually speak to this girl. Maybe this girl is actually good for this boy and he's good for her as well? Have you ever thought about his happiness?”

Mabel got concerned a bit that she may have over stepped her bounds when the person in the stall didn't talk. What she wasn't expecting was for Lisa to walk out with her make up ruined.

“Lisa?” Mabel questioned surprised.

Lisa looked at Mabel confused but angry, “Did you know I was in there?”

Mabel shook her head, “No. Are you okay?”

Lisa sniffed and composed herself, “Yeah.” Mabel looked at the floor. She could feel that Lisa was going to say something harsh to her. Judging from the problems she was telling her anonymously, Lisa really didn't like her. “What you were saying earlier, thank you.”

Mabel looks at the crying girl, “Huh?”

“You helped me realize that I judged you too quickly,” Lisa went on. “You're a sweet girl.”

Mabel smiled, “Thank you and you're welcome.”

“So you and Dean?”

“Yes.”

“It's about time!”

Dean was sitting in a plastic chair waiting for Mabel when he heard her coming out talking to Lisa. First off he had the right mind to tell Lisa to stay away from his girlfriend, but by the way they were laughing and talking, and maybe the smudged mascara lines on Lisa's face, the two are on decent terms.

“Mabel,” Dean called. Mabel saw him and waved. She and Lisa walked over to him with smiles. “Lisa.”

“Hi Dean,” She waved shyly. “I'm gonna go back to my date. Have fun you two.” She gave Mabel a tight squeeze before going into the dancing crowd.

“Did I miss something?” Dean asks with a smile pulling Mabel close to him.

Mabel ran her hands down the lapels of his jacket, “We talked for a while and now she wants to see if she can go shopping with me and my aunt sometime.”

Dean smiles, “That's good. I'm happy you got that matter settled out, especially for me. I was worried I was gonna have to scream at her. Thanks.”

Mabel looks at him fondly, “You're welcome.”

They stayed at the dance for two more hours before Dean decides to get her home. But they stopped to get dinner before they went home. They sat at that familiar diner they went to when Gabriel took them to the movies.

They shared a basket of fries and ordered their own milkshake.

“You want to go somewhere with me tomorrow?” Dean asks dipping a fry in some ketchup.

Mabel pulls away from her milkshake licking her lips, “Like where?”

Dean shrugs, “Just somewhere with me.” He punctuates his sentence with a smile.

“I'd love that,” Mabel smiles taking his hand in hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to Comment!