Survival of Z-World

Laura....

"My feet hurt, Frankie. Can we stop for a bit?"

"Can you see that up there, Leigh?"

"That walker?"

"Yeah, we need to detour away from it, because I bet it's not the only one coming from that way."

They hurried across the street and went down another street.

"We need to look for signs of other people. People who are still alive."

"Okay, Frankie, but we need to stop for a minute, I'm tired."

They had a quick rest and drink of water, it was the middle of spring, so not overly hot, but enough to not want to be in the sun all day.

"We should find a car, Frankie."

"Why?"

"We need to get out of town, listen to the radio, maybe there's a signal of where there's no infection."

Frankie sighed. Did Leigh reallly believe there were infection-free places anymore?

"We need to find a big car, a car that may have a UHF radio, we can put a call out."

"You really have watched alot movies, haven't you Frank?" Leigh laughed. She screwed the lid back on her water and shoved it back in her bag.

She went to stand up when she heard a twig break. She slowed her breathing as Frankie turned to her.

"Get up we need --"

Leigh put her finger to her lips to shush him. She slowly stood up and got the cleaver out of her bag, if it was one, she could take it, no loud noises to attract others.

They both looked toward the sound and eventually a little girl came into sight.

Leigh almost lost her breath. She had babysat this little girl a couple of times. Tears sprang to her eyes as the girl lifted her head, revealing a bloody mouth and the eyes of the infected.

"Laura...." Leigh trailed off.

"Not anymore she isn't." Frankie said as he took the cleaver from Leigh's stiffened hand.

"Turn around." Frankie ordered.

Leigh turned at the same time she heard the tell-tale groan from Laura's mouth.

Leigh cringed as she heard the cleaver connect with the little girl's neck and shoved her fingers into her ears. She wasn't ready for this.

"Lets go." Frankie said, wiping the blood off the cleaver onto the now forever dead girls dress. Leigh picked up her belongings and her gun. Frankie handed the cleaver back to Leigh. Frankie started to walk ahead and Leigh looked behind to the see the girls head had rolled away from her body. She took a deep breath and hurried to catch up with Frankie.

"Thank you." She said, looking at the ground.