Come in With the Rain

Sunday Morning

As the week progressed, Mabel is now an official Tippins now.

She sits with Castiel in their living room watching TV. Today they were supposed to drive up to Castiel's parents home for dinner. Mabel was going to meet the rest of his siblings.

“Castiel?” Mabel calls not really looking away from the TV. He looks at her. “What's the rest of your family like?”

“What do you mean?” He asks.

Mabel turns to look at him, “Auntie Ana told me the gist of it. Like you have four older brothers. What are they like?”

Castiel sighs and runs his hand through his hair making it stand up even more, “I'd tell you they are okay but I’d only be kidding myself.”

Mabel giggles, “Why?”

“Okay so, there is Michael, my eldest brother,” He continues. “I work with him at the company. He's sort of my boss. Even though he is the older brother and acts the most mature, he still manages to make me feel like I’ll always be the little brother.”

“Just like what Sam does to Dean,” Mabel giggles. Castiel chuckles realizing the comparison.

“But Michael is very faithful to our father and he'd fall in line if he was ordered to,” Castiel mentions.

Mabel says, “Auntie Ana mentioned something like that to me.”

Castiel sighs leaning back in the couch, “But then he always gets into heavy fights with Luke.”

“Lucifer right?” Mabel asks nervously. Just the thought of someone being named after the devil sends a shiver down her spine.

Castiel smirks, “When you meet him, he prefers to be called Luke.” Mabel smiles. “Luke was obnoxious and Michael never liked that about him. Even if Luke listened to father, he always rebelled. He had his own beliefs and Michael feared that it would display a bad influence on the rest of us.”

“Was he?” Mabel asks intrigued by his siblings.

“Not really,” He admitted. “Well, not that we know of. He was the one that secretly snuck us junk food when Dad and Mom were out on vacation. He can be a jerk at times but he always ended up making us smile in the end.”

Mabel smiles, “He sounds like a lot of fun.”

Castiel smiles but sighs, “Then there's Balthazar. He was a bit stuck up. Maybe because when we lived in London for a year because of Dad's business, he hung around the nanny's too much.”

“You lived in London?” Mabel asks excited.

“We traveled a lot because of Dad's work,” Castiel states. “And because of this Balthazar started to act as if he was smarter than anyone. Which he was. He's the one that taught me how to speak Latin, hoping that since I was young I’d bring the language back from the dead.”

“Maybe he can teach me how to read or write,” Mabel says hopeful.

Castiel smirks, “Well it is his job after all.” She gives him a puzzled look. “He's a renowned college professor at one of the local colleges. His famous lecture is actually based off of his opinion about the Titanic.” He leans over. “The family thinks it's only because he needed somewhere to vent about the Celine Dion song.” Mabel giggles. “You know if it's that easy to make you laugh, then I think Gabriel will like you.”

“Really?” Mabel beams.

“Even if Ana was the only girl out of all of us, Gabriel was always the drama queen,” Castiel snickered. “Luke was the one that influenced him the most. He taught Gabe every trick and prank in the book. But he couldn't really make that a calling now could he? So he found his calling when he joined the drama club in high school.”

“He's an actor?” Mabel asks.

“Yep, most people recognize him as the Pepsi Max guy,” He replies.

Mabel sits back soaking in the success of the Tippins family. But one thing she forgot to find out.

“What does Luke do?”

“He's a pizza man.”

Mabel pulls a face hearing that small information pull her out of her little success stupor.

“He owns a chain of pizza places called 'Devil's Pizza',” Castiel mentions realizing Mabel wasn't impressed.

Mabel looks to him, “He has his own company?” Castiel nods. And there she was again, basking in the glow of the success. “I want to go meet them all now!”

It was nice knowing Mabel was excited to meet his family. Her new family. She really deserved one after what she's been through.

Mabel made sure to wear the clothes Ana bought her. A white water dress with tonal stripes and lace insets at the cap sleeves and hem, black leggings and ankle cut high heel boots.

When they left their apartment, they caught the Winchester's heading back with groceries.

“Hi Sam,” Mabel greeted with a wave. Sam attempted to wave with out dropping his bags.

“Where are you two heading off to?” He asks with a smile.

“Sunday dinner with my family,” Castiel replied moving out of the way for the two brothers to pass.

Dean sees Mabel and what she was wearing. He liked her new outfit. Damn the girlie look really works for her.

“Dean?” Mabel called concerned as she looked at herself.

