Survival of Z-World

Let's go.

"Okay Frankie, we'll leave at sunrise. But if I die and turn into an ugly undead person, I'm bringing you down with me!" She giggled, flipping her hair. Frankie laughed to himself.

He liked Leigh, he just didn't know how much, but nothing could happen between them now, not ever. He would never tell her about the nights he could see her naked sillohuette through her curtains, or how much enjoyed it. Frankie had to step up and be the leader, he couldn't let any feelings get in the way of that.

They had been boarded up in Leighs room for the last 2 weeks, not trusting the whole house to be safe. The en suite was no use to them, and they had to move out soon, the toilet backed up along time ago and the smell came up in conversation at least twice a day.

Frankie had guessed it to be about 9pm. He slowly pulled the curtain back and almost had a heart attack as a zombie shuffled past a few metres away. He quickly put the curtain back and scanned the room. It was now bare and 2 backpacks sat up against the boarded up door.

Candles - Check.
Food - Check.
Lighter & matches - Check.
Torches - Check.
Pocket knife - Check.
Bullets - Check.
Axe - Check.
Water - Check.
Toilet roll - Check.
Medi-pack - Check.

Frankie laughed to himself as he zipped up both the backpacks, Leigh and her modesty. The toilet roll wouldn't last long anyway.

He rolled into bed slowly as not to wake Leigh, well, it was probably the last time they'd sleep somewhere comfortable. He turned onto his side and blew out the candle that was almost down to the wick. He turned on his back and closed his heavy eyes. He felt Leigh roll over and drape her arm over his stomach.

His eyes shot open at the feeling of butterflies in his stomach.

"It's only an arm, Frankie, get a hole of yourself." He whispered.

"What?" Leigh asked sleepily.

"Nothing, go back to sleep." He replied.

"We've got a big day ahead, tomorrow, need all the sleep we can get." He said, though he was sure he was only talking to himself as he heard a soft snore come from beside him.

Frankie smiled and closed his eyes for the last time that night.