Come in With the Rain

Best Day

Mabel had to wake up extra early the following morning. She put on a white low cut shirt that had three buttons at the top and stopped just above her hips barely showing a sliver of skin, and a pair of denim jeans. She put on some socks and her boots. She went to the bathroom to do something about her hair. Not really sure what to do she just ruffled her hair giving it a wild look.

“Mabel, Dean's here!” Castiel called to her. Mabel swallowed, grabbed a jacket that Ellen gave her, and left her room. Dean stood in the space by the door.

Mabel waves to him, grabs the paper bag lunch that Castiel had prepared for her. She hugs Castiel goodbye and goes to Dean.

“You ready?” Dean smiles.

“I'm a little nervous,” She admits to him.

“It's only your first day,” He mentions. “Everyone feels nervous on their first day.”

Dean leads Mabel out of the apartment and to the elevators. Mabel may feel nervous but she actually felt excited to go to Dean's school. Or to just go to school in general.

Dean could tell that Mabel was happy. It felt nice seeing her look happy instead of looking to the ground. Which almost makes him want to ask her why she left without a word yesterday, but he just didn't want to ruin it.

They walked out of the building.

“My baby's parked across the street,” He tells her.

“You drive?” Mabel asks sounding more excited than astonished. Dean smirks and nods. “What kind of car?”

“A '67 Chevy Impala,” He replies. “Sam tells me it used to belong to my Dad before he would drive her around.”

“Her?”

“Of course,” Dean laughs.

He leads her across the street and shows her his car. Mabel's face lit up when she saw the sheik black car sitting in the garage. Boy, Dean was so happy the sky was clear. He really wanted to see Mabel's face when he had the windows rolled down.

Mabel slid into the passenger side admiring the interior. She smiled hearing Dean turn the ignition on. The car was in such beautiful condition. What caught her by surprise was the music suddenly playing loudly, startling her and making her jump back against the seat.

“Sorry,” Dean chuckled as he turned down his Led Zepplin tape.

Mabel laughs lightly, “You must really like loud music.”

Dean nods, “And you don't?”

“I don't really know what I like,” Mabel shrugs. Dean doesn't dwell too much on it, since he was going to be late if he decided to play another round of twenty questions with Mabel.

Dean proved himself right when he thought of Mabel with the windows down. The look of contempt and relaxation on her face as the warm breeze hits her in the face.

“Do you always drive with the windows down Dean?” Mabel calls to him with a smile on her face.

“Only when I feel like it,” He replies with a smile on his face.

Mabel, still smiling, sighs, “This feels nice.” Dean laughs quietly to himself as he makes the correct turn to his school.

His school looks like the typical high school. The huge football field sitting off to the side of the school, the front of it looked homely but very intimidating, and the students walking in as bunches looked like they'd rather be somewhere else. Mable frowned as she stared out the window at the large building.

“I don't want to go in there,” She muttered.

Dean chuckles, “Neither do I but we have to.” He climbs out and motions for her to follow. He takes Mabel's bagged lunch and tucks it in his bag.

“So, this is what you do,” He explains. “Walk in.” They pass through the doors.

Mabel looked around at the people. They looked like they enjoyed coming to school only for their friends. She walked faster while looking a head when a group of good looking boys hooted at her. Dean stopped at his locker. He opened it and started emptying his books onto the shelf.

“Don't ever put your lunch in your locker,” Dean states leaving their lunches in his bag.

“Why?” Mabel asks.

“Because there is always at least one person who has the worst smelling locker and you don't want your lunch smelling like theirs,” He replies.

Mabel pulls a face feeling grossed out.

“Oh hey,” Tessa calls walking up to them. “I didn't know you were bringing Mabel today.”

“Yeah, it was a little last minute,” Dean replied waving to her.

Mabel waves, “Hi Tessa.” Tessa waves back.

“Shouldn't you get her a guest pass?” Tessa asks.

Dean closes his locker after getting what he needs, “Yeah I'm going right now. You want to come?”

She shakes her head, “No thanks. I gotta go meet Becky about our AP English project that's due next Friday.” She waves. “See you in history?” Dean gives her a thumbs up as she turns and leaves.

“Come on, the office is this way,” He tells making Mabel follow. But he was stopped by a few of his teammates. He growled quietly and moved in front of Mabel recognizing the goons.

“Hey, Winchester.”

“What do you want Gordon?” Dean growls glaring at his teammate.

“Just want to see the pretty thing by your side,” Gordon smirked eying Mabel up and down.

“Dean?” Mabel called moving behind him.

He looked over his shoulder, “It's okay Mabel.”

“Mabel?” Gordon calls coolly. “That's a pretty name.”

Mabel wasn't sure if this Gordon person was being nice or just very intimidating. Either way she didn't like him.

Dean takes her hand and maneuvers around Gordon and his friends but Gordon steps in front of him.

“Get out of my way Gordon,” Dean orders glaring angrily at his teammate. It annoys him that they are teammates and yet Gordon can still bother the crap out of him. Gordon smirks and moves out of his way. Mabel followed close to Dean as they walked around.

“What ever you do, don't ever, ever talk to Gordon Walker,” Dean tells Mabel. “He's an asshole.”

Mabel nods understanding after that little scene.

Dean gets Mabel a guest pass to walk around the school and takes her to his first hour, Biology. They sat in the back together along with Victor, who was in his class, as his teacher went on lecturing. Mabel looked at all the jars sitting on the back counters. She made sure not to bother Dean's education. When it was time to break up into partners Dean wasn't allowed to partner with Mabel.

“Hi Dean.”

Dean looked up and smiled, “Hi Lisa.”

Mabel looked ahead and saw the pretty brunette standing in front of Dean with a notebook.

“Who's your friend?” Lisa asks looking to Mabel.

“This is my neighbor Mabel,” Dean introduces. “Uh, Mabel this is Lisa.”

Mabel asks, “Your girlfriend?” Dean heard Victor snicker.

Lisa giggles, “You could kinda say that.”

Mabel leans her head to the side a bit, “What do you mean?”

Lisa was about to speak when Dean interrupted, “Just girlfriend. Nothing more.” Lisa looked at Dean confused and a bit angry, but the look Dean gave her meant that they needed to keep their 'relationship' a secret from Mabel.

“Yeah,” Lisa agreed a little annoyed.

Mabel secretly bit her lower lip and looked over to Victor, “I'm going to go see what Victor's up to.” She hops off her stool to let Lisa work with Dean.

“What the hell was that?” Lisa hisses quietly to Dean.

“She doesn't know that I'm sleeping with you,” Dean admits running a hand over his face. “And Tessa was stupid enough to tell her that we're dating.”

“Dean, we both know this isn't nothing,” Lisa states. Dean heaves a sigh and looks over his shoulder to see Mabel smiling with Victor. He couldn't believe Mabel just walked away like that.

After the hour was over, Dean walked Mabel to his second hour, Algebra 2.

“Uh, did Lisa make you uncomfortable?” Dean ask as they walked through the halls.

Mabel shook her head calmly, “No. She's your girlfriend and I only left so you two could work together.”

Dean could sense that Mabel was covering up something.

The desks around Dean were all filled so Mabel had to sit in the back and his math teacher was an ass and wouldn't let him move to the back to keep Mabel company.

“Hi.”

Mabel looked to her right. A boy with blonde hair hunched over and smiling at her was waving slightly to her.

“Hi,” She greeted back in a whisper.

“I'm Adam,” He greeted.

She smiled, “I'm Mabel.” He reached over to shake her hand and Mabel met him halfway to shake his.

“So are you from another school or something?” Adam asks her quietly while his teacher talked.

“No, I don't go to school,” Mabel replied.

“Drop out?”

“More like, never went,” She chuckles.

Dean looked back to check on Mabel. His eyes widened slightly to see Mabel engaged in a conversation with Adam Miligan. She looked really into it. Hell she was even smiling the way she would when she talked to him. It pissed him off for some reason.

“Mr. Miligan, solve number 28,” His math teacher ordered. Dean could have honest to God thanked his teacher for breaking up their conversation.

Mabel felt bad that she got Adam in trouble but he reassured her that he always got picked on by his teacher. She liked Adam. He was nice to her just like how Dean was.

Dean almost laughed when he saw Mabel fall fast asleep in his English class. Hell he'd fall asleep to if he could, it was that boring of a subject. Just seeing her sleeping like that in the open, made her an easy target to get pranked. By him. Well he didn't want to do anything too harsh to her, after all he was a gentleman. Mabel had her arms up on the desk she was borrowing for the day, using them as a make-shift pillow. Thus leaving her sides wide open.

Carefully looking between his teacher and the sleeping girl, he reaches over and pinches her side.

Mabel jerks up making an almost quiet squeak. A few people looked back to her. Dean buried his face in laughter seeing the pink stain her cheeks.

Mabel looks over to Dean, who's shoulders were shaking from laughter.

“That's not funny, Dean,” She pouts quietly.

Lunch wasn't for another hour so Mabel had one more class to go to with Dean, shop class. Mabel noticed Dean took a lot of manly man classes.

“Who's yer friend?” Dean's teacher Mr. Singer, prefers being called Bobby though, asks.

Dean looks away from the many engine parts to his teacher, “My neighbor.”

Bobby looks over to the girl hovering under the hood of one of the cars the students were working on, “What's she doing here?”

“She never went to school and Cas was thinking on enrolling her here once he gets the papers fixed,” Dean replies finding the piece he needed. He walked over to Mabel ducking his head under the hood with her.

“This looks so complicated,” She murmurs looking all over. Dean chuckles and hands her the part to hold. Mabel watches his hands move to remove the part and replacing it with the new part in her hands. She looked at saw the black staining her fingers. “Ew.” Dean laughs watching Mabel rub her hands. He takes her hands and the rag hanging from his pocket and started cleaning them.

At lunch Dean's table was sat in the back close to the football field exit. He saw his usual friends sitting there already. He looked to Mabel happy to show her the rest of his friends. But frowns seeing the discomfort on her face.

“Hey, what's wrong?” He asks.

“There are a lot of people in this room,” Mabel mutters looking around nervous.

“It's a lunch room, so there's bound to be a lot of people,” Dean mentions. Mabel looks at him a bit scared. “It's fine. I'll be here with you the whole time.” He leads her through the crowd, reassuring her every time she stops from a sudden sound or action.

“Hi Dean,” Tessa greets when they make it to his table. “Hi Mabel.”

“Hi Mabel,” Chuck greets.

“Hey Mabel,” Victor greets. Mabel waves to them as she sits next to Dean on the lunch bench.

Becky beams, “So you're Mabel?” Mabel nods shyly. “Hi, I'm Becky!”

“Hello Becky.”

Andy waves a hand, “I'm Andy.”

“Hi.”

“And I'm Garth,” Garth introduces himself but not looking at her as he scans the room for his latest lunch victim.

“It's really nice meeting all of you,” Mabel smiles.

Dean takes out their lunch from his bag.

“So Mabel, what do you think of Spike and Angel?” Becky asks.

“W-who?” Mabel asks dumbly.

Becky gasps exaggeratedly, “You don't know Spike and Angel!”

Dean rolls his eyes, “She was homeless Becky. She didn't have the liberty to stop and watch your shows.” Mabel giggles when Becky glares at him.

“Are you gonna come to this school Mabel?” Andy asks before putting a chip in his mouth.

Mabel sips her can of soda, “Mm, I hope so. It be nice to have you guys as friends in school.”

“What's it like not going to school?” Garth asks.

“Well, you don't really do anything. I can't get a job since I don't have any experience or the education to work properly,” Mabel replies. “It gets dull at times.”

Becky leans over turning pink at her question, “Dean tells us his brother Sam is teaching you how to read. What's that like?”

Mabel replies, “Sam's-”

“Is he really nice?”

“Um, yes. Sam is very-”

“Does he hold you in his strong arms as he points to the words?”

“Uh, n-no-”

“Does he whisper the words to you to help you pronounce them?”

Mabel looks to Dean alarmed. Dean sighs, “Becky has a crush on Sam.”

Becky then goes off on a tangent talking about how amazing Sam is, while Mabel turned to Dean, “Thank you for bringing me to school Dean.”

Dean smiles, “No problem.”

“Mabel, is there anything you want to be?” Chuck asks leaning over to her.

“What do you mean?” She asks confused.

“Like, what are you good at? I'm good at writing and Dean with football,” He replies.

Mabel rests her chin in her palm, “I don't really know what I’m good at. I never really had the time to find out.”

“Well when you go to school you'll figure it out,” Chuck tells her.

Mabel smiles. Dean's friends are so nice to her. Not a single one of them were rude to her. Not even Lisa.

After lunch Dean was definitely hesitant on bringing Mabel along. After all he had weight training for his homeroom class.

His teacher had Mabel wait out in the hall as he changed out into his gym clothes.

“So Winchester! Who was that lovely piece you got hanging on you?” A random guy from his class called.

Dean looked over to Chuck, who had that class, annoyed to have to answer for every class period.

“She's just his neighbor,” Chuck replied for him.

“You sure! You sure looked awfully friendly!” Another one shouted mockingly. All the guys laughed and Dean only smirked knowing fully well of his reputation.

Mabel played with the flaps of her jacket when the guys started coming out. She waved to the ones waving at her and winking to her. She really thought they were just being friendly to her. Dean and Chuck came out and stood in their respective spots.

Mabel wandered the weight room as Dean and Chuck did their routine.

“It's a little weird having her in here,” Chuck mutters as he spots Dean. Dean huffs sitting up looking over to Mabel watch a boy do reps with the shoulder press.

“Yeah, I guess it is,” Dean breathes.

Mabel goes over to Dean, “I want to try one of these.”

He and Chuck laugh, as he replies, “Are you sure?” When she nods, he takes her over to an empty leg curl machine. He situates her properly before setting up the weight. “Now all you do is pull this bar up with your leg and slowly bring it down.” Mabel does so and smiles. Dean felt like playing with her, so he put some extra weight. He laughs seeing her struggle with it.

“That's not funny,” She giggles struggling. Dean sets it back to the low weight and helps her out.

“You two sure do get along well don't ya?” Chuck asks as they walk to the next station.

Dean nods, “Of course.” He puts an arm around Mabel's shoulder but removes it realizing he probably smelled. “Why wouldn't we be?”

Chuck smirks, “I don't know. What with your reputation and all.”

“'Reputation'?” Mabel asks.

Chuck smiles at her, not believing at how naïve the poor thing was, and scoffs a laugh. Mabel looks to Dean but he tells her to just ignore it as he punches Chuck in the arm, hard.

It was a miracle that Mabel made the whole day. She hardly complained and she hardly asked questions that weren't too hard to answer.

She stood by Dean's locker as he put away his books that weren't needed for homework.

Mabel saw Lisa walking over.

“Dean.”

Dean looks to Mabel who gave him a shy pointed look in the direction of Lisa. He looks over and sees his 'girlfriend'.

“Hey,” He greets with a smile.

Lisa smiles, “Hey.” She looks to Mabel. “Uh, can you give us a few minutes?” Mabel realizes she was imposing on their conversation.

“Just go wait by the car okay?” Dean says. Mabel nods and walks off faster than Dean thought she would. “What do you want to talk about?”

Lisa makes a face, “Mabel.”

“Yeah? What about her?” Dean asks.

Lisa folds his arms and gives him an irritated face, “How long are you going to keep lying to her about us? People are starting to talk.”

Dean runs a hand over his face, “I know, I know. It's just … Mabel doesn't really know much about things like 'this'.” He gestures between him and her. “Plus, I feel like showing her my relationships aren't that unhealthy.”

“'Unhealthy'?” Lisa scoffs. “Dean, everyone in this school knows about you. I'm surprised no one's come up to her and told her already.”

“Hi there.”

Mabel looks up and sees the familiar Gordon Walker leering at her.

Mabel swallows hard, “I'm not allowed to talk to you.”

Gordon smirks, “Why? Cause Winchester told you to?” She nods. “Do you always do what you're told?”

“Yes,” She replies. “It's only polite.”

“So if I told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?” He asks bemused by her.

“Not if there is an intention of you wanting me dead,” She says calmly. Her answer elicits a laugh by the larger boy.

“I like you,” He laughs. “You're funny.”

Mabel says, “Thank you. Is this all you need to talk to me about? If Dean sees me talking to you I might get in trouble by him.”

“So what? I'm just being friendly,” Gordon jokes.

Something about Gordon didn't sit well with Mabel. She saw how he acted that morning. Why was he acting like a perfect gentleman in front of her?

“I'm not allowed to talk to you,” Mabel reminds. Gordon scoffs and shakes his head.

“Fine, fine. I'll take my leave,” He says smirking. “See you later.”

“I can't. I'm not-”

“Allowed. I get it,” He calls to her with amusement. “It was a figure of speech.”

Dean left the school with a bad taste in his mouth. Lisa was getting angry about the fact that their 'thing' together was getting much too serious and needed more space. After all, it's just sex. But the thought of it all after thinking hard about it made Dean feel like he wouldn't be the awesome quarterback neighbor with a smoking hot girlfriend in Mabel's naïve eyes. When really he's the stupid, horny quarterback, with average, close to failing, grades and no girlfriend. Man he hated himself so much right now.

When he sees Mabel leaning on his car kicking at the asphalt, some how it made the bad taste go away. No matter what is wrong with him, she was always kind enough to accept his flaws and just smile at him. Man was he happy that she was his friend.

“You ready to go?” He asks opening the drivers door.

Mabel smiles, “Yeah. I can't wait to tell Castiel about today.” Dean laughs as they get in. “Gordon was talking to me earlier.”

Dean heard tires screech in his head. “What?” He almost shouted. “What did he do to you?”

“Nothing,” Mabel says a bit frightened. “He just talked to me. I told him that I wasn't allowed to talk to him though and I think he took it to heart.”

Dean sighs in relief, “Good. Because nothing good comes from Gordon.”

“Why is he so mean to you?” Mabel asks.

“We're teammates,” He replies. But it only made Mabel more confused. “He tried out for quarterback but I got the spot. And he made it his duty to make my life a living hell for taking it.”

“That's horrible,” Mabel frowns.

Dean gives an exhausted look, “I know.”

“Well he is an idiot for taking his aggression out on you for no good reason,” She pouts. Dean laughs at her failed attempt in insulting his teammate.

“Man, I'm glad I took you to school today,” He laughs starting up his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need to fix my Dean. He doesn't seem like Dean.