He was staring. He shook his head, “Hi Mabel. You... look great.”

Mabel smiled, “Thank you. My auntie Ana took me shopping a few days ago.”

“Lady's got taste,” He complimented.

Castiel and Mabel said goodbye to their neighbors and headed toward the exit. What Mabel didn't know was that Dean looked over his shoulder to get one more glimpse of her.

Mabel never knew that when you fall asleep in a car, you can recline the seat. So she walked into the Tippins home with a seat belt imprint on the side of her face.

The Tippins home was big. Mainly because the building had six empty rooms and two extra rooms used for guests. It wasn't particularly a mansion, but it was furnished to be one.

Castiel's parents greeted them. Mabel was nervous about meeting her new grandparents, afraid they would not approve of her. But once Castiel's mother wrapped her arms around her warmly she knew that the thought would never cross their minds ever.

Castiel's mother is a tall woman with beautiful graying hair. She had Castiel's beautiful blue eyes and pale skin. She spoke in gentle sentences and moved gracefully from room to room.

Castiel's father was really tall, with broad shoulders and a very intimidating stance. But once you look at his face you could easily tell he was a family man.

“Welcome to the family, Mabel,” Castiel's mother greeted taking Mabel's hands into her own. Mabel smiled feeling entirely welcomed in the family. “Come on, Michael, Luke and Gabriel are waiting in the living room.”

Mabel could feel her heart race feeling nervous to meet her uncles.

In the living room a man with black hair, a man with blonde hair, and a man with brown hair stood in a group talking to each other.

“Boys,” Their mother called. “Come meet Mabel.”

Mabel flinched when they turned her way. From what Castiel had told her about them she was worried that they wouldn't be to welcoming of her like his parents were. The first one to approach her was the man with black hair.

He stood just a few feet in front of her, “Hi Mabel. I'm Michael.” Mabel extends her hand out for him to shake it. He laughs and only pulls her in for a hug. “You're family now. You don't need to be so formal.” When he lets go he walks Mabel over to his brothers. Castiel and his parents left the room to give Mabel a chance to meet her uncles.

“Hi,” The blonde man greets. Compared to Michael, he seemed lazier. “I'm Luke.”

Mabel smiles, “Hi Lucifer.” She covers her mouth quickly feeling like she just swore. “I'm so sorry. Castiel told me to call you Luke but it just slipped.”

Lucifer laughs heartily, enough to rumble in your chest, “It's fine. I haven't heard many people call me by my real name in a while so it's all good.”

“It's a little strange that you are named after the devil,” Mabel murmurs shyly.

He smirks, “It is but everyone always forgets that he used to be an archangel before he was sent to hell.”

Mabel makes an understanding look, “I thought Castiel was the only one named after an angel.”

“Nope we all are,” The brown haired man states. “I'm Gabriel.”

“The actor,” Mabel smiles.

“Why thank you for noticing,” He smiles.

Michael and Lucifer start bobbing their heads like bobble heads, “We're tight.”

“Shut up!” Gabriel growls.

Mabel giggles, “It's nice to meet all of you.”

“Well you haven't met all of us yet,” Gabriel states. “You still gotta meet Balthazar.”

Luke mentions, “Hey yeah, when is he supposed to be getting here?”

Michael looked at his watch, “He did say he had a few things to finish up at the campus and he might be here before ten.”

Gabriel groans, “Ugh! I'm hungry now.” He looks to Mabel. “Come on Mabel, let's go raid the kitchen.” He takes Mabel by her hand and pulled her towards the kitchen. Mabel laughs as they moved their little group towards the kitchen.

“Oh Mabel you're here?” Ana calls from the stairs. Mabel looks up, waves briefly and continues to be dragged by Gabriel. The kitchen was big and led into the dining room. The refrigerator was one with two doors and a freezer drawer. The island in the kitchen had a built in oven and stove. There was a small stain glass lighting fixture hanging above.

Their mother looks to them, “What are you doing?”

“Gabriel was getting hungry and was going to look for snacks to eat,” Mabel stated. His mother glared at him with her hands on her hips.

Gabriel frowns, “Thanks for ratting me out Mabel.”

Mabel looks at him confused.

“Dinner isn't until everyone shows up,” His mother ordered. Gabriel moaned.

Michael came up behind the two, “Come on let's just go watch some TV.”

“I'll join you,” Castiel says walking towards the little group crowding Mabel.

Once again Mabel was ushered towards another room.

“Where are they taking you now?” Ana laughs as they pass her in the kitchen.

“Uh, to watch TV?” Mabel replies.

It was weird having so many people pay attention to her like this. Michael was so eager to find out how she feels to be a Tippins now. Mabel enjoyed being a Tippins a lot. Especially meeting the rest of them.

It was really awkward.

Mabel sitting in an uncle sandwich. Castiel couldn't help it, he needed to take a picture. He labels it, 'the first of many'.

“Um, is...is this necessary?” Mabel mumbles fidgeting in her seat between Gabriel and Luke.

Luke puts an arm around her shoulders, “None of us have nieces or nephews. You're the first one. So yes. It is necessary.”

Mabel blushes, “It's a bit too much.”

Gabriel scoffs, “Nonsense. Think about it. You have a family now. It's time to be spoiled.”

Mabel shakes her head, “Oh no. I don't wish to be spoiled.”

Ana smirks, “Well that's too bad sweetie. You're family now and since we missed out on a lot of stuff, you're getting spoiled.” Mabel frowns turning pink again.

Suddenly they heard the front door close.

“I'm here!” A British voice called.

“Finally!” Gabriel shouted shooting up from his seat and leaving the room. Michael, Castiel and Ana rolled their eyes following him close behind. Mabel looked at the Tippins confused. Luke pulled her up and guided her towards the last Tippins.

A tall lean man with blonde hair was taking his coat off. He looks over to the group walking towards him, “Ah good. You haven't started without me.”

Ana hugs her brother, “Hi Balthy.”

Balthazar hugs back, “Hello Ana.” He shakes hands with Michael and Castiel while getting one more hug from Gabriel. He looks past them to see Luke with his arm around Mabel. “Is this Mabel?”

Castiel nods, “That's her.”

Balthazar moves past his siblings to approach the new member to the Tippins family.

Mabel looks up to the man approaching her, “You must be Balthazar.”

“Yes I am,” He smiles. He puts his hands on either side of her cheeks. Mabel gives him an alarmed look. “Let me get a look at you.”

“Um, but I’m standing right in front of you?” Mabel questions as he squishes her cheeks. “Aren't you already getting a good look at me already?”

Balthazar chuckles and lets go, “It's just a saying sweetheart.” He hugs the little girl. “Welcome to the family.”

“Thank you,” Mabel smiles.

Their parents walked in announcing dinner and they all go to the dining room. Mabel sits next to Castiel at the table.

Mabel reaches out for a roll but is stopped by Castiel clearing his throat. He's shaking his head and holding his hand out. Mabel looks around the table to see the family holding hands. She retracts her hand and links hands with Castiel and Luke.

Castiel's mother asks, “Michael would you like to say grace?”

Michael nods, “Dear lord, thank you for this wonderful meal we are about to eat. And thank you for bringing Mabel to us.”

“Amen.”

Mabel threw in her little amen to have such a family take her in.

Cutlery and chewing filled the dining room. Mabel enjoyed the feeling of having family around for dinner. It was just good to have a family in all.

“So Castiel,” Balthazar calls from his end. “Are you going to enroll Mabel into that school near you?”

Castiel swallows his food, “Mm, yes. I have an investigator going out to find Mabel's birth records at the moment.”

Balthazar nods, “Mabel.” Mabel looks to her uncle. “What is your favorite subject in school?”

“Subject?”

Ana leans over, “Uh, Balthazar.” He switches his gaze from Mabel to his sister. “Mabel has never been to school.”

Balthazar gives a face of blasphemy, “What?”

“Well, I ran away from foster care before I ever got the chance to go to school,” Mabel mentions.

Balthazar frowns, “That's not good.” He clears his throat. While he does so, Gabriel comes into view behind him and begins to mimic his actions. “Since I am a teacher, I will take it up on myself to teach you as much as I can.” Mabel giggles. “You think this is funny?”

Mabel shakes her head and points to Gabriel. Balthazar turns to see his little brother making faces.

“Gabriel!”

Dinner ended nicely. Sadly it was time for them to go. Mabel had a bed time and Castiel had work.

Mabel gave her new family one last hug before leaving with Castiel.

“We hope to see you again Mabel,” Castiel's mother called from their front porch. Mabel waves to them as Castiel drives off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've read many stories where Cas' family is broken and mean and i just felt the need to make him have a big happy family.