Come in With the Rain

Come On Love

It was definitely getting cold out. There may be signs of snow. Mabel's been dressing warm and Dean thinks she looks cute all wrapped up. Also it means no one will be looking at her. Today he was ordered by Sam and Castiel to take her out for a while. And he knows exactly why.

<i>This is probably Mabel's first Christmas with a real family.</i>

Dean sat in the living room with Castiel and Sam. Castiel had asked them over to discuss Christmas. He had a plan to surprise Mabel about Christmas by not really telling her any of their plans. The only thing she does know is that once again the Winchester family will meet with the Tippins family for a seasonal gathering. But she wasn't aloud to know where.

“I'll get her presents,” Castiel stated. “Sam can you provide the decorations?”

Sam nods, “I'll get a tree too.”

Dean asks, “What do I do?”

“Simple.”

<i>Just act natural.</i>

Dean can keep a straight face through anything. That's how he suckered Chuck out of his lunch money for a month. But the fact at keeping a secret from Mabel seriously bothered him. He did it once before and that ended in their first fight as friends. Well this is a good secret so it shouldn't be too bad.

“Dean,” Mabel called with a shy smile. “Where are we going?”

Dean drummed his hands on his steering wheel, “It's a secret.” He playfully covered Mabel's eyes. “Which means you can't look.”

She giggled as she moved away from his hand. “Dean.”

They were far into the city already when Dean parked his baby in a nearby parking lot. He locked her up good just in case. He took Mabel's hand and they walked down the sidewalk together. They window shopped and talked. Mabel would talk about how she loved seeing the Christmas trees decorated so elaborately and Dean would talk about how he used to stay up almost all night waiting for Santa only to fall asleep on the couch.

Mabel bumped shoulders with a random man, “Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?”

The man turns, “I'm fine.” He looks up and gasps. Mabel looks at him confused. “Mabel?”

“Do I know you?” She asks.

Dean takes a step next to her gripping her hand, “What's wrong?” She shakes her head looking very worried.

“Mabel,” The man smiles breath going fast. “It's me. Daddy.”

Dean could feel her go stiff. Was this man really who he said he was?

Mabel stutters, “D-daddy?”

“Yes!” He says excited then he looks above her. “There's your mom. Laura!” Mabel shook as she looked behind her. A woman was running over but stopped only to move a hand to her mouth. “Laura, it's Mabel.”

Mabel was lost. She didn't know what to do. Her actual parents were standing in front of her and talking to her as if she were a good friend of theirs.

“Oh honey!” Laura gasps. “We found our daughter!”

Dean probably was just as lost but became alarmed when Mabel's grip loosened.

Laura goes in for a hug, “Mabel. Sweetie!” Dean moves in front of Mabel shielding her from the two people. “Excuse me! Can you please move so I may hug my daughter?”

“She isn't your daughter!” Dean barks. The two gasp scandalized by the fact. “She never was your daughter! You gave her up!”

Laura frowned and leaned into her husband, “Oh David. This boy is trying to keep us away from our daughter.”

David held onto his wife, “Son you should be ashamed of yourself.”

“<i>I </i>should be <i>ashamed</i> of myself!” Dean exclaims putting emphasis on the certain words. “You two should be! How dare you come up to Mabel and act as if you've done nothing wrong! Act as if those many years ago was nothing but a little blip in your history!”

Mabel whispers, “Dean.”

“You people are so full of it that you don't deserve to even be near her!” Dean shouts. He grabs Mabel's hand and turns.

David shouts, “Hey! Where are you taking our daughter!”

Dean stops and barks, “I'm taking her home! To her real family!”

Mabel tries desperately to keep up with her boyfriend. There was a look of fury on his face and she wasn't sure if she could remove it.

“Dean. Dean, please slow down,” She calls. And when she starts to think he won't, he does. They come to a stop.

Dean isn't looking at her finding the pavement much more interesting. His shoulders were heaving as if he carried all her pain and all his anger on them. He seems to calm down when Mabel places her hands on his cheeks. Slowly they look at each other.

“Thank you,” She smiles. Her arms snake around his shoulders and she hugs him. “Thank you so much.” His arms go around her midsection and hugs her.

“I'm sorry that our date got ruined,” He hushes into the side of her face. “I promise I won't let anything happen to you.”

They climb into his car and decide to head back early. He sent a text to Castiel and to Sam about how they were heading back early due to a bad day.

Mabel held Dean's hand and leaned on him for support. He was her support. He was what kept her standing at that very moment.

“Hey guys,” Sam greets sitting at the island. But the smile he had on dropped to a frown. “What's wrong?”

Dean spoke for Mabel, “We bumped into Mabel's parents.”

Castiel stood up as fast as he could, “What!”

Dean was growling now, “Those assholes came up to us and acted as if Mabel was something that belonged to them. They even wanted to take her away. Take her back home with them.”

Castiel looked to his daughter, “Mabel is this true.”

There was a look of sadness on her face. Hell her lip quivered just before she pressed her hands to her eyes and began to cry. All three of them surrounded her and hugged her. She cried into Dean's chest, “Why! Why did they do it!”

Castiel petted her hair, “It's okay Mabel. You have us. We're here.”

“I don't want to go with them!” She cries. “I don't want to be left alone again!”

Dean squeezes her, “It's alright Mabel. It's alright. We're not going to leave you. You're safe here.”

She shouts, “And they acted as if the past years of my life weren't terrible!”

“It's not terrible anymore,” Sam coos. “You have a loving father. A boyfriend who loves you and a family that cares about you.”

Mabel stopped babbling and just kept sobbing until those died down to a simple sniffle. She cleared her eyes and looked up at all three of them. “Thank you,” She whimpered her voice shakey. “I'm so glad I have all of you.” And their hearts turned back to normal when her gentle smile crosses over her face.

Dean huffs, “Now your pretty face is ruined because of them.”

She giggles and Sam says, “Dude. Could you be any gayer?”

“Shut up, bitch!”

“Jerk.”

Mabel was absolutely happy to see John again. And he felt the same. It made the family closer when he said and I quote, 'To hell with those people! You've got two perfectly great families right here.'

Her spoiled day turned into a perfect one seeing the rest of her family walk in. She hugged each and every one of them as they went through the door. Castiel's apartment held the whole Tippins family. The little island they use to have breakfast was covered from end to end with food. The small plastic tree decorated from top to bottom was now gone, stacked high with boxes.

There were traditional games played that Mabel gladly participated in. Games involving candy cane balancing, gingerbread men shooting, and a good old fashion game of hide the egg nog from papa Winchester.

Dean sat close to Mabel as they sit near the piles of boxes waiting for the minutes to tick by. She leaned her head on his shoulder feeling as calm and happy with him being there.

Ana called the family to the table for dinner. Since Castiel didn't have a family size table everyone just stood around with a plate in their hand for the family prayer.

“Dear lord,” Castiel's father announces to the silent room. “We thank you for the chance to get together like this once more. We thank you for the gifts sitting under our tree and the food we are about to enjoy. We thank you for bringing Dean to Mabel.”

Mabel looks down blushing as her uncle Gabriel and Balthazar hoot at her. Dean just smiles fondly to her as the prayer continues.

“Thank you for the glorious year and we hope for more days to come,” Castiel's father finishes.

“Amen.”

They all find a spot, either at the table covered with food, the floor, or the couch. Mabel sat with Dean on the floor enjoying their dinner. Gabriel sat with them along with Sam.

“Having a great Christmas so far Mabel?” Sam asks pushing food to the side.

Mabel pushes food to the side and covers her mouth with her hand, “Yes. I'm so happy.”

Gabriel smirks, “You're going to love my gift!”

“What makes you say that?” Dean muses.

“It's something she's always wanted,” Her uncle states triumphantly.

“Which is?”

Gabriel clicks his tongue and waves a finger, “Uh , uh. Not so fast. Wait til midnight.”

“Sorry Mabel,” Dean shrugs. She giggles. “I tried.”

“Well you gave it your best shot,” She says putting a hand on his arm. The group laughs lightly.

After dinner there was a light discussion and the whole family sat near the tree. Dean watched the clock waiting for the six minutes to midnight.

“You know Mabel,” Ana calls draping her arms over her niece's shoulders. “My company has been looking for more teen models for the new teen line coming out. And I know how much you love wearing my clothes, would you like to do me a favor in becoming one of my models?”

Mabel blushes, “A model?” Ana nods eagerly. “I...I could think about it.”

Ana smiles, “Just give me a call when you've made up your mind.” She squeezes the teen then moves to the other side of the room to do something else.

Mabel sits by the tree contemplating her answer. Of course it's not just her decision but Castiel's as well. And Dean's of course.

“12 o'clock!” Gabriel and Luke sing arms on each of their shoulders. “Merry Christmas!”

“Merry Christmas!” Everyone sings. Castiel's parents share a kiss and everyone else hugs it out.

Except Mabel and Dean. They stood across from each other shyly. A hug would be nice but it wouldn't be as intimate as a kiss. Mabel rubs the side of her arm as Dean rubs his neck. How was this going to happen?

“Merry Christmas, Dean,” Mabel hums with a loving smile.

He greets back, “Merry Christmas.”

Time to be a man Dean. He decided to make the first move. He'd stop when Mabel would take an inch back but relax when she'd take it back.

She just needed to breathe and to relax. Dean was just going to kiss her. Her first kiss. No big deal. No pressure.

He needed to be slow. For Mabel. His girlfriend. The girl that he likes. Possibly more.

After so many seconds pass they were finally close that their mouths could feel each others breath. Mabel's face felt warm and she just needed to close her eyes. Dean moved in closing the gap and finally planting his lips on her.

“Finally!”

They tore away so fast it looked like their kiss burned. Everyone was cheering and clapping for the two. Dean looked to Mabel who was looking to the floor.

Was the kiss unpleasant? Did he mess it up somehow?

She looked towards him, her cheeks beet red. She leaned in and kissed him once more on the lips.

Guess there's his answer.

“Present time!”

Dean took Mabel's hand and they were guided to the foot of the tree. Everyone surrounded the green plant ready for their gifts.

“Alright,” Castiel calls. He picks up a big box. “The first gift of the day goes to Mabel.”

Everyone claps and films the occasion. Mabel gives her thanks to the sender and rips the colorful wrapping off. New clothes. She giggles and jokes about having too much clothes. And then Castiel continues to pass out the gifts.

Since Dean and Mabel were the children of the group, they obviously got more than others.

“Hey,” Castiel calls kneeling down and reaching in the back. He pulls out a small white box with a simple red bow on it. “Who's this for?”

Mabel sees it and gasps, “Oh can I see that?” He hands the gift to her. She turns to Dean. “Um, I really wasn't sure what to get you but, I remembered the charm you have around your neck.” She passes the gift over to him. “I hope you like it.”

Dean removes the lid and inside is a silver sun charm with a chain. He marvels at it as he takes it out.

“Thanks,” He breathes. He slips it over his head to let it dangle next to the charm that Sam had given him many Christmases ago. “I love it.”

Mabel beams, “I'm happy that you do.” He leans over and kisses her.

Once the wrapping paper was thrown away everyone just sat in the living room watching Christmas movies. Mabel had a blanket over her and Dean as they watched from the floor.

She was so happy with her life. So happy that Castiel had found her in that alley and brought her into his life. That she met Dean and they were happily together. Everything was just perfect right now.

“Hey,” Dean calls. He sits straight to look at her. “What's wrong?”

She chuckles, “I'm just...really happy right now.” She wipes the tears from her eyes. “I've never thought I’d be able to have a life like this. Thank you.”

He kisses the side of her face, “Your welcome.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter to the series. Comment.
And thanks for reading